India-Forums

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Your Opinions on Mami's personality?

..TuMeraHero.. Senior Member
..TuMeraHero..
..TuMeraHero..

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
For me Mami is still greedy and selfish . Hardships are a part of life... People do want good life and nice future for their children but does that mean that they have to always fall for any opportunity that provides them with money ( Whether less or more)? Self respect doesnt matter? Tiwari Killa is somethinf which is very important for Nanu and maybe the other members definitly have a little bit attachment to it? I found it odd that she was explaining that Manju ye kardo Manju wo kardo.. but all we have seen is shes completely dependent on Suman for food , remember the episode when Nana ji forced Preeti , Maasi and Mami to clean the house? I dont get her complains regarding doing work. Even if she is doing work.. what is wrong in that? Doing some work or hardwork is bad? What is the definition of Rani for her ? Didnt she knew that the Tiwar family is not some kingdom before marriage -.- Regarding Dabu being a pilot or Preeti getting married.. There are many ways to do that.. many opportunities , JOBS that we call. Suman has a catering business , which is a small scale business... I am sure shes also not as rich as her Mama ji or Bablu.. but what she has achieved is on her own capabilities and hardwork..shes someone who accepted her fate and dealt with her hardship. And mami ? Why dont she ask Preeti to work? Shes a student as far as i remember but she can do a job right.. what about Bablu? He needs to realize that doing Jagrata is his passion but he needs to earn for his wife and for the house as well. Is that too hard ? Even Mami or Masi can do little jobs. If people dream big they have to face problems and earn it. People who belong to more less poor families then Tiwari family also marry their daughter with 'Dhoom Dhaam' and educate their children well... but on the grounds of unity with their family and with HARDWORK ..not by simply selling of your sole house to someone who was once corrupt to her and the other day is now a Massiha for her children? And he didnt even offer them the whole price for which they were lured in . If the selling off the house deal was done with Unity and all the members agreed to it , for their betterment in future ..it looked just fine but here? Two members of your fanily dont even know your decision ..dont they have ANY kind of right on the house? Doesnt Suman provide some money for the basic necessatities in the house? I am sure shes not hiding her income in her own pocket. Surprisingly they are not even being offered a good amount of money in return. Loads of people deal with hardships of life and come out stronf and undefeated ... I dont see Mami doing either of that. I still remember how she snatched the money out of Sumans hand without even asking her whether that money was for repaying her or not? Does that look like a mother who has faced hardships and doesnot like money and only want betterment for her child?  Remember the dialouge ? 'Yahi rehna hai ya Aish or aram ki zindagi guzarni hai'? Something along these lines...
I am sorry if anyone thinks i am wrong in my opinion .. Please share your opinion on her.. it would be nice to know how people interpret her personalit according to this situation. My opinion is just on her personality and not on why they shouldnt oblige to the deal because if they lost the case , they would face loss.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Cashiviraji_bpotterginnyTINAMONIMrDarcyfan

raji_b Senior Member
raji_b
raji_b

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
I totally agree with you. That argument just made me see her as more greedy, selfish person. If I'm not wrong, the house is still under Nanu's name. How can all these people sell Nanu's house. And isn't her one son in America, can he not help with His sister's marriage or his brother's education. And Suman is slowly paying off her debt to Mami and payed off money to Shravan means she's not doing badly for a small business. Mami is a mean and greedy person, end of story.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CashiviTINAMONIMrDarcyfan

spnfan IF-Rockerz
spnfan
spnfan

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
She is a very real character but a selfish one..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TINAMONIMrDarcyfan

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Mami is a realistic character for the situation and background she is from. Yes she is a selfish woman and only thinks of herself and her kids. She cares for nothing and no one else. She even insults her husband, and seems jealous of Nanu's love for Priya. It's like once the daughter in law comes into the house, the parents are supposed to forget their daughter or daughters and treat Bahu like Rani and kick their daughters out of the house! I do understand that Bahu has rights to her in law's home. But I never understood this attitude that I see on Indian shows that daughters are meant to leave their family behind and never look back. They then only belong to their in law's and their own family are nothing and no one.

So that is why Mami thinks that Priya and Rachana probably should not have any rights to anything. This is pathetic and backward thinking. Mr Tiwari had 3 children and he treated them equally. He didn't give everything to Sameer which is probably what Mami wanted. She is a selfish and greedy woman I agree. She can get financial help from her US son as well. If they are SO broke, how come they were going to US on holiday? Now acting like they can't get their daughter married or even give Dabbu an education? It's all a load of BS and she wants to get sympathy and play a victim. She is not a victim at all. She is living a middle class comfortable life. It's not like she is begging on the streets that she needs Khosla's money. I agree on principle that she may have had some issues in her married life and in law's house. But nothing of the sort SHE was portraying! Mami is an example of a parasitic Bahu who thinks SHE has all the rights once she comes to someone's home. 

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 17 April 2016 at 12:50am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

raji_bTINAMONI

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top