Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Software Symphony 65 "Playthings" (Page 73)

..sush.. IF-Sizzlerz
..sush..
..sush..

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
The last two lines were just too good

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Can someone PLEASE explain to me HOW a cast iron tava/skillet at Sur la Table cost $169?
Thats like TEN THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED RUPEES

At the risk of offending my posh readers I have to say "What a boat load of bull ka ka"
You call any thing "French" and it instantly becomes a artifact?
In Delhi there are these blacksmith colonies (almost like homeless living in tents) that sell a perfect tava for Rs.50 or Rs.100

I wandered around a posh market place after we watched Finding Dory this afternoon (not as good as the original BTW) and went in with a Brit lady friend and found the price to be $169
That was the smallest cast iron item I looked at, I didnt look at the soup pot, must be $800 I bet

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Bindi35tiachhKM03kalavathi5shidin0117

kalavathi5 Senior Member
kalavathi5
kalavathi5

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
ha ha...Nisha.  I cannot even look on those websites for fear of sticker shock!!!
The best cast iron is lodge-somewhere between 10-20$.  If you have the cash to spend-you can get carbon steel--great for dosas!  Our tava from chennai didn't work to my mother's satisfaction, so I had to go out and find the perfect one!  LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shidin0117

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Kala
I do all my "sourcing" from Delhi, buy tavas in fact my Appa will ask the craftspeople to custom make a giant flat lohe ka tava, (I LOVE to make giant paper thin dosas) and he packs it at the bottom of my suitcase after oiling and leaving it in the balcony for days, will wrap it in a stack of newspapers and old veshtis (he has a Ph D in packing)

All I have to do when I get here is rinse with soap and let the maav sizzle on it

My Amma transitioned to "non stick" like 7 years ago, we told her its toxic and dangerous and got her to stop using it
She felt really bad because her first non stick was a gift from my Athai's daughter (who bought her that after staying in my parents place for a vacation)

It took a while to convince her to get rid of it

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5shidin0117

kalavathi5 Senior Member
kalavathi5
kalavathi5

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
I guess I have to go to Delhi next time to get the right tava!  We have thrown out most of the nonstick and even plastic is on its way out.  What next I wonder...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shidin0117

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Kala

Thats my major gripe against the "West"
They got rid off all the pesticides in their food supply, they are slowly getting rid of non stick, BPA, plastic and chemicals in every food source and embracing "Organic"

In fact I bet you the spouses of the execs at Du Pont and ADM and Calphalon and Kraft and General Mills and Kroger  shop ONLY Organic food in America & Europe

While their significant other burn midnight oil at the office trying to come up with ways in which they can poison millions in third world countries  by dumping their dangerous products so the companies can post a larger profit in the next Qtr

This is the price we pay for "opening up" our economy
Trump is right we shud go back to the old times.
Our crops are toxic, the soil has forever been poisoned

The Western countries have a self righteous attitude of believing whatever THEY do must be welcomed and worshiped

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5shidin0117

taramira Goldie
taramira
taramira

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Arey Nisha, main to kab Se inhe samjhaane  ki koshish kar rahi hoon ki recycling ka concept inhone humse hi seekha hai. Sadiyon se hum raddi Bechte aa rahe hain, purane kapdo ke badle bartan khreedte hain aur pattal mein khaana khaane ki  pratha humaare desh se hi shuru hui hai, but the sad part is that we never valued what was ours, instead we're so Magan in copying the west ki jo Apna tha wo bhi bech baithe. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Bindi35KM03kalavathi5shidin0117Nisha0604

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Slow & Fast

Mahavir came up to the lounge, from the grand formal living room, found the couple in an embrace and turned and walked away

She soaked his shirt as she imagined Appa walking out of DII for the very last time
She cried more when imagined his daily routine in the empty DII
How he sat cross legged wearing only a veshti, and the vibhuti smeared like three finger lengths on his arms and forehead as he chanted
Amma chatting too loudly with Selvi in the kitchen and II shouting the geyser water is not hot enough
Amma asking her NOt to wash her hair and II washing it so she will have an excuses to let her long tresses dry in silky curls

