Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 101)

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RamSiyaRam

Originally posted by MoonBow.

Originally posted by -Anku-

Originally posted by RamSiyaRam

After having watched the movie, I feel sad for SRK, such a brilliant performance and public has not watched it. The movie should have worked, its well made and holds your interest. So the only plausible reason is promotion. Damn YRF and AdiAngry I have myself told more than 20 people that SRK movie has released and majorly public is unaware.

It definitely is a lack of promotion and marketing. Because a lot of people weren't aware or clear about concept and the double role confused them. Because majorly its a good story and exceptional concept, with an amazing performance. Anyway what matters is that its earned accolades and SRK looks extremely satisfied because he knew what he was doing. He's been in the business more than we think and know so yeah Embarrassed

Just to justify. 

The film's budget was already at 85 cr without the promotions 

Promotions were 20 Cr.. if im not wrong..  He visited some sets like Kapil's show, Aap ki Aadalat, Sa Re Ga Ma etc.

So thats what they felt required..Jabra song is the key commercial way to promote.

But its okay, we win some , we lose some. 

I am not saying they did zero promotions but the volume was inadequate since the whole idea of promotion is to make public aware and if they are NOT then clearly its lacking.
Whatever media they use whether TV, Radio, print, banners, posters etc, it should WORK.
The young college going crowd is not aware. Who will fill the multiplexes? FAN was not meant for kids.Ouch

yeah but i think they already knew that its more of a content film thus WOM would be the key.
But some people had alot of problems with the storyline. 2nd half not good, it was boring for some since no song etc.. So basically it was very niche..

as of now, we can only break even.. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Anku-

For a niche film, for a different concept and for lack of marketing Fan is still doing really well. Box office records aren't always the last say, some movies and stories are for more then that. Anyway worldwide the movie shall do well. Movie might not be up to the taste of the masses here. There's still time for that. Smile

Its a niche film and SRK knew that promotions or no promotions...not everyone is going to watch it...and that is the reason that FAN was not promoted the way an SRK movie is promoted normally...its not for everyone...Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-Anku--DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GERUA

A role modelled on Gauri Khan
Updated: April 20, 2016 15:07 IST | Sangeetha Devi Dundoo
Waluscha de Sousa
Waluscha de Sousa talks about the high of making her film debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Fan'

The first reaction was that of surprise and the thought where had she been?' when we spotted Waluscha de Sousa on screen, playing Shah Rukh Khan's wife in Fan. "Everyone has been telling me that," laughs the model who once scorched the ramp. Waluscha waltzed into the modelling scene as a teen.

She was supposed to be the surprise factor, cast in a brief role modelled on Gauri Khan. Waluscha is relieved she can finally talk about the film, which happens to be her first. She has done a few ad films with Shah Rukh in the past, but this was a different ball game.

"I was looking and was told that if I manage to meet casting director Shanoo Sharma, there's a good chance of something working out. I sent her my photographs and waited. The call came out of the blue and I rushed to meet her," says Waluscha. In the next two days, she auditioned and went back, hoping something would come out of it.

Shanoo Sharma had sent the audition clippings to Aditya Chopra and Maneesh Sharma, who were on the look for someone pretty, could act, and looked confident to be a superstar's wife. "I was called to meet Maneesh and it was a casual conversation. Even then I didn't know about Fan. When they eventually asked if I'd act in the film, it was a no-brainer. I mean, why would I refuse a film with Shah Rukh?" she laughs.

On her first day on the sets, she was a bundle of nerves. She had rehearsed but got worked up and fumbled her lines. "We were shooting the scene were Gaurav walks into the house, I hug him and sense that he is an impostor. I was wearing a satin night dress and felt conscious, uncomfortable," she recalls.

Mobile phones were not allowed on the sets to keep SRK's Gaurav look under wraps. So Waluscha didn't have the option of calling her friends and sharing her nervousness. "I maintained a calm exterior but I was dying inside. It was nerve wracking. Shah Rukh was very patient till I got it right," she says.

Hers might have been a brief role, but Walushca was excited. "I liked the experience. My brief was to play a confident woman like Gauri. She's been Shah Rukh's backbone and she's seen him through ups and downs."

Waluscha watched Fan with family and friends who kept cheering her. "For my kids, I had become an overnight star," she says.

There was a time when she had moved away from modelling, after her marriage to Marc Robinson at 19. "I did what I felt was right, devoted all my time to bringing up the kids. I had put my passion on the backburner. But after things turned out the way they did, I had to pick up my pieces and move on," she says, referring to their divorce.

Now, she's eager to be a part of the film industry. Occasional modelling assignments will continue. "A few designers have been my close friends all along and I'll walk the ramp for them. I'm going to Dehradun where Rocky S will be showing his collection," she trails off.

Does anyone else feel that Waluscha...resembles Gauri ?LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

qazplm IF-Sizzlerz
qazplm
qazplm

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by GERUA

A role modelled on Gauri Khan
Updated: April 20, 2016 15:07 IST | Sangeetha Devi Dundoo
Waluscha de Sousa
Waluscha de Sousa talks about the high of making her film debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Fan'

The first reaction was that of surprise and the thought where had she been?' when we spotted Waluscha de Sousa on screen, playing Shah Rukh Khan's wife in Fan. "Everyone has been telling me that," laughs the model who once scorched the ramp. Waluscha waltzed into the modelling scene as a teen.

She was supposed to be the surprise factor, cast in a brief role modelled on Gauri Khan. Waluscha is relieved she can finally talk about the film, which happens to be her first. She has done a few ad films with Shah Rukh in the past, but this was a different ball game.

