Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Software Symphony 65 "Playthings" (Page 55)

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 12 June 2016 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Sudhi
Unbelievable!! But I bet its all true
Low self esteem, insecurity, poor judgement, people seem to be drowning in these emotions
If people have younger kids, like a couple that was there last night did, they used the opportunity to brag about a friend with older kids... how both son and daughter of the older friend got into Med School with ann MCAT score of 100%th percentile

The Kashmiri family that lived in my sub (the MIL I brought home to my house after chemo, passed away in December)
I saw the son yesterday, he made it a point to tell me how "horrible" our employer is doing (we work for the same company)
He has bought his second $500k house in Texas after renting the one in my sub
He is almost 60, he is a few levels higher than me in the org chart
He was complaining how "hard" it is to get managerial roles in Texas
First world problems I tell u

But reminded me that we may all lose our jobs

I told him "If you feared our company wud shut down why did you buy another $500k house?"
"Or do u just want ME to live in fear is that why u are being so negative?"

Another girl was complaining how she scrubbed her toilet all day and called herself "Lata Bai" like a maid to crack herself up
And then in the same breath proceeded to tell everyone she is off to Europe with her hubby and kids for 3.5 weeks 
6 countries...
I am thinking, "u choose to feel your family's poop with your hand, its not like u cant afford a cleaning lady, if u want to show off abt a vacy 
then do it."
Another ultra irritating thing is how these women in their 40s act like they are very sanskari
FALLING over each other to suck up to suck up to random visiting parents

"Aapke liye juice laaoon"
"Aapko aur apetizer laaoon?"
"Aapko napkin doon?"
As if doing that will make the oldies immediately disown their own child or son in law and adopt these women

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

tiachhTuc_Mobkalavathi5modernfamilysonalgupta2004ishruhiavni_19MysticRiver

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 12 June 2016 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Asma

Trust O to spill these gems

I have to go to another lunch today (my social life teeters on zero mostly last month or so its hovering on 100%)

"No matter what people project they dont have it all"

So so true!!

I tend to take people on face value. I dont dig or think too deep. If u brag, I will go home thinking you must have it all
O's statement is a great lesson

I am going to repeat it to myself before every party

Pulls the shiny wrap off the faces...

In general in my 21 years here I have found my friendships with Americans have been more meaningful and real in general
Maybe because I am their "Indian" friend and they can be real with me?
Maybe amonngst themselves they all have their catfights?
But I notice when I go to a all white gathering I dont stew when I return home.
Indians uniquely are masters are selling themselves
And the world thinks we have poor marketing skills

Whoever said that needs to attend immigrant parties in North America, they wud see how fake and phony we all are

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

tiachhTuc_Mobkalavathi5ananyagupthamodernfamilysonalgupta2004ishruhiavni_19MysticRiver

SAKIVIAM IF-Rockerz
SAKIVIAM
SAKIVIAM

Posted: 12 June 2016 at 9:24am | IP Logged
You have 1000 wine bottles, one of which is poisoned. You want to determine which bottle is poisoned by feeding the wines to the rats. The poisoned wine takes one hour to work. How many rats are necessary to find the poisoned bottle in one hour?

I reduced it to 27 but is it still possible to less

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tuc_Mob

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 12 June 2016 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Exploiting other's weakness

"U dont even trust him to SHARE IT WITH HIM first?" she shouted

Ranjan sighed and groaned as he reached the first floor...

Yep... happiness was elusive... he thought hearing his young DIL passionately stick her neck out for him

"Only to have him list all the virtues of Chachu?" he barked back

"So you instead go behind his back and fire his son, and dont even tell Dad about it?" she accused

Nivi slept peacefully... he reached she refused to hand him the baby
getting up, wobbly..
"Its a self apointed role of thinking u guys are the best" II let her angst about Sam's caregiving slip

"What the hell is that supposed to mean

"Nothing" II mumbled

He chased her into the master bedroom

II tidied the room after settling her daughter down for the night

"I know u can be more direct than THAT" he scoffed

She turned and glared

"Mere haath se khaati nahi, she doesnt like me when I go get her... its like she is not even mine any more" II accused

"Itna direct kaafi hai ya aur direct hona padega?" she asked

He looked baffled

"Whattt?"

