Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Software Symphony 65 "Playthings" (Page 31)

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Vidya
I read about this yesterday Sheryl Sandberg said in her address "she has started making a list of THREE things she is happy about every night"

I started doing that since last night

As long as I remember to do it, I plan to
On days I dont feel like it cannot lift me out of my despair I wont do it

Last night, all three things involved food

1. Coimbatore Sree Krishna Mysore pak
2. A1 banana chips
3 I ate some yummy pizza at lunch (sarkari kharcha) because i attended the company's "Political Action Committee" (PAC), and the fed us and told us about what kind of lobbying they do with Congress

Yep, I am shallow and starving, my happiness revolves around MUFT and Khaana

Edited by Nisha0604 - 19 May 2016 at 8:48am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

tiachhRedGarnetTuc_MobKM03kalavathi5taramiramodernfamilyKjolovesbabiessonalgupta2004moonwearershidin0117

sonalgupta2004 IF-Dazzler
sonalgupta2004
sonalgupta2004

Posted: 19 May 2016 at 9:03am | IP Logged
I was thinking Wht if Sree hav the pic of the event
As those days they were sending him videos of her singing every now and then...
Then It will be the last nail in the coufen...
Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5

VeeIyer Senior Member
VeeIyer
VeeIyer

Posted: 19 May 2016 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Hi Nisha,
Just to tell you that Vidya pinged me to say that she has chosen to stay away from the thread after May 16th, as she wonders if her presence is not welcomed ...

Sorry to be the messenger   Ouch Ouch

Edited by VeeIyer - 19 May 2016 at 9:35am

shidin0117

taramira Goldie
taramira
taramira

Posted: 19 May 2016 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nisha0604

sHRU

Its raining cats and dogs here

Kya yaad dila diya

Sigh!!

BTW

One of my husband's friends went to India on vacation and returned with Coimbatore Sree Krishna Sweets Mysorepak and  banana chips from a brand called "a1"

KILLER!!

I am like, "Lufthansa allows you FIFTY fricking pounds and ALL you could fit in was a measly 200gm mysorepak dabba and a 500 gm banana chip bag?"

I STUFFED my face with the ghee dripping mysorepak at 10 PM last night
Workout can take a hike... quite literally

Indian mithaiwaalas have no idea how starved and desperate the Desis are

a1 dilli mein milta hai kya? perhaps near malai mandir or RK puram area. or someone could be stocking it near guruvayooor temple in Mayur Vihar? Will be in delhi all of july in sweltering heat, but so lookign forward to it. address bhej i will send you mysore pak ka dabba a1 shayad nahi hoga lekin Mysore pak zaroor hoga. in Mayur Vihar there is a south Indian restaurnt called Neelgiri - they had the most divine southie thaali and a shop downstaris which sold murku, mixture and MP.. yummm! 

shidin0117

Tuc_Mob Senior Member
Tuc_Mob
Tuc_Mob

Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Why II playing with fire?
Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:22am | IP Logged
WHAT happened Vani?
Did I say something?
Was it about the Sheryl Sandberg thing?
I have no malice towards Vidya...

Not for one moment :(
I am sick of Sheryl milking it
Please apologize on my behalf to her if she is offended

I dont recall saying anything to herOuchConfused

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5KM03jaschicktaramiramoonwearersonalgupta2004shidin0117

VeeIyer Senior Member
VeeIyer
VeeIyer

Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nisha0604

WHAT happened Vani?
Did I say something?
Was it about the Sheryl Sandberg thing?
I have no malice towards Vidya...

Not for one moment :(
I am sick of Sheryl milking it
Please apologize on my behalf to her if she is offended

I dont recall saying anything to herOuchConfused

Shall certainly pass on your message Nisha !

I constantly tell myself that in the past one year, I have gained so much by being part of this forum...got myself friends for a lifetime and a virtual daughter in Diva who relates to me as V ma Embarrassed on a daily basis !!

And I wish / hope it stays this way for everyone...one big happy family which congregates when we know you will be out here, making our day a little better ( much better !! ) and sharing our woes, joys,thoughts and fears with the confidence and the comfort that we won't be judged ..

