Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago
For whatever reason he rejected the movie for
One thing I will give him, he's anything but narrow minded...he's open minded person from what I saw of him. 
Arshi1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Saif in Kapoor & Sons would be so random. The role was perfect for Fawad.
divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I liked the representation of the gay character in the movie. It wasn't over the top. The movie didn't revolve around the homosexual angle. This is what I liked. Why does every movie with gay characters need to focus solely on the homosexual angle? I like the laid back approach in this movie. They showed that a gay person is a normal human being and does not come with a "gay stamp" per say. 
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

From what he said it seems Saif declined because of having to share screen space with so many characters and probably because KJo's students would be around. 

Yup. Plus he is brave to admit that he rejected it based on script as he thought it would not be suitable for him at that point of time.. which is fair. 

Personally I feel that one never knows how things would have worked out if the actors were different. The result may or may not have been the same. 

Happy that Fawad got to do this opportunity, he saw it and enjoying the fruits of it now ðŸ˜Š
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Brilliant-

What does he mean that the character was not properly represented? It was the most dignified representation such a character could get. It was sensitive, normal and not effeminate.

Ofcourse he made a terrible mistake by not choosing this movie. 

But I am happy Fawad did it, so it doesnt matter. 

Maybe he wanted more deliberation on the gay angle... The way it was presented now was subtle. 

But now, I cannot see anyone else but Fawad doing justice to this character. shakun batra also said on hindsight if he had to wait for 1 year for Fawad for this movie he would have done so 
Edited by Serotonin - 8 years ago