"Occasionally chalta hai, BUT ROZ waha kyon rehti hai Nivi?" "THATS why I said u and your sister think you "know the best"

Oh! Boy! she had invoked the famous "You and ur sister" clause

"Umm... she is trying to help out... if u werent so pissy u cud notice" he said sarcastically

"Like YOU were trying to help out Dad by firing Trehaan"

"U are right I shud have watched him misappropriate company money and looked the other way" he scoffed

"You HAVE BEEN havent you... all this while... uncaring and indifferent... aaj suddenly waha jaake usko fire kyon kiya" she scoffed back

"U have no f**king clue why I gave up my stake" he hissed angrily

"Oh I have MORE than a f**king clue" she hissed back
They glared at each other, exhaling steam...

"If u do... then back off" he warned

"I WONT... do u even know what Dad will say to Chachu when he sees him tomorrow?"

"I saved $118k would be a good start" he mocked

II stared dumbfounded
The nagging feeling that R&B was trying to help Ranjan chewed her on the inside. It was a good thing
But the fact that Ranjan was more compassionate to Harish and kids at this moment made it complicated

"Telling your Dad u care for him will be more straighforward wont it?" she asked reasonably, wiping tears

"I am not sure I want to do that" he said not meeting her gaze

She sighed and leaned on the wall

He approached.. as she shrunk

"If u dont want Nivi to go to Sam's I want u to pick up the phone and tell her "I wont send Nivi any more" he taunted silkily

They led a perfect life on the outside
But they were completely different people behind closed doors

He frequently challenged her claims of being straightforward, just as she frequently ridiculed his inability to express himself

Ranjan sat in bed with an open book in his lap

Unable to concentrate or relax...

"

The following 41 member(s) liked the above post:

Bindi35suratanukutty82priya_vinodhsona27hemabshrujoyAastha26nerdjojorr66neha.bpadminimanjuShipra30tiachhShvetaSankarmayamaya9sangeethbalaVeena007misavelon789KM03Tuc_MobNeha07kalavathi5ashni0905chandu1234taramiramodernfamilycharlie1950Cookiegishitaruhisarsyedsonalgupta2004moonwearershidin0117avni_19ishruhigargpooSri1091dsgirlsree1809MysticRiver

taramira Goldie
taramira
taramira

Posted: 12 June 2016 at 11:46am | IP Logged
The complicated world of Bhallas. The. Emotional web they all are entangled in. Although RB has given up his stake in the company II and Ranjan need to view this gesture as a huge step in Rb expressing care for the company and his vulnerable dad. And just as II is sticking up for Ranjan, it's time Ranjan for ONCE stick up for his SON. He needs to tell the lout gang that his son has worked in the best interests of the company. ulte tareeke se hi Sahi, but this is indeed a slap on the face of harish and his sons. And I completely applaud RB for it. INTENTION DEKHO RANJAN, TAREEKA NAHI. 
And II and Sam, I completely get II's possessive nature. I do feel that even now after two years of shadi, Nivi etc, II is still not a complete part of the Bhalla clan. They treat her delicately, they humour her, they pamper her, they are super nice to her, but that connect seems to be missing. She has her own  separate relationship and equation with each member of the Bhalla clan, but not as a whole. 
So want a caustic Nisha style harish and Ranjan update where Ranjan in his own way gives it off to them the minute they start badmouthing his son. Come on Ranjan you can do it. Scream and yell at him as much as you wish at home Lekin harish ke saamne you need to stand up for your son! 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Bindi35KM03Tuc_Mobkalavathi5Neha07sonalgupta2004Nisha0604MysticRiver

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 12 June 2016 at 11:51am | IP Logged
I am so grateful and happy I have you all
There are some things that just cant be spoken in public without experiencing backlash
I express my opinion on these pages and find so many are in my boat

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Bindi35Aastha26-banu-tiachhTuc_MobJinverakalavathi5taramirasonalgupta2004ishruhiMysticRiver

taramira Goldie
taramira
taramira

Posted: 12 June 2016 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Of course the best venting pages ever! No judgements, no reprimands.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5sonalgupta2004ishruhiMysticRiver

dsgirl IF-Sizzlerz
dsgirl
dsgirl

Posted: 12 June 2016 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
So they are back at spitting fire at each other..just goes on to show the Perfect yet imperfect life they are sharing...it's so good to read Sosy updates nisha...I missed it!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5KM03sonalgupta2004ishruhi

Go to top