India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Open Letter for Ma- Due to Priyanka Chopra

JaaniDushman Goldie
JaaniDushman
JaaniDushman

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:11am | IP Logged
http://www.thequint.com/women/2016/04/16/ma-if-priyanka-chopra-doesnt-get-an-earful-about-being-33-and-single-why-do-i

DEAR Ma, Priyanka Chopra is the reason why I'm writing this letter

Dear Ma,
You might wonder as you read along why I decided to write you this letter. Priyanka Chopra is partly to blame...or thank, as I see it. After winning the Padma Shri honour recently, she said something that stayed with me, "Shri is better than Shrimati". And just like that, so very easily, she made being single' sound not so damn bad.
Even though I finally got lucky' at 30, it's hard to forget the years that led up to it.
Don't roll your eyes just yet ma. I know that log kya kahenge bothered you. I also know that I'm no Priyanka Chopra. But my looks and accomplishments, for whatever they're worth, mean the world to me...and that's enough quite frankly.
Though you'd never discouraged me from having a mind of my own or from striving for the best in my professional and personal life, somehow the pressure of finding a suitable match, had managed to become your greatest, unspoken agenda. One that was bigger than my superhero dreams and aspirations.
I wonder if Priyanka Chopra gets an earful from her mother about not being married at 33. I find myself surrounded by women, who are somewhere in the dreaded 25-35 age bracket, whose parents can't stop stressing about their beti ki shaadi. But all this worrying is nothing but a sad waste.
I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful brat ma, but it does irk me now that you didn't help me find my dream job with equal gusto. And that you let me make my own decisions, about going to university and choosing the friends that I have. Why did I grow up hearing just follow your heart'? And when you trusted me with so much, why did you lose faith in my ability to find myself the right partner in crime?
I don't deny for a second that having a companion for life is no less of a priority. But let me assure you, you taught me how to love and you taught me well. I wouldn't have let it go to waste in a silly hurry.
You're right, maybe I'll understand your worrying' only when I have a daughter of my own. And I'll want the best for her, just like you want for me. I too will try to protect her from her own ideas. But I will let her love in her own time.
Believe it or not ma, there's no clock, and neither is there a time bomb ticking away. Both Priyanka Chopra and I will make it through life, love and heartache. I just feel sorry for yours.

"I want to get married but no one can claim me until someone really claims me. When a guy comes into my life, it will not be for diamonds. A guy will be in my life only when I am in love. I don't need a guy for anything else except for children."
- Priyanka Chopra, Actress.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

marium.mariumNietzyGauahargeous_N

rimi2983 IF-Dazzler
rimi2983
rimi2983

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
I refuse to take Priyanka Chopra as my female idol .

She is notorious for being in relationship with married men ( yes it was more fault of the men...but still, she has a part to play)Thumbs Down

"Shri is better than Shrimati" - Sounds like sour grapes to me

"I want to get married but no one can claim me until someone really claims me. When a guy comes into my life, it will not be for diamonds. A guy will be in my life only when I am in love. I don't need a guy for anything else except for children." -
This is wrong at so many levelsWacko
Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
"I want to get married but no one can claim me until someone really claims me. When a guy comes into my life, it will not be for diamonds. A guy will be in my life only when I am in love. I don't need a guy for anything else except for children."

^^ If you dont need a guy for a diamond or anything else wanting him jusy for kids is just wrong.
I love independent women and I'm such myself but finding a partner just for kids is just not right.
Being with someone doesn't mean you are dependent on them, there are a lot other stuff people share in a relationship.

That been said i agree with everything else, parents shld just stop worrying about a girl when she's a certain age.
That's wrong for so many reasons.
If a man can get married at any age so can women there's no such thing as women aren't desirable once they reach their late 20s or early 30s.

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
I wish people would stop putting so much emphasis on marriage...there is nothing great in being married...there is nothing great in being single...both suck...the grass is always greener on the other side..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

NietzyEnycedollZadayKiDaigMistyyBeautyful_Mess

Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beautyful_Mess

^^ If you dont need a guy for a diamond or anything else wanting him jusy for kids is just wrong.
I love independent women and I'm such myself but finding a partner just for kids is just not right.
Being with someone doesn't mean you are dependent on them, there are a lot other stuff people share in a relationship.

That been said i agree with everything else, parents shld just stop worrying about a girl when she's a certain age.
If a man can get married at any age so can women there's no such thing as women aren't desirable once they reach their late 20s or early 30s.

Priyanka clarified she didn't say that children part. She was misquoted! All she said was that she doesn't need men for material things
Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
I LOVE when Priyanka said Padma Shri is better than Shrimati! Society puts too much pressure on girls for marriage and stuff... It'll happen when it's meant to happen. There's a lot more to life!

Nice open letter!
JaaniDushman Goldie
JaaniDushman
JaaniDushman

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rimi2983

I refuse to take Priyanka Chopra as my female idol .

She is notorious for being in relationship with married men ( yes it was more fault of the men...but still, she has a part to play)Thumbs Down

"Shri is better than Shrimati" -<font color="#FF0000"> Sounds like sour grapes to me</font>

"I want to get married but no one can claim me until someone really
claims me. When a guy comes into my life, it will not be for diamonds. A
guy will be in my life only when I am in love. I don't need a guy for
anything else except for children." -
<font color="#FF0000">This is wrong at so many levels</font>Wacko

People don't take her as a female idol because she has had affairs with married men! Nobody IMO takes a person to be an idol for their personal lives cause personal lives everyone has a different one! She has been an idol for many girls for the insane amount of drive she has for her work and how she is breaking steorytypes about women!

For the sour grapes part, exactly why the above part was written! Just because she has not got married she is sour grapes! LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ZadayKiDaigGauahargeous_N

JaaniDushman Goldie
JaaniDushman
JaaniDushman

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beautyful_Mess

Hey! I think what we are missing is the context, she meant she'll not get married for materialistic things, the only solid thing she'll need from him will be children LOL And I say this because she has clearly written the guy will be in her life only when she is love, so of course love would also be a reason she would get married!

I think it's more about the biological clock that people keep talking about! Hence they want the kids to get married, it would take a real change to get people to actually accept this 'women can get married late' trend coming in! Because till the society changes, the parents are not going to change!!

Go to top