I for one hope SV changes her mind ?!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

RedGarnetKM03jaschickkalavathi5taramiramodernfamilymoonwearersonalgupta2004shidin0117

moonwearer IF-Dazzler
moonwearer
moonwearer

Posted: 19 May 2016 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
I like to begin my day on a positive note with lessons i can glean from what i read...i am not an intellectual i am not an artist...i am not a statesman i am not a sportsperson...i am not a CEO that will deliver commencement speeches...I do not hold any grudges against anybody though i may have unknowingly been the cause of pain...

As i went through my PM list on this thread i realised that on 20th May 2015 i had sent my first PM to Vani...Yesterday she donned the hat of matriarch trying to heal the pain i carried and has ended her post wishing i get back as one big family...
Nisha you have been a person i admire on several counts...you had posted 3 things you felt happy about...i had also posted in response to your take on may 16th that this was my take away from that talk...
Life is very brief...i realise that it is better to heal than to be the stone to cause a ripple that hurts. Nisha sent you a mail please read and let me know you have read.It is a demand

This story hastened my return...happy to be back in time for my morning Raga

He was mad when his rich boss ignored him, but was shocked to learn this

Just when you think you have everything figured out, something inexpiable will happen to shake you up and give you a reality-check.

Could this be a sign from above that we don't have all the answers?

Quiet your thoughts, your perceptions, and your biases. The Universe is talking.

In the following story from Jolly Christian, a man learns a valuable lesson about judging others.

Read the heart-felt story below.

My boss drove a luxury car everyday, and it was my duty to greet him and to open the gates for him, as I worked as a watchman in his villa. But he never responded back to my greetings.

One day he saw me opening the garbage bags outside the villa in search of any leftover food. But as usual, he never even looked at me, it was like as if he never saw anything.

The very next day I saw a paper bag at the same place, but it was clean and the food inside was covered well. It was fresh, like someone had just brought it from the supermarket. I didn't care where it came from, I just took the paper bag and I was so happy.

Every day I found this paper bag at the same place with fresh vegetables and all the food we needed at home. This became my daily routine. I was eating and sharing this food with my wife and kids. I was wondering who this fool could be. How could he forget his paper bag full of fresh food everyday?

One day there was a big problem in the villa, and I was told that my boss has died. There were too many guests coming to the villa that day and I didn't find the bag of food, so I thought that one of the guests must have taken it. But the same thing happened the 2nd day, the 3rd day and the 4th day.

It went on like this for a few weeks and I found it difficult to provide food for my family, so I decided to ask the wife of my boss for a raise in my salary or else I would quit my job as a watchman.

After I told her, she was shocked, and asked me, how come you never complained about your salary for the last 2 years? And why is this salary not enough for you now? I gave her so many excuses but she was never convinced!

Finally in the end, I decided to tell her the truth, I told her the entire story of the bag of groceries, and as to how it was my daily provision. She then asked me when the mystery bags stopped appearing. I told her after the death of her husband. And then I realized that I stopped seeing the paper bag immediately after the death of my boss. Why didn't I ever think of this before?  It was my boss who was providing this for me, all along. I guess I never thought that a person who never even replied to my greetings could ever be so generous.

His wife started to cry, and I told her to please stop crying, and that I'm really sorry that I asked for a raise, I didn't know that it was your husband who was providing me with the meals, I'll remain as a watchman and be happy to provide my service.

His wife told me, "I'm crying because I've finally found the 7th person my husband was giving this bag full of food. I knew my husband was giving to 7 people everyday, I had already found the 6 people, and all these days I was searching for the 7th person. And today I found out."

From that day onward, I started to receive the bag full of food again, but this time his son was bringing it to my house and giving it to my hand. But whenever I thanked him, he never replied. Just like his dad!

One day, I told him THANK YOU in a very loud voice! He replied back to me to please not be offended when he doesn't reply, because he has a hearing problem, just like his dad.

This is one of those stories that rings true for all people, across diverse populations. The lesson? Never judge someone based on appearances.

Luckily, there is another method that doesn't involve assumptions. It's called asking. It's called getting to know someone. Be humble enough to learn from the experiences around you.

Every person you come across is fighting a secret battle. Don't jump to conclusions, because it's so easy to have the answer wrong.

You don't know it all. In fact, the more you think you know, the less you probably do.

It's time to practice respect, and to change the way we feel about ourselves and others.

Edited by moonwearer - 19 May 2016 at 7:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jaschickshidin0117sonalgupta2004

Go to top