Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 109)

Anam... IF-Sizzlerz
Anam...
Anam...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by humanspirit

Guys, FAN flops speaks tonnes about the inefficiency of indian BO. It doesnt reflect on the quality of the film itself.  Its a reflection of the crap that people in india are used to seeing in theatres. We should all be proud of our superstar who has made the most honest attempt possible to take a step in the right direction. I hope more people follow suit and down the line srk is known as the person who brought the trend of such beautiful films. 

Right on! Thumbs Up As SRK himself said, he didnt expect Fan to be a success in the Heartland, which only likes commercial masala movies with songs and dances, lots of violence and at least one item song.
 Over the years, so many wonderful movies have failed at the BO because of this inability by masses to appreciate good content: 
Swades
Lootera
Dor
Rocket Singh
Udaan
Lamhe
D-Day
Lakshya
Luck By Chance
And many more such great movies which didnt do well at the BO...so Fan is in good company. Big smile

Edited by pallavi25 - 20 April 2016 at 3:47pm

AS-Rifi-DZ-

khoslakadhokla IF-Rockerz
khoslakadhokla
khoslakadhokla

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by a.K.a_SobriqueT

Guys A Request,Please tag SPOILER or alert atleast. Some of us haven't watched it, and I just Read something regarding the End. I missed out watching last weekend cos of some emergency. Thanks

I feel ya...I've already spoiled enough of the movie for myself, given my curiosity and the open discussion everywhere...Ouch

AlsoKnownAs-DZ-

rimi2983 IF-Dazzler
rimi2983
rimi2983

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anam...

Originally posted by rimi2983

I guess it is time for fans to discuss why Fan failed at BO.

Yes, BO isn't important and you all are happy with critical acclaim, but if I was SRK fan, I would be very angry if all his hardwork and critical acclaim didn't convert to BO numbers...coz at the end of the day, success of a superstar  is measured in terms of numbers at BO.

I think that first time, SRK made a marketing blunder. He did not position the movie properly.

@bold:

SRK even before Dilwale released had said Fan is not going to break any records or going to be liked by the majority. 
Fan was an experimental sort of film with a big star and use of VFX, hence it turned out to be extremely expensive. Do you think Aditya Chopra, SRK & YRF were stupid to think that this film was going to rake in the money? The movie was made to raise the standards of how VFX is used in Indian films amongst many things. In future if any other film requires this kind of VFX or this kind of scale, Fan will be a reference point.

Fan had potential to be revolutionary movie in VFX and break BO record. To call a movie "not for masses" is a mistake , specially when it could have easily made into a mass movie with a better second half.
And yes, YRF was helming marketing, but when stars like SRK are involved, they do not leave marketing strategy entirely to YRF. So SRK must have given inputs. 

Don't take it as a dig but for certain fan groups, BO numbers is all that matters irrespective of how trashy the film is. Not all fan groups are like that...this time SRK fans wanted a good performance over the big numbers which happened. The trashy yet hit movies was not something the SRK fans could digest any longer. We wanted substance this time which we got. Unfortunately the good film and amazing performance didn't translate into big numbers.

Yes SRK fans wanted critical acclaim, but this movie could have gotten BO too. It had potential, that was spoiled by director

Hopefully Raees will be the film that manages to strike the right balance between commercial appeal and critical acclaim. - Hopefully lessons will be learnt from Fan

khoslakadhokla
khoslakadhokla

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
People, how long is the movie supposed to be?
Here they are saying its 2 hrs, 10 mins

but isn't is supposed to be 2:20 or something?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

aspen_matis Newbie
aspen_matis
aspen_matis

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
I did not see Illeana or Vaani anywhere in the movie here (in USA). Were some scenes missing in the overseas cut?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by khoslakadhokla

Well, at our theater, the show started at 2:40 pm, ended at 5 pm, there was no break for intermission so movie is 2 hrs 20 mins. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

khoslakadhokla
khoslakadhokla

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by khoslakadhokla

Well, at our theater, the show started at 2:40 pm, ended at 5 pm, there was no break for intermission so movie is 2 hrs 20 mins. 

You're not talking about India, right?
I dunno but the website shows 2 hrs and 10 mins for some reason. 

AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top