Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
briahna thumbnail
Originally posted by: -SalShah4eva-

@bri🀣

u OK girl lol

πŸ€—
dost don't worry about bri at all, koi worry na kariyo.
actually finally my blood pressure, high blood sugar, anxiety attacks, stress, loss of memory, early symptoms of mental disability are in kaaboo...they were really OTT due to overdose masala I was thrown at from my shah recently. but now...thanks to shah and fan, its all under control.
just came back from my checkup on Saturday and doctorrr is very impressed , so koi worry nahi.

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Pinnacle09

Let me get the mandatory introduction/disclaimer out of the way.

I am a newbie here though not exactly new to I-F. Since I am newbie, I obviously must be a biased fan.

I AM.πŸ˜†

I will just share some thoughts on few things that stood out apart from SRK who was absolutely brilliant!

*Some spoilers ahead*

1. How did Gaurav travel to foreign places and pull the stunts he did?

Well, they did show Gaurav selling off his cybercafe. So one can safely assume, he would have got a size-able amount that will take care of his travel expenses especially since he was not going to travel business class or stay in an expensive hotel.

2. How did he pull off the stunts at the wax museum and at the wedding?

Gaurav is very active on the social media. Is it really hard to believe that all he had to do was track some fan-clubs/PR articles which constantly release information about the star's current and future itinerary? 

A reloaded show would be planned and announced much in advance, even a marriage where Aryan Khanna would participate would have some media buzz. The guy is shown as tech 
savvy unlike yours truly, so yeah...the whole thing is possible...NOT Impossible.

3. Fake ID in a foreign country.

He probably traveled using his own original passport. To be a member of the crew, he needed the fake id. You see him walk into a shop, come out with a fake beard. Haven't we seen in movies/read in novels like Ludlum-Hailey-Archer - it is not that tough to get those things. Gaurav obviously did his research and got luckyπŸ˜†

4. Highly improbable act of revenge for a small thing.

Well, we never know how far each one of us will go if we are pushed or feel have been wronged. 
Gaurav might not be an academic genius, he was not an idiot either. He was smart in a lot of ways. The guy felt wronged. πŸ˜­

He tells his family once he returns that he has wasted his life behind Aryan and is going to live his life. So I don't think, the family would have suspected something odd when he burnt his Aryan collection. 

5. The chases were unrealistic.

Maybe. I thought they were brilliantly executed. πŸ‘

6. Sid Kapoor

This guy was the culmination of so many actors/rivalries that SRK has seen over the years. You can figure out who is who if you are upto it.

This movie in its own way addressed pretty much most of the controversies/rumors SRK has been rightly or wrongly part of.  The point is if you want to look for hidden meanings, you will find them. If you don't want to - you won't.

Throughout the movie it is hinted that Aryan Khanna is history and no longer relevant. Aryan's answer - Yeah hearing it for a long time...new guys came, some stayed, some disappeared.

Aryan is still relevant and will continue to be.😎

7. Aryan should have apologized to Gaurav

Er...I don't see why? Attacking Sid Kapoor was a criminal act. Period. Aryan did the best he could do at that moment. 

The video that Gaurav shared with Aryan was the gruesome way Sid Kapoor's Apology video was shot. The public saw the politically correct video. If Aryan made that video public, he would have been dragged into an unnecessary controversy which he was not responsible for. Plus, Sid Kapoor's image would have gone for a toss. 

Imagine a hero who shoots action scene 30 minutes back, a random guy is able to overpower him and gets him to do what he wants. Even if welfare of Sid Kapoor was the last thing  on Aryan's mind, the fact is Sid Kapoor did not come forward and say anything either.

Let us come to Gaurav now. Aryan sent couple of police guys. The instructions were simple - keep it off the books, no criminal record for the obviously immature emotional young fan whose future is at stake, not to physically harm him too much, only enough that the guy learns his lesson and never repeats it again. Considering the circumstances, he did the best he could.

If a star like Aryan Khanna were to meet every single fan who comes to meet him, he would not be able to go for a single day of work.

Come to think of it, while we are in office, how many social calls do you think we can take and get the work done..Not much right?