"Is everything OK?" he whispered in her ear, rubbing his stubbly face on her ear

She tried to stop and couldnt, she let it all out and finally lifted her head

"Why? I can only get a hug when I am not OK or what?" she accused

He just bend down and grabbe dher lips

That familiar feeling of constellations colliding, bright lights swirled in symphony

His tongue licking her lips mindlessly

She opened her mouth eventually

And let him in

He groaned and took

Nivi wore her lil pink pail on her head and stumbled as she tried to walk

He paused kissing her to look at her amused

His daughter sat with a bucket on her head shouting loudly amplified by the bucket

II turned and smiled first

"Not the sharpest tool in the shed" she said

"shes 10 months old" he said defensively

She sighed and leaned on him

"appa missed her a lot" she said

He nodded

He led her to the swing and they sat down, Nivi finally figuring out how to get it out, she smiled at them joyously
"See I can do this thing on my own" she shrieked... delighted

He held II close

"What happened?"

She felt that famous ache in her throat

"Umm... Appa is leaving DII" she said her lower lip shaking like a leaf

He nodded

"It sucks... SUCKS BUTT" she said like Shravu

He threw his head back and laughed

I wnat everything to be the same" "I told him I will go to Rohini everyday but I dont want to" she cried

He was somber

"I HATE that apartment, I hate the neighborhood, I hate everything about the commute to Rohini, its not the same" she said

He exhaled

"First world problems?" she asked him tearfully when he didnt respond

"maybe u are right, they had no place to go 6 months ago, they were considering Tanjore... its a nice new house..." "But the fact that Appa wont be working hurts me a lot" she choked
"I want now until the day they move to go verrry slowly... I want it to freeze

He gently held her face and wiped her tears

Nivi overturned the bucket and al the squeezie water toys rained on her head, a star fish sat on top

She reached a few times to get it and couldnt she sucked on the bucket handle

"I cant seem to get over the fact that I cannot get into my car and get there in 10 mins" "I will miss Vetri, I will miss the presswala kid..." "JUST ABT EVERYTHING" she sobbed

"II" he cooed

"No wonder you cant move from Paris" she said all of a sudden

They froze staring at each other

"Why cant everything be the same?" "Always?"

"can they rent one of those?" he asked sincerely

"NO... they are so backlogged, 7, SEVENNN people are in line already for MY house" she said bitterly

He half smiled

Nivi walked up

"Hey cmon u guys the circus show is over, can I get a lil attention here?"
He bend down and picked her up

"Hold ME again" II said leaning

"Are u competing with a 10 month old?" he asked softly

"I HAVE to... I am like invisible for you" she said

He wrapped his arm around his woman, and held his baby close to his heart

She reached with her fat fist and touched II's nose ring
II closed her eyes and savored the feeling

"I also worry if one of them gets sick how fast can I go there" she whispered

He squeezed her arm tight...

For he had been there himself

For DEL-HKG was the longest flight known to mankind that night 6 years ago,
 This January he was unable to head home on the day she had passed which had been the day after Pongal, but he had flown down from Bangkok (after meeting with Sukrit)for a day on barsi day though for a few hours and had returned to Paris...two weeks ago

The following 45 member(s) liked the above post:

suratanukutty82priya_vinodhsona27Bindi35hemabshrujoyAastha26nerdjojorr66neha.bpadminimanjuddda2006Avidreader1997tiachhShvetaSankarmayamaya9sangeethbalaJinveraalka2001Arya1991kalavathi5Veena007misavelon789VeeIyerKM03s2397sarsyedCookiegishitaruhicharlie1950chandu1234taramiramodernfamilymoonwearershidin0117sonalgupta2004ishruhiavni_19..sush..gargpoojyothi_coolSri1091sree1809MysticRiver

Go to top