Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 - Page 90

BollyBoy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Malika

The movie is dark, depressing and unrelatable...you hardly find insane people like Gaurav in reality. But genuine and sane fans are all out there in plentiful number. I wish they focused on atleast some of the good part of fans and not made a mockery of them by stereotyping so badly, may be then the audience would have been pleased. 

To be honest, they did show the genuine love Gaurav had for Aryan in the beginning. However they can't make it all rainbow-like, other-wise there would be no story. Gaurav had to be the way he was otherwise we would not have a movie... and that too a thriller...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj80 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ZanduBaaM

Award πŸ€£

Award to aaj kal us kaamwali ki tarah ho gaya jaise wo subha aati hai aur kaam karke chali jati hai ...waise hi Award show me dance karo or Award lo aur Ghar chalo πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

oye uss star kopata nahi hoga toh kise pata hoga πŸ˜†... Edited by raj80 - 8 years ago
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: gulabi22

πŸ˜† and they are soft with global king what if newbies or kangu/sonam/pc ki movie hothi??

BOI has always made it look there are external factors which affects his movie n now genre is used for excuse. They can simply say it failed on BO coz ppl didn't like the movie instead of giving excuses.

Neerja is direct example it was small movie with just 700 screens found appreciation from audience n made 75 crs on BO n became a sleeper hit of this year.Edited by --SH7_Sunny-- - 8 years ago
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: --SH7_Sunny--

BOI has always made it look there are external factors which affects his movie n now genre is used for excuse. They can simply say it failed on BO coz ppl didn't like the movie instead of giving excuses.

Neerja is direct example it was small movie with just 700 screens found appreciation from audience n made 75 crs on BO n became a sleeper hit of this year.

Exactly sunny πŸ‘ kamal ki baat kardi .As its for srk movie they will plenty of excuses ready otherwise they always lower all actors πŸ₯±
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ZanduBaaM

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Award🀣</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Award to aaj kal us kaamwali ki tarah ho gaya jaise wo subha aati hai aur kaam karke chali jati hai ...waise hi Award show me dance karo or Award lo aur Ghar chaloπŸ˜›πŸ˜†</font>

πŸ˜†
humanspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The movie is ahead of its times. Another example that comes to my mind is aamir khan's baazi. Its was a brilliant film imo but was a big flop. Fan is again 10 years too soon i guess. It will be considered a classic by the next generation for sure. Edited by humanspirit - 8 years ago
Get-Lost thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This proves that no matter how star-studded the film is, unless there is a proper script backing it up, the film won't work.
Honestly, the film was depressing and dark. And towards the end, I felt like I was watching Raone. 

But SRK still has hopes for winning NA..umeed par duniya kaaym hai..πŸ˜‰

PS. I wonder what would have happened to SRK if his films weren't released in Pakistan?πŸ€”
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: BollyBoy

To be honest, they did show the genuine love Gaurav had for Aryan in the beginning. However they can't make it all rainbow-like, other-wise there would be no story. Gaurav had to be the way he was otherwise we would not have a movie... and that too a thriller...

Then i think the movie should have been named something else...not FAN for sure. The tagline of the movie is "SRK IN AND AS FAN" - There is so much focus on the 'love' of a fan though this is not love. This is madness. From beginning Gaurav was shown insane. He had no consideration or emotional connect for other people like in the train scene. That was height of insanity and not love. Fans are not like that. They might be crazy for their idols but they dont have self-destructive attributes. Clearly FAN is a totally one-sided movie from the perspective of only a stars goodness. 
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Ahh that sucks because I really liked the movie
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: MrsKhan

Fan - The Genre Makes It Tough
Thursday 21 April 2016 11.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
?

Fan dropped on the second day at key centres which basically sealed its fate and the postmortems will happen but the genre of the film always meant an uphill struggle to meet expectations which were mainly there because of a big star like Shahrukh Khan. It could have succeeded but was never going to be a superstar level hit. The highest grossing thriller till date is Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off Duty at 112 crore nett and that says it all.

The next bests are Ek Villain and Race 2 and the list of disappointments in the genre is huge not just over the last few years but since they started being made in Hindi. The last big hit in the genre was Agni Sakshi way back in 1996 and this was mainly driven by Mumbai circuit which had a tax free status.

The last one to do extraordinary business all over was actually a Shahrukh Khan film Darr in 1993. This is probably the most successful thriller genre film in India ever but the reason it went so far was that other elements that are needed in a Hindi film were blended so well in the film especially a love story and music. Also it was directed by the one of the greats of Hindi cinemas Yash Chopra and there no directors of that level today in the Hindi film industry. 

Basically the bigger the star, the bigger the risk with this genre. The more popular you are then the higher the expectations go which just can't be met with the genre especially the sort of number that is expected of a Shahrukh Khan or a Salman Khan starrer. Its difficult to meet expectations and if a few circuits reject the film then the gap between expectation and final result can look huge which is the case with Fan.

The downside of mega stardom is that you can't really go out of the drama, action and love story genre today as box office numbers are reported everywhere and outside these genres you need some outstanding film to put up a megastar number.

It is also interesting to note that the other superstar of the day Salman Khan has no film in the thriller genre in our database which goes back to 1994. Not only Salman Khan but even the legendary megastars of prior generations with great box office records are likely to have filmographies devoid of thrillers.

Mrs Khan πŸ˜²πŸ˜³ who is that ...is it Hajmola ??
Is that Mrs F Khan or just a combination of favorite Khans  πŸ˜ƒ