India-Forums

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Parents and children are not perfect; Suman's don't need to be either

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:17am | IP Logged
There was an episode of Dawson's Creek, where Joey's father, who has been absent and in and out of prison for drug trafficking, comes back. He is free and has turned away from crime. Joey is happy, and finally she can have her father along with her sister and her sister's family.
Dawson, Joey's on-off childhood love interest/sweetheart, finds out her father is indeed selling drugs. He is torn on what to do, from telling Joey to turning the father in, to ignoring it.

Dawson turns Joey's father in. Joey sees her father arrested and taken away and sees proof that her father indeed had been selling drugs again. She is disappointed and heartbroken.

Episode ends with Joey telling Dawson--despite knowing and acknowledging that Dawson did the right thing--that she will never forgive him for this and she can never go back to the same relationship with Dawson as before. 

Eventually, Joey does forgive Dawson and doesn't hold it against him.

Why do I bring it up? 

1)Because of the spoiler (accurate or inaccurate) regarding Shravan's case where he puts the blame on Suman's mother. If he does it, it is a very good arc actually. If he backs away from it, it is not because he wouldn't be right in doing it, but rather because he cares more for how Suman would feel about it and puts his clients' feelings over his legally correct argument.

2)Because it is not necessary for Suman's mother to be shown as someone who is being mis-characterized by Mami completely. It is not necessary that just because Nana and Suman believe that not to be true and have faith in his daughter and her mother, that their blinders have to be the accurate interpretation.

It is not necessary to absolve Suman's parents completely and make this some kind of convoluted 'real story behind what happened' where they come off as victims unfairly maimed by Mami.

XOXO

Edited by KhatamKahani - 16 April 2016 at 10:40am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

lovetwilightCashivipotterginnyniara12_AmyChoco_.bohemian.indraniguptaOmaRamdassMrsOmkaraOberoi-AvadaKedavra-_IHeartFriendz_BinKuchKahe.-Swetha-

MrsOmkaraOberoi IF-Rockerz
MrsOmkaraOberoi
MrsOmkaraOberoi

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Cool post, the week also got be thinking about their story and where they fit in. 
I feel like perhaps Suman's father did have a shady background, Suman's mother was perhaps trapped in an unfortunate marriage, something along that equation. The writers throw in so many plot twists, I really don't know what to expect. But as of now, I feel that, neither one story/percetion (Mami vs Nanu/Suman) is completely correct.

Also, I just want to take a moment to really appreciate how realistic Suman's been shown to be in terms of her affection for her parents, in a lot of other shows I've seen the girl (or the guy) completely hate/shut out their parents because of some reason or the other, and I like how the showed that for Suman, although she (I felt) knows somewhere that there was something shady about her father specifically, she still couldn't help herself from stopping Nanu when he was all "And what did I do for my daughter in return? I got her married to a guy like Navin."

I'm not saying she should blindly support them, but her inability to completely hate them (and how she's stuck to the happier memories of her childhood) is quite realistic & believable. Because I'm sure all her memories weren't happy, but she chose to remember her parents by the more pleasant ones.

-Kri

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

lovetwilightCashiviGallant.bohemian.indraniguptaEchoesofpassionspnfan_IHeartFriendz_Mallika-E-BhaisKhatamKahani-Swetha-

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:35am | IP Logged
^^ Yes. It is realistic. And to be clear, I am not against Suman's attachment and beliefs. If that wasn't clear. It is perfectly normal and realistic and she is perfectly right to want to believe the best of her mother and father, and even right to not want to put blame on her mother.
However, just as her stance is justified, I don't think it means others are wrong either. And it shouldn't have to be that it is proven that Nana and Suman are right about 'faith' in her mother, and Mami is all wrong and lying or whatever, or that it was all some misunderstanding.

As Suman learns and finds more, she can come to an understanding and acceptance while still loving her parents and believing the best of them even while acknowledging there were some mistakes.

And yeah, reality is different than people's takes on it. Which is why I said Mami's characterization doesn't have to be completely wrong, or that her parents should be absolved completely.  

Reality is that Mami may exaggerate but there is some truth to it and maybe some misconceptions. But I feel same way, it is disingenuous and just so lazy to have it that Suman and Nana's 'belief and faith' be completely accurate.

Edited by KhatamKahani - 16 April 2016 at 10:39am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Gallantpotterginnyniara12_IHeartFriendz_Mallika-E-Bhais-Swetha-

BinKuchKahe. IF-Sizzlerz
BinKuchKahe.
BinKuchKahe.