8. How did Gaurav get Aryan's personal number?

Not the smartest thing Aryan and his Team did...but they did make the first call to Gaurav from what can be assumed was Aryan's number. So maybe it is not improbable that Gaurav saved that number?πŸ˜•

I don't question logic, reality, gravity when I see, in an action movie, a hero (any hero) throwing a punch and 5-6 men doing perfect somersaults/flips whatever they are called. 

I just rue the fact that Indian Sports gymnastics selectors don't make the effort to groom such extraordinary talent in our country who can bring some medals or atleast finish in the bottom five in major sports events of the world.

So yeah...let us not really go there shall we...Otherwise, we will lose some amazing cinematic moments that we have loved. 

We would start questioning the intelligence of Simran who would still be willing to marry a guy and his family as in her Sasurji who have absolutely no problem with her risking her life, make her catch a running train and not have the intelligence or the money to pull the chain or pay for the fine respectively.πŸ€”πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

9. Stardom - the Ugly side.

It is often the glamour side of stardom that is hyped in media. Fan brings you the harsher and ugly side of stardom - the hardwork that goes behind, having to put a STAR face even as your world is falling apart, taking lot of sh*t from people, the brickbats that people are so quick to throw at you. Kudos to SRK to have given a glimpse of the other side.

Aryan Khanna might be loved by millions, but is the guy really respected? We see the Indian embassy officials quick to dismiss him. So does the Police Commissioner, his own fans and people who are quick to desert him and disown him. The same people who are quick to dismiss him will probably have no qualms about getting a selfie clicked with him. A reality he very well knows and lives with it.

Call it sheer coincidence or sheer brilliance - You get a glimpse of what SRK went through during Dilwale. Accused of being anti national when he is not. People quick to boycott, judge him even though they have known him for years. Didn't same thing happen with Aryan when he is accused of molesting a girl, the wax museum incident where fans, people are quick to judge him,
boycott him, believe the worst in him even though they have known him long enough to have realized he would NOT do any such thing?

I have seen people wondering why is the star  chasing a  fan? 

Well, the Star did ask for help from the legal authorities. 
They washed off their hands. Nobody was ready to do their duty. 
The onus was on him to fix this, clear his name. 

HE DID EXACTLY THAT! Didn't he?

10. Box Office - Forget that. Look at the Brand Equity

So let us see what SRK achieved. He got his fans back with the movie, especially those who had longed to see the actor in him. The praise he is getting is proof of that. The brand equity of the actor that had taken a bit of beating in recent times has soared higher.

Red Chillies VFX definitely will gain immensely from the work they have done in Fan. Maybe not perfect, but they are going to be well recognized in the world of VFX.

There is a reason this guy is a smart businessman as well as an exceptional actor. He has pretty much ensured his empire is pretty stable and can stand on its own feet and he is getting back to doing what he is best at - ACTING. At-least the next few movies of his offer a variety which we have all been looking forward to.

11. Conclusion

We see most stars mouthing fans are everything, they made me blah blah...So did Aryan Khanna. Then he stops himself from saying those similar lines at the press conference realizing the hollowness of it. 

The last scene - where you see a subdued Aryan remembering Gaurav and feeling a lot more gratitude and respect towards his fans compared to the beginning of the movie where it was all probably smugly taken for granted. 

As for Gaurav, Aryan tried his best to explain to Gaurav - Stars are humans too. Live your own life and not someone else's. The star learnt his lesson, the fan ...?

Yeah, Too long I know.

Living my own Gaurav moment here, I guess.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Damn.😲..u are just brilliantπŸ‘...where were you all this time...u should have joined beforeπŸ˜†
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: srkjuhi

So guys, how many here are going for it again? I'm planning to go again sometime this week! :D

going with family this time but dunno when πŸ˜†
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
One thing that I forgot to mention in my review is that I feel sorry for all those who judged SRK as being narcissistic and arrogant for playing the superstar and FAN both...I hope they realize that FAN has exposed how vulnerable, insecure and emotional these superstars are...FAN showed that they are just like any common man would be..
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Damn.😲..u are just brilliantπŸ‘...where were you all this time...u should have joined beforeπŸ˜†

