crusty thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Almost everyone is a movie reviewer now thanks to Social media. But there are some who you find have impeccable sense of picking a good movie. I acknowledge it's always subjective, that's why asking you to choose your Top 3? 

Mine: Khalid Mohammad, Rajeev Masand, Raja Sen. 

Next in the line almost close are Mayank Shekar and The Hindu paper reviewers(2/3 of them I think) and I don't know if Sahil Rizwan qualifies as one. 

And in the same vein, What's your favourite review of those critics? One memorable or insightful or funny review you've read? 

P.S: For those who don't go by reviews and prefer their own choice. Good for you. At the end of the day everyone does the same but it's good to read more perspectives when you are interested, those who feel that and read reviews are most welcome to give insights : ) 

P.P.S: Not made for fanwars or mocking. : )

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
At present, there is nobody whom I follow in particular. I mean I do read some reviews but none of them register in my mind as such. Sometimes the reviewers are either way too cynical or speak just on the surface. 

But till few months/years ago...

B Rangan..I used to enjoy his elaborate reviews, but off late I don't connect to him much, except for a couple of sentences or a paragraph here and there. But I have loved his earlier reviews on so many movies. 

A few years (almost 9-10) ago,  Khalid Mohamed was a sought after critic..so I used to read his reviews in HT by default. Masand's programme was quite popular..so I used to watch it too. But even then reading their reviews was more of a habit than anything else. Didn't take them very seriously but hoped that my favorites got good reviews. 😆 Other than that..nothing much.

P.S. I sound so boring. 😆 

crusty thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kaapi

At present, there is nobody whom I follow in particular. I mean I do read some reviews but none of them register in my mind as such. Sometimes the reviewers are either way too cynical or speak just on the surface. 

But till few months/years ago...

B Rangan..I used to enjoy his elaborate reviews, but off late I don't connect to him much, except for a couple of sentences or a paragraph here and there. But I have loved his earlier reviews on so many movies. 

A few years (almost 9-10) ago,  Khalid Mohamed was a sought after critic..so I used to read his reviews in HT by default. Masand's programme was quite popular..so I used to watch it too. But even then reading their reviews was more of a habit than anything else. Didn't take them very seriously but hoped that my favorites got good reviews. 😆 Other than that..nothing much.

P.S. I sound so boring. 😆 

@boring: Not at all, Kaapi. 

I forgot Rangan! He is quite good too. Even I've fallen out of habit reading him😲😆 What's the co-incidence? ðŸ˜†
This is the reason I was asking for everyone's fav... acknowledging the critics too as their stars to stars mean quite a lot to certain section of audience. 

Selfobsessed66 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Currently, its Raja Sen. But I also used to enjoy reading reviews of Mihir Fadnavis and Deepanjana Pal. Sadly they dont review films now
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: drummedup

@boring: Not at all, Kaapi. 

I forgot Rangan! He is quite good too. Even I've fallen out of habit reading him😲😆 What's the co-incidence? ðŸ˜†
This is the reason I was asking for everyone's fav... acknowledging the critics too as their stars to stars mean quite a lot to certain section of audience. 

I feel I'm pretty old school when it comes to reviews. Even now, the few reviews I bother about are mostly the newspaper ones.  There was this reviewer named Kusumita Das who used to write for Deccan chronicle and I used to like her reviews but then she doesn't write for that paper anymore. Right now, the guy who writes for HT is good too. The Hindu reviews are good. So the critics for these papers keep changing and I forget them eventually. Some star critics are an exception though. .someone else comes and takes their place and then I try to adjust to the new ones. The cycle continues. ðŸ˜†
Edited by Kaapi - 8 years ago
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
krk is the best critic he is honest in his reviews ..
be it fan or prdp he did nt shy away from blasting
n trashing them as flops...
raja sen is the emperor with no clothes..😆
he pretends to understand movies which actually has neither
merit nor appeal...
At this rate 
I myself, am the best critics for me. 
Originally posted by: JustMySelf

krk is the best critic he is honest in his reviews ..
be it fan or prdp he did nt shy away from blasting
n trashing them as flops...
raja sen is the emperor with no clothes..😆
he pretends to understand movies which actually has neither
merit nor appeal...

Sorry KRK is the same critic that gave Airlift - 2, TWMR - 2, Bahubali - 2. Gave Haider - 0, Barfi - 1 Lootera - 2 even ðŸ˜†

Those above amongst some great films of recent times
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunSaathiya

Sorry KRK is the same critic that gave Airlift - 2, TWMR - 2, Bahubali - 2. Gave Haider - 0, Barfi - 1 Lootera - 2 even ðŸ˜†

Those above amongst some great films of recent times

except bahubali n barfi i have nt watched any so no comments on them...
best is often described as the better one out of the many in a crowd
n by that definition amidst all the critics out there who seems to receive cash
shower false praises on actors/actress..krk seems far better so far..
bt then nothing is permanent in life..krk may soon take money n review as well...😆
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
None 
KRK reviews are not serious but at least he doesnt suck up to anyone