Siya Ke Ram
Siya Ke Ram

Spirituality (Page 2)

sumedha93 Senior Member
sumedha93
sumedha93

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankita.11

I am neither an enlightened soul nor have I read Job's biography or watched the film,so won't go much into depth...
But all I know about him is that he came to India when he was going through a low phase in his career and later suggested Zuckerberg as well.Both found success in their career after their visit.(correct me if i'm wrong)
The question is,'was he really an enlightened soul??'Whenever I think of a spiritually enlightened person,images of Buddha,Mahavira,Vivekananda come to my mind.Enlightment is the last phase...it's the state of bliss and that requires years and years of penance...
Maybe he was spiritually aware,he had the knowledge and that's why as you say he remained aloof,he practised the concept of detachment,he stayed in a smaller house,had great concentration leading to his phenomenal success.
You mentioned that he was cruel,I think it's relative...for someone he might be cruel to others he might not...
And you mentioned that emotional stability is the ingredient of spirituality..I be to differ from u,I feel it's the end result,the final product of spirituality.

Actually by what I read he came to India when he was still in college. He stayed here for almost eight months but couldn't find the guru he was searching for. He laid foundation of Apple much later so I'll conclude that it is a common myth (to suit the ego of the people) that he came in and India when he was going through a low phase in career. That low phase of career came later. 
Yes he slept on mat and his home was barely furnished because he was perfectionist and findi furniture for his home was no small feat. But otherwise yes, as compared to other CEOs he lived in a relatively smaller house.

No he was actually cruel at times, it is not relative word here. Many people have mentioned this about him. And there is a difference between being detached and being outright cold and hurting people around you. 

I didn't mention it as a fact, I'm rather asking, is emotional instability an attribute of spirituality? Since u said u think it is the final product I'll like to hear your view regarding the same. 

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
@Sumedha I don't know much about Steve Jobs. Don't know even after being in IT industry for so long I never felt an inclination towards Apple. Believe me I was never attracted to it. And though I have read APJ's book, Subrato Bagchi's book on Professional, Jack Welsh book I have never tried to understand Steve jobs. Don't know why. But I am like this. Sometimes I am unable to connect to people whom other say are famous, knowledgable etc. It is not just about spirituality, it is about any knowledge for that matter.
I am not sure whether emotionally detached is being spiritual. For me being spiritual is able to feel the surroundings. Able to understand surroundings. Able to have empathy. Not sympathy. And since you said Jobs is cold detached that maybe the reason I was unable to connect to him. Because I cannot connect with people who cannot feel. I don't know if you have observed the eyes of Steve Jobs. I have always found people who are spiritually inclined they have a calmness in their eyes. A kind of emotion that give positive energy. It need not be a guru or something who gives you that feeling, but even the kind auto rickshaw driver that smiles and give you a ride when you are stranded also is spiritual.

For me being spiritual meaning being empathetic. Understanding situation and taking action without being partial. If a punishment has to be given for a larger good, and if you are in a position to give it, give the punishment also. In Star MB there is a dialogue Krishna says " To some punishment is the mercy".

Spirituality also helps you to understand when you have to use, Saam, Daan, bhedh, dand in relations. It helps you to manage relations right way. It is not detachment for me. But it is to me attached in a detached manner

If you look at both Ram and Krishna you can see this attached in a detached manner beautifully.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12Justlikethat1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Siya Ke Ram Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index