India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Choice or instability

Staart Goldie
Staart
Staart

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
In the previous time I mean whenever we see our parents and grandparents  they use to marry one person and used to remain married throughout there life's and during those time being in relationship before marriage was not that prevalent I mean if I talk in terms of india.there were more restrictions and I would say less choices.
Coming to our generation we have more choices less restrictions.but lasting marriages and relationship have become really less in our times.
If you really see even when our ancestors were not given that much freedom,there relationships were much more stronger.
So I want to know do you think our generation is in a better place because we don't have to be in unhappy marriage or relationship and we don't have to try much and make any compromises.or you think that we are in a worse state because our life is full of confusion and instability because finding stability in our generation has become rare.Shocked

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

_Nikki_JustMySelfBriyanikidaig

HitchHiker_ IF-Stunnerz
HitchHiker_
HitchHiker_

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Our generation wants everything easy. But people have to realise that there is no shortcut to happiness.

Every relationship needs nurturing. How many of us here find ourselves in conflict with our parents and siblings? I guess most of us would agree that we have disagreements with them. Yet we try to make things work out because they are our blood relations and we have lived our life with them and we love them.

Same holds true for marital relationships as well. We need to nurture it and try to make it work.

Having said that I know many people who are in abusive relationships or they do not get along together due to severe difference of opinion (have seen people change) or have friends with spouses who have anger issues. In such cases, it's in the best interest of everyone to separate. IMO

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

kingmessiStaart_Nikki_Vedika211NietzyblytonJustMySelfsbk2Serendipity..._Jyoti_.NestleToulouse

._Jyoti_. IF-Sizzlerz
._Jyoti_.
._Jyoti_.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Serotonin

Our generation wants everything easy. But people have to realise that there is no shortcut to happiness.

Every relationship needs nurturing. How many of us here find ourselves in conflict with our parents and siblings? I guess most of us would agree that we have disagreements with them. Yet we try to make things work out because they are our blood relations and we have lived our life with them and we love them.

Same holds true for marital relationships as well. We need to nurture it and try to make it work.

Having said that I know many people who are in abusive relationships or they do not get along together due to severe difference of opinion (have seen people change) or have friends with spouses who have anger issues. In such cases, it's in the best interest of everyone to separate. IMO

Words Clap
JustMySelf IF-Rockerz
JustMySelf
JustMySelf

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 3:56am | IP Logged
there are three things in life to pay heed to..

1.that life is reciprocative
if i am nt good n caring to others no one will be good n caring to me either.

2.i should dominate my ego n nt let ego dominate me..

3.do nt ever try preach those who can not be taught...

so in life be it parents relatives or spouse try the first two as long as possible..
bt if they do nt reciprocate the same towards u then let it go never preach hopeless
ppl n fool urself to believe that life will be better tomorrow ..there is no good in sweeping
the dust under the carpet..as the dust will only remain temporarily hidden from view bt it
never means that u have banished it from space...

n i feel today's gen are very materialistic ..ambitious ..n competes with friends relatives..
many dreams too much n beyond their capability..capacity..
when there is mismatch in expectations  n the reality love flies out of window n divorce lawyers
say hurray gt a new prey to feast on LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

StaartHakunaMatata.grounder-DZ-

ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Serotonin

you said it all
Briyanikidaig IF-Stunnerz
Briyanikidaig
Briyanikidaig

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Relationship is not easy thing. Its like a give and take and a lot of patience needed.the generation before us have give a lot not in there relationship but as a family and to there children. Where nowadays we always look for a short cut and easy way out.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Staart

Serendipity.. IF-Sizzlerz
Serendipity..
Serendipity..

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 4:29am | IP Logged
I think its the mindset. Every relationship needs people involved in it to give it their all. Doesn't work the easy way out like some members have pointed out. Sometimes i think things are taken for granted which leads to miscommunications and differences. And i also feel sometimes having too many expectations leads to disasters. Understanding each other is really important. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

StaartgrounderBriyanikidaig

Briyanikidaig IF-Stunnerz
Briyanikidaig
Briyanikidaig

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Also what my mom or grandma stated on those days divorce or separation was really a taboo or so bad thing as compared to today's era. They used to say since child hood k ab tumhari arti hi nikalne chahiye ya mast k niklo apne husband k ghar se.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Staart

Go to top