Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
I found this message and it got me thinking what else but Sosyland:

Informed social observers assert that the 'Punjabification' of TamBrahm weddings is more or less complete.

Mehndi is de rigueur. If your wedding doesn't have Mehndi, you haven't socially arrived!

No Mehndi is complete without the participants shaking their legs to 'kuthu paattus' from across the world. The latest 'Hot N Cold' to the legendary 'choli ke peeche kyaa hai' to the contemporary 'dangaa maari oodhaari', nothing is below par.

Sangeet - professional DJs and 'Wedding Planners' are called in to throw an authentic party. Singing and dancing in front of the janavasam vehicle (or is it the baraat horse?). To the astonishment of onlookers - "Innaabaa idhu ayiroottu kalyaanamaa illa settu kalyaanamaa?"

Cocktail Party - mandatory component amongst the crme de la crme TamBrahms apparently! The choicest of Sauvignons on offer in line with the preferences of the well heeled, globetrotting society women.

Dinner Menu - largely remains vegetarian as yet?! Rumali rotis, chat stalls, dhoklas and methi teplas complete the Pan Indian spread. Hummus and falafels are on too?!

Madisar, kacham, nagaswaram and mangalya dharanam are elements still to be Punjabified?!

Mera Bharat Mahan :-)
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
And didn't realize there were updates 😳
Always love it here. 

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Descendant's Duty

"Trehaan didnt look thrilled but was too smug to let it show

"Arey tayaji ko saari detail maloom hai tu subah baat kar lena" he shifted in his seat

"I bet he does... I am just curious how you got Maruti to agree on this vendor? They have a list of vendors for fuel injection pumps this company is not on it" R&B said

"Only from 2016... until 2015 they were the "biggest supplier" Trehaan was not happy

"Thats a moot point when the OEM says dont deal with a company we dont"he said blandly stretching his mile long legs on the tan leather couch

"Well until last year OEM yaane Maruti ke sabse favorite mein se tha yeh... humne bas set kar diya Tayaji ka supply"

"U ordered parts from a vendor that no longer manufactures it... and yet got paid more than what legitimate suppliers on Maruti's list entitled to get paid"

"Dekh tujhe jitni fiqar hai na us se zyaada fiqar mujhe aur Samar nu haiga..." he slipped to Punjabi in frustration

R&B was pissed

"Enough to get your self a cut" he muttered

Trehaan stood up "Tujhe jo kehna hai na keh le... meri dealing Tayaji naal haiga... tere paas to time nahi hai... jis bande nu Paris se lautan di fursat nai os de naal main tey gallan nai karanaga" he slammed R&B

"I think u shud cancel the order for 7 years worth of injection pumps... I dont think Excelsior should be carrying million units of redundant inventory from a company that no longer makes it" R&B said sipping his ice cold water

"Uski permission main Tayaji se loonga... dekh bhai workshop ki jimmewari mere tey Samar kol haiga... tu beech mein gallan na kareen"
The rustic punjabi coupled with the generous use of "tu" pissed R&B off

"I can make the call to Fusion, and they can take back their inventory" R&B said smugly

"Ek second ruk... Tayaji nu bulawan" he hissed

Ranjan was gone by then

Trehaan stood in R&B's doorway when he returned, theatrically

"Aagar Tayaji di inni fiqar haigi... " he stopped

He cudnt bring himself to say " return to Excelsior and take over'
That wud be catastrophic to him his Dad and his brother

He carefully checked himself and said

"Agar inni fiqar haigi tey... tuannu bechna nai chaida si... apna hissa..." he said not hiding a smile

R&B emptied the half frozen bottle of water

Mrs Sagar appeared to pick his coffee mug up

The coffe had gone cold

"Can I have have Julianna's number please?" he asked Mrs Sagar

She nodded and walked out and brought back a post it

He returned home at 10 ish
Ranjan sat on the swing holding his daughter
She leapt like a baby cheetah

He hugged and cuddled and inhaled

She wore a pink towelling robe with a hoodie

Smelled like II's soap

Her hair was in 4 braids all over her head

He kissed her cheeks and rubbed the bruises

And handed her back

'Trehaan naal ki kaam tha?" he asked

"Nothing... big really" he said

II brought Ranjan's thali Mahavir brought a jug of lassi

It was a warm Feb night

Nivi frantically shook her anklet clad feet wanting to stick her feet into the yogurt