Kahin ye new id shahrukh to nahi πŸ˜² brilliance makes me believe thatπŸ˜ƒ besides point no :10 even business side also explained πŸ˜²πŸ˜†
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Originally posted by: briahna

πŸ€—
dost don't worry about bri at all, koi worry na kariyo.
actually finally my blood pressure, high blood sugar, anxiety attacks, stress, loss of memory, early symptoms of mental disability are in kaaboo...they were really OTT due to overdose masala I was thrown at from my shah recently. but now...thanks to shah and fan, its all under control.
just came back from my checkup on Saturday and doctorrr is very impressed , so koi worry nahi.

you also went to see a doc like BI jee did..I guess im the only one left now.I should go soon tooπŸ˜†
jadu wali jhappiπŸ€—
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

One thing that I forgot to mention in my review is that I feel sorry for all those who judged SRK as being narcissistic and arrogant for playing the superstar and FAN both...I hope they realize that FAN has exposed how vulnerable, insecure and emotional these superstars are...FAN showed that they are just like any common man would be..

accha 🀣
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail

I am a newbie here though not exactly new to I-F. Since I am newbie, I obviously must be a biased fan.

I AM.πŸ˜†

I will just share some thoughts on few things that stood out apart from SRK who was absolutely brilliant!

*Some spoilers ahead*

Well, they did show Gaurav selling off his cybercafe. So one can safely assume, he would have got a size-able amount that will take care of his travel expenses especially since he was not going to travel business class or stay in an expensive hotel.

Gaurav is very active on the social media. Is it really hard to believe that all he had to do was track some fan-clubs/PR articles which constantly release information about the star's current and future itinerary? 

A reloaded show would be planned and announced much in advance, even a marriage where Aryan Khanna would participate would have some media buzz. The guy is shown as tech 
savvy unlike yours truly, so yeah...the whole thing is possible...NOT Impossible.

He probably traveled using his own original passport. To be a member of the crew, he needed the fake id. You see him walk into a shop, come out with a fake beard. Haven't we seen in movies/read in novels like Ludlum-Hailey-Archer - it is not that tough to get those things. Gaurav obviously did his research and got luckyπŸ˜†

Well, we never know how far each one of us will go if we are pushed or feel have been wronged. 
Gaurav might not be an academic genius, he was not an idiot either. He was smart in a lot of ways. The guy felt wronged. πŸ˜­

He tells his family once he returns that he has wasted his life behind Aryan and is going to live his life. So I don't think, the family would have suspected something odd when he burnt his Aryan collection. 

Maybe. I thought they were brilliantly executed. πŸ‘

6. Sid Kapoor

This guy was the culmination of so many actors/rivalries that SRK has seen over the years. You can figure out who is who if you are upto it.

This movie in its own way addressed pretty much most of the controversies/rumors SRK has been rightly or wrongly part of.  The point is if you want to look for hidden meanings, you will find them. If you don't want to - you won't.

Throughout the movie it is hinted that Aryan Khanna is history and no longer relevant. Aryan's answer - Yeah hearing it for a long time...new guys came, some stayed, some disappeared.

Er...I don't see why? Attacking Sid Kapoor was a criminal act. Period. Aryan did the best he could do at that moment. 

The video that Gaurav shared with Aryan was the gruesome way Sid Kapoor's Apology video was shot. The public saw the politically correct video. If Aryan made that video public, he would have been dragged into an unnecessary controversy which he was not responsible for. Plus, Sid Kapoor's image would have gone for a toss. 

Imagine a hero who shoots action scene 30 minutes back, a random guy is able to overpower him and gets him to do what he wants. Even if welfare of Sid Kapoor was the last thing  on Aryan's mind, the fact is Sid Kapoor did not come forward and say anything either.

Let us come to Gaurav now. Aryan sent couple of police guys. The instructions were simple - keep it off the books, no criminal record for the obviously immature emotional young fan whose future is at stake, not to physically harm him too much, only enough that the guy learns his lesson and never repeats it again. Considering the circumstances, he did the best he could.

If a star like Aryan Khanna were to meet every single fan who comes to meet him, he would not be able to go for a single day of work.