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:44am | IP Logged

Great post. Glad to see you here again!
I've always felt that Khosla might actually be telling the truth & that Priya might have signed those papers. That would be a great plot twist IMO. In light of the amount of debts Suman's parents took on, it makes perfect sense for Priya to have signed those papers. 
I would love that to happen. It would be refreshing to see Suman & Nanu still loving Priya regardless of what she did, & for Mami not to be painted as that outright villain who was wrong about Priya. Because regardless of what Priya did & Suman/Mami's opposing viewpoints today, none of them are right or wrong. They are all justified in feeling & acting the way they did/do.

Edited by prc_fan1 - 16 April 2016 at 10:48am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

niara12.bohemian._IHeartFriendz_KhatamKahani-Swetha-

MrsOmkaraOberoi IF-Rockerz
MrsOmkaraOberoi
MrsOmkaraOberoi

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhatamKahani

^^ Yes. It is realistic. And to be clear, I am not against Suman's attachment and beliefs. If that wasn't clear. It is perfectly normal and realistic and she is perfectly right to want to believe the best of her mother and father, and even right to not want to put blame on her mother.
However, just as her stance is justified, I don't think it means others are wrong either. And it shouldn't have to be that it is proven that Nana and Suman are right about 'faith' in her mother, and Mami is all wrong and lying or whatever, or that it was all some misunderstanding.

As Suman learns and finds more, she can come to an understanding and acceptance while still loving her parents and believing the best of them even while acknowledging there were some mistakes.

And yeah, reality is different than people's takes on it. Which is why I said Mami's characterization doesn't have to be completely wrong, or that her parents should be absolved completely.  

Reality is that Mami may exaggerate but there is some truth to it and maybe some misconceptions. But I feel same way, it is disingenuous and just so lazy to have it that Suman and Nana's 'belief and faith' be completely accurate.

Yeah don't worry I got what you meant, I just personally wanted to discuss the way Suman feels for her parents and was too lazy to make a post on it so just decided to add it here.

As for who's right, like I said before, I personally don't think either story's completely correct. Interested to see what happens, and not gonna waste my time in speculation because these writers have a habit of throwing curveballs from directions we can't begin to imagine. In a good way though.

So yeah, wait & watch is pretty much how i'm going about this personally.

As far as if they show Nanu & Suman's faith to be completely accurate, I would like to think they aren't going to do that (and anyways Nanu wasn't hesitant at all to denounce Navin). But if they do show Priya in a positive light, I think her story is going to more along the lines of victimized wife or something. But again, I'm indulging myself in speculation, and there's probably no point in doing so.

-Kri

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

niara12_IHeartFriendz_KhatamKahani-Swetha-

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:56am | IP Logged
^^ No worries, you can use my post to discuss. I have no issues. I am not able to because I just made a quick post and am leaving. LOL.
But I have no issues with it being discussed by you and others in this topic. XD

@prc_fan1, ditto. Good to be back here too. XD For this short time. :) Will pop in again in a few weeks. LOL.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

niara12-Swetha-

Meg12 Newbie
Meg12
Meg12

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Bang on post Clap
Big love to everything you say

I was thinking partially in those direction

As per Nanu, her daughter was most sensible, matured and best amongst all, wisely took decision against her heart so why effing has taken so much loan and supported her husband in easy rich making scheme. Wherein all money has drained... Other family members viewpoint doesn't count much to me

Yet to know about Sumans father financial dealing and why their house is kept as it is even after going through auctions.

Till date parents past has been shady but CV has kept lot many doors open as where they want to take up the story... Such a beautifully woven storyline to get me hooked and get drained out of curiosity

Thanks Megana!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

niara12KhatamKahani-Swetha-

hagen Senior Member
hagen
hagen

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Sumo needs to let go of her past If she is so stuck up in the past she can't live in her present .She has her own life . I know her parents are equally important to her but that doesn't mean her whole life she would be fighting to prove her parents were innocent .When she believes her parents are innocent she doesn't have to prove it to anyone.She can make her parents proud even by being independent , successful in her catering business . I feel its high time she has the same feeling that shravan has for her .Shravan is her present and future If she is stuck up in her past so much then she will lose her futureDead

Edited by hagen - 16 April 2016 at 11:00am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani-Swetha-

Go to top