II wore her hair in a top knot

Orange kurta and a offwhite chudidar

She looked preoccupied

"U wont eat bhindi no?" she asked

"NO!!" he looked confused

"Onakku he made tinda (for u) or there is fish leftover I think" she said

"Dad aapko dega yeh fish?" she asked

Ranjan shook his head

"Na jee puttarjee... achar laayin" he said eating somberly

"ENNACHU?" she asked R&B

ranjan ate quietly

R&B walked with cooing to his daughter  "Mahavir Sam Adams plz" he said softly

"Chache ne bulaya tujhe?" Ranjan quizzed

"Nope" he said

"Fuel injection waale se kya baat hui, 4 text aaye uske" Ranjan chewed with a mouthful

"He brought liquidation sale inventory at  90% markdown, after Maruti took them off their supplier list so I canceled the order and put the pallets back on return" he said

Ranjan was aghast!
II went back to the kitchen and brought another phulka and a empty thali for R&B

II caught the last part of R&B's careless admission... and didnt know how to react

He handed his daughter back to his Dad and went in to wash up

II wandered back in

"WHAT HAPPENED?" she asked

He pinned her on the lounge wall across from the Monet and felt her moist from sweat cold pink cheeks, thankfully Ranjan's sat on the swing facing the compound wall of the house

And gently bend down and kissed her, she went on her toes until she realized she was supposed to be upset over Sam hijacking Nivi
She moaned and pulled away

"Umm...Nothing" he said letting himself into the "powder room" to wash up before dinner

jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow he is still definitely concerned about his dad and his company 
munira053 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
He walked over to his daughter's pic, and stared at the eyes

He smiled and walked out

I LOOOVED THIS PART   ❤️

Dude is definitely concerned for His Dad 😊 just doesn't like to 'show it of', As He doesn't realize that Himself !

Our baby Is 11 month Old 🤗 CUTE N FAT. Can imagine the chubby cheeks :*

And I realised NOTHING feels as peaceful as Reading Sosy   ❤️
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Hence its proved...
He care for his dad
I will not say love
But who knows deep down in his heart love is also buried!!!!

👏
Great writing
Lovely words for father and daughter
And II always ready to fight...
😉
SAKIVIAM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
obviously he care,

just kidding madness is infectious it spreads from one another.

read and reread go ferrari infant twins.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shru 
Read College Confidential
NOBODY is able to justify WHY  a college needs to charge $60,000 for one year.
One guy is saying colleges are spending beyond their means to improve their ratings in US News & World report, building Olympic sized pools and spas to attract "kids"
Its like the housing bubble, basically, buying something "jus cuz"

Sooner or later everything will come crashing down

UC Berkeley the tuition increased from $7K 8 years ago to $40k/year

What the beep are they offering for the additional $33k
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Shru 

Read College Confidential
NOBODY is able to justify WHY  a college needs to charge $60,000 for one year.
One guy is saying colleges are spending beyond their means to improve their ratings in US News & World report, building Olympic sized pools and spas to attract "kids"
Its like the housing bubble, basically, buying something "jus cuz"

Sooner or later everything will come crashing down

UC Berkeley the tuition increased from $7K 8 years ago to $40k/year

What the beep are they offering for the additional $33k

Nisha seriously I have no idea what they offer and can't for the life of me understand this craziness. And it's not as if an undergrad from any of these places automatically gets you in the big league. And you are right it is like the big housing bubble which could burst anytime. Good public universities are doing a brilliant job anyways, without these sharks. I know of some kids who have gone to these schools and almost every kid has had a serious bout of depression and coping issues with the crazy pressure to perform, so clearly it's not about the learning experience. 
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nivi is too cute in a pink robe. But everybody gets to meet her only after work hours. I don't know how they divide their time. It's so difficult for a mother to leave her kid and go to work upar se you find out that she's getting close to another person in the family. II's jealousy is justified. But buas love their nieces and nephews a lot. I've seen that with my own buas.