Come to think of it, while we are in office, how many social calls do you think we can take and get the work done..Not much right?

Not the smartest thing Aryan and his Team did...but they did make the first call to Gaurav from what can be assumed was Aryan's number. So maybe it is not improbable that Gaurav saved that number?πŸ˜•

I don't question logic, reality, gravity when I see, in an action movie, a hero (any hero) throwing a punch and 5-6 men doing perfect somersaults/flips whatever they are called. 

I just rue the fact that Indian Sports gymnastics selectors don't make the effort to groom such extraordinary talent in our country who can bring some medals or atleast finish in the bottom five in major sports events of the world.

So yeah...let us not really go there shall we...Otherwise, we will lose some amazing cinematic moments that we have loved. 

We would start questioning the intelligence of Simran who would still be willing to marry a guy and his family as in her Sasurji who have absolutely no problem with her risking her life, make her catch a running train and not have the intelligence or the money to pull the chain or pay for the fine respectively.πŸ€”πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

It is often the glamour side of stardom that is hyped in media. Fan brings you the harsher and ugly side of stardom - the hardwork that goes behind, having to put a STAR face even as your world is falling apart, taking lot of sh*t from people, the brickbats that people are so quick to throw at you. Kudos to SRK to have given a glimpse of the other side.

Aryan Khanna might be loved by millions, but is the guy really respected? We see the Indian embassy officials quick to dismiss him. So does the Police Commissioner, his own fans and people who are quick to desert him and disown him. The same people who are quick to dismiss him will probably have no qualms about getting a selfie clicked with him. A reality he very well knows and lives with it.

Call it sheer coincidence or sheer brilliance - You get a glimpse of what SRK went through during Dilwale. Accused of being anti national when he is not. People quick to boycott, judge him even though they have known him for years. Didn't same thing happen with Aryan when he is accused of molesting a girl, the wax museum incident where fans, people are quick to judge him,
boycott him, believe the worst in him even though they have known him long enough to have realized he would NOT do any such thing?

I have seen people wondering why is the star  chasing a  fan? 

So let us see what SRK achieved. He got his fans back with the movie, especially those who had longed to see the actor in him. The praise he is getting is proof of that. The brand equity of the actor that had taken a bit of beating in recent times has soared higher.

Red Chillies VFX definitely will gain immensely from the work they have done in Fan. Maybe not perfect, but they are going to be well recognized in the world of VFX.

There is a reason this guy is a smart businessman as well as an exceptional actor. He has pretty much ensured his empire is pretty stable and can stand on its own feet and he is getting back to doing what he is best at - ACTING. At-least the next few movies of his offer a variety which we have all been looking forward to.

11. Conclusion

We see most stars mouthing fans are everything, they made me blah blah...So did Aryan Khanna. Then he stops himself from saying those similar lines at the press conference realizing the hollowness of it. 

The last scene - where you see a subdued Aryan remembering Gaurav and feeling a lot more gratitude and respect towards his fans compared to the beginning of the movie where it was all probably smugly taken for granted. 

As for Gaurav, Aryan tried his best to explain to Gaurav - Stars are humans too. Live your own life and not someone else's. The star learnt his lesson, the fan ...?

Yeah, Too long I know.

who is this?😲
you too like gaurav I did😳
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I AM.πŸ˜†

*Some spoilers ahead*

Gaurav might not be an academic genius, he was not an idiot either. He was smart in a lot of ways. The guy felt wronged.😭

Maybe. I thought they were brilliantly executed.πŸ‘

6. Sid Kapoor

This movie in its own way addressed pretty much most of the controversies/rumors SRK has been rightly or wrongly part of. The point is if you want to look for hidden meanings, you will find them. If you don't want to - you won't.

Imagine a hero who shoots action scene 30 minutes back, a random guy is able to overpower him and gets him to do what he wants. Even if welfare of Sid Kapoor was the last thing on Aryan's mind, the fact is Sid Kapoor did not come forward and say anything either.

I have seen people wondering why is the star chasing a fan?

11. Conclusion

Yeah, Too long I know.

this is such a well worded analysis πŸ‘ πŸ‘