Frequent Posters

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey everyone
Good morning and evening to all
And and
Happy friendship day to all my friends i have made here
To tell all its the least unexpected place i hav ever thought of to find friends and live and share my life and my days with

Now i think ki hope i would hav come here earlier
But laye then never
Love u all
😊
Errantnomad thumbnail
To think of it it's friction all so thick a day before the arrival of Manny.
It's not over yet people... ... It's only the beginning of more headache ..lot more to be seen and heard on this before this situation bites the dust.Hope her thing with Makarand is still on to keep her occupied during her stay here. The mercurial Manny arrives soon... 😎 .
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wo Kalpana, that was quite something. I agree with some of your points. Sam needs to stop being so annoyingly cloying and harping on RB's past wayward ways whenever and wherever, however much I understand the angst she has felt about her family's situation in the past. In regards to Iyers having their own way, I do find them a bit overbearing as far as such situations  are concerned except as you rightly said after II's delivery. In fact it was at that time that mrs IYER should have strongly objected because it was a matter of Ii's well being and not simply about following rituals. Of course the Iyers still can't get around the fact that II is married into a Punjabi family and they have their own way of doing things. I might sound really chauvinistic but the society we live in, it's usually the boys clan which decides how important events related to their household are held. I do feel that Ranjan has followed Iyer  rituals to the hilt, respected every aspect of Ii's culture and continues to do so and so if it gives him  happiness of host Nivi's fist  birthday in her own house, I see nothing wrong with it. I agree that most of the time RB has gotten his own way but it wouldnt be so if  II wouldn't make a huge deal of everything- crying fits,tantrums etc etc. In her effort of turn Rb into BALA or Sree she's practically throwing whatever little sense of grounded