India-Forums

Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant
Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant

ShAjni - my main attraction to the show

vita93 Goldie
vita93
vita93

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Like what a lot have said in this forum, the comedy in this show was what pulled me in the first place. Some of the interaction are hilarious, such as Surili-Rajni
But I really have to say that Shajni is what keeps me hooked for every subsequent episode. This includes comedic, romantic and downright touching scenes.

Comedic: I think it is safe to say that this element is more of a trishakti that is not complete without Dev. While I thought he was a bumbling idiot at first, I've really come to love him more and more (especially in the blood donation episode!) The 3 of them can get into such amazingly hilarious situations - such as armless Rajni! And can I say that Dev should really consider cross-dressing more - first as Rajni's risthedaar and then as a nurse!!ROFLROFL He has a really adorable face that comes throughLOL

Romantic: This journey starts off from the first time he saw her in sari - and of course followed till the suhaag raatEmbarrassedEmbarrassed  It's quite evident that as time is passing Shaan is being less able to resist her charms ("tum robot ho!! Par itna hot ho...")ROFL 
I'm just looking forward to the day he...lets loose?LOLLOL I wonder how Rajni will react - maybe she'll give him a tight slap!
In that vein, one verry important question to ask: Rajni definitely understands romance, but does she understand pati-patni ka rishta? She was asking Shaan about it on their wedding nightLOLLOLLOL

Touching: 2 scenes stand out for me - first being the night Shaan threw Rajni out and then the scene recently when she asked about khafa.
I was extremely moved by the first scene, when Rajni deduced that Shaan threw her out because she was useless to him. While it was only a machine making that statement, we wonder how horrible it would be if she was a real person - to be kicked out of the house for not being of use. I think it was one of the first very real and very striking comments and scenes performed in this show and I was very impressed.
When Rajni told Shaan that he is always angry with her because she does things wrong, she hung her head for a while. I thought it was a very powerful gesture because as a robot, she could not possibly feel guilt or sadness about being useless to Shaan, yet hanging your head is a very specific and emotional response. I think it points to how well Rajni is beginning to understand certain human aspects. Also, Shaan felt so bad about it he had to console her - as if she was his real wife and not his robot.

Sorry for the ramble - blame Shajni for it!LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.navi.MelodiousDreams.FairyDust.flora212

.FairyDust. IF-Sizzlerz
.FairyDust.
.FairyDust.

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Lovely post, I absolutely Love shajni too!

A few friends of mine had suggested this show to me and I recently caught up with all the episodes and I Love them! The comedy element, how perfectly blended all the characters are, Karan as Shaan, Dev, Rajni and Then of course Shajni Embarrassed
For shaan she is his first priority and for Rajni, he is the one who was always with her since she opened her eyes. It's not romantic I know but it warms out hearts. 
I remember shaan hugging rajni in an episode and telling her that his mom is hell bent on finding him a suitable bride but he isn't interested in any woman, he is only interested in his Rajni. Well I know he didn't mean that romantically but I was flustered all the same LOLEmbarrassed. Of course he loves her a lot, but not the way we want him to, or at least not yet WinkLOL
And then there's another scene where surili is about to jump off the roof and rajni's battery is low, and Shaan puts her hand on his heart and asks her to feel his racing heart beats, to feel that he needs her right now and Viola she is activated! This again too is not romantic but I was amazed at this scene, it had a certain charm that made me go Day Dreaming

I absolutely adore all the scenes of Shajni, they're a delight. And Shaan is definitely going to fall in love with her soon and I think this is the dilemma the show's first promo spoke of. He has an amazing and 'perfect' wife but he's still in a fix, we'd all definitely wondered what the problem was and I feel this is the problem - he falls in love with her but she's a robot LOL

Also, Shajni's future intrigues me a lot. Rajni is definitely understanding human emotions better and is slowly getting tangled in them, but she is a robot in the end. Will they somehow turn her human or will we get a doppelganger of Rajni who shaan will fall in love with? But then again that wont be the same as loving Rajni Ermm. You see the possibilities are endless LOL

PS - You forgot to mention their very recent pillow scene where Shaan is trying to manao his robot wifey LOL, that was the cutest Day Dreaming

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.navi.MelodiousDreamsflora212

vita93 Goldie
vita93
vita93

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Thanks fairydust!

For shaan she is his first priority and for Rajni, he is the one who was always with her since she opened her eyes.
I completely agree with you! It was also mentioned in comedy when Dhyaan asked her how she knew how to play taash (Shaan's gift), and it cannot be mentioned how their lives are so co-dependent on one another: To shaan, she is his greatest achievement and for rajni, he is literally her creator. Both are heavily invested in one another's life and purpose and so

And then there's another scene where surili is about to jump off the roof and rajni's battery is low, and Shaan puts her hand on his heart and asks her to feel his racing heart beats, to feel that he needs her right now and Viola she is activated! This again too is not romantic but I was amazed at this scene, it had a certain charm that made me go Day Dreaming
Thank you so much for reminding me about it!! I think it is truly one of the most underrated scenes in the show because of what it was and what it represented. Most of the time, we have to watch some cheesy love scene where the guy puts the girl's hand on his heart and asks her if she can feel his heart beating for her or somethingErmmErmm

I think it was really smart how the CVs turned around an overused cliche into something very special. Shaan didn't do it out of romance, he did it out of sheer desperation and love for his mother. It was literally the only way to shock Rajni out of her sleep mode - at the cost of her own battery life. I liked that scene very very much tooEmbarrassedEmbarrassed 

I absolutely adore all the scenes of Shajni, they're a delight. And Shaan is definitely going to fall in love with her soon and I think this is the dilemma the show's first promo spoke of. He has an amazing and 'perfect' wife but he's still in a fix, we'd all definitely wondered what the problem was and I feel this is the problem - he falls in love with her but she's a robot LOL

Very true!! It might seem odd to some people but think about it - we attach great emotions to other non-humans such as pets. We raise them, feed them, take care of them and look out for them. To Shaan, isn't Rajni quite the same? The physical aspect of it might be hilarious but I think the emotional aspect could actually be quite gut-wrenching - for Shaan to know full well his Rajni cannot love him back the way he wants her to. Reminds me of this movie by Robbie Williams, where he starts off as a metal robot but slowly adopts human parts and human characteristics to be able to feel and love. I wonder if Rajni's logic may develop in the future such that she cares for him too

Also, Shajni's future intrigues me a lot. Rajni is definitely understanding human emotions better and is slowly getting tangled in them, but she is a robot in the end. Will they somehow turn her human or will we get a doppelganger of Rajni who shaan will fall in love with? But then again that wont be the same as loving Rajni Ermm. You see the possibilities are endless LOL

I really hope it's not the latter! It might still be the same actress but deep down we know that Shaan's attachment is to his robot!OuchOuch

PS - You forgot to mention their very recent pillow scene where Shaan is trying to manao his robot wifey LOL, that was the cutest Day Dreaming

Thanks for bringing that up again! I think the best part was Shaan really having so much fun with it - and how they resolved it with the mirrorLOLLOL I want more Shajni like this!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MelodiousDreams.FairyDust.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top