"I was looking and was told that if I manage to meet casting director Shanoo Sharma, there's a good chance of something working out. I sent her my photographs and waited. The call came out of the blue and I rushed to meet her," says Waluscha. In the next two days, she auditioned and went back, hoping something would come out of it.

Shanoo Sharma had sent the audition clippings to Aditya Chopra and Maneesh Sharma, who were on the look for someone pretty, could act, and looked confident to be a superstar's wife. "I was called to meet Maneesh and it was a casual conversation. Even then I didn't know about Fan. When they eventually asked if I'd act in the film, it was a no-brainer. I mean, why would I refuse a film with Shah Rukh?" she laughs.

On her first day on the sets, she was a bundle of nerves. She had rehearsed but got worked up and fumbled her lines. "We were shooting the scene were Gaurav walks into the house, I hug him and sense that he is an impostor. I was wearing a satin night dress and felt conscious, uncomfortable," she recalls.

Mobile phones were not allowed on the sets to keep SRK's Gaurav look under wraps. So Waluscha didn't have the option of calling her friends and sharing her nervousness. "I maintained a calm exterior but I was dying inside. It was nerve wracking. Shah Rukh was very patient till I got it right," she says.

Hers might have been a brief role, but Walushca was excited. "I liked the experience. My brief was to play a confident woman like Gauri. She's been Shah Rukh's backbone and she's seen him through ups and downs."

Waluscha watched Fan with family and friends who kept cheering her. "For my kids, I had become an overnight star," she says.

There was a time when she had moved away from modelling, after her marriage to Marc Robinson at 19. "I did what I felt was right, devoted all my time to bringing up the kids. I had put my passion on the backburner. But after things turned out the way they did, I had to pick up my pieces and move on," she says, referring to their divorce.

Now, she's eager to be a part of the film industry. Occasional modelling assignments will continue. "A few designers have been my close friends all along and I'll walk the ramp for them. I'm going to Dehradun where Rocky S will be showing his collection," she trails off.

Does anyone else feel that Waluscha...resembles Gauri ?LOL

Me. And my sister said the same after watching the movie. In fact, the I was squirming through all the house scenes because it felt too close to Shah's personal lifeLOL But yeah, it was very much based on Gauri.

Have you spoken to Gauri Khan?

No, I haven't had the pleasure of talking to her. I do know her socially, but we haven't really sat down and had a conversation.

Did you not talk to her to prep for the role as you played Shah Rukh Khan's wife in the film?

The thing is Maneesh (Sharma, director) talked to me a lot about Gauri being a strong woman and that she and SRK have a lot of love between them. He took me through their journey and how Gauri is completely in love with him, and is also the backbone behind everything. When I had to play this character I had to keep in mind that the two are tremendously in love with each other, and stay strong through difficult times.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25AS-RifiBeautyful_MessNestleToulouseglace-bleue-DZ-

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:37am | IP Logged
ohh friends don't worry too much about numbers ...
kabhi kabhi haar meh jeet hai...that's the feeling from FAN and Shah.

last night when I went to see movie, must say capacity was houseful! but Tuesdays is a discount day for us here.
when ppl came out of theaters all I heard:
shah rukh finally nails it,
nice, nice movie.
shah rukh was awesome,
shah was too good yaar..

shah shah shah...the actor.

when I came out of seeing dhoodhwaales, jthj, and no so HNY, oh mannn it was like:
so so..., it was ok, theek tha...not so good, I didn't like, bakwaas tha, good, bad, flop.
even ce express which made so much money...I would put FAN way ahead of that movie...like way ahead.

so for me ...this is a big win.

even if shah wins any award for this performance...this is a well deserved award, not like winning a consolation prizes for CE and dhoodhwaale performances.

since shah has raised the bar high, really high, I cannot wait to see other performers like shahid, saif, amir, and not to forget randeep , bring your best guys. must say akki did really well in airlift as well, I also looking for his rustom.

for now...just enjoy shah the actor in and as FAN.

ohh and watch it again...gonna love shah more and more...

BRING ON RAEES NOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by briahna - 20 April 2016 at 8:37am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifipallavi25glace-bleue-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:43am | IP Logged

OMG!! JAW-Dropping-Technology & Art-Extremely TALENTED @vfx_redchillies turn #SRK TO #GAURAV http://bit.ly/SRK-TurnsGaurav-How ...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25Beautyful_MessAS-Rifi-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

ohh friends don't worry too much about numbers ...
kabhi kabhi haar meh jeet hai...that's the feeling from FAN and Shah.

last night when I went to see movie, must say capacity was houseful! but Tuesdays is a discount day for us here.
when ppl came out of theaters all I heard:
shah rukh finally nails it,
nice, nice movie.
shah rukh was awesome,
shah was too good yaar..

shah shah shah...the actor.

when I came out of seeing dhoodhwaales, jthj, and no so HNY, oh mannn it was like:
so so..., it was ok, theek tha...not so good, I didn't like, bakwaas tha, good, bad, flop.
even ce express which made so much money...I would put FAN way ahead of that movie...like way ahead.

so for me ...this is a big win.

even if shah wins any award for this performance...this is a well deserved award, not like winning a consolation prizes for CE and dhoodhwaale performances.

since shah has raised the bar high, really high, I cannot wait to see other performers like shahid, saif, amir, and not to forget randeep , bring your best guys. must say akki did really well in airlift as well, I also looking for his rustom.

for now...just enjoy shah the actor in and as FAN.

ohh and watch it again...gonna love shah more and more...

BRING ON RAEES NOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ab meri expectations RAEES se bahut jyada badh gayi hain...not for BO but for the performance partEmbarrassed

briahnaAS-Rifi-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:49am | IP Logged

No no More... Or 6 more... Thank you Thank you !!! @FanTheFilm @iamsrk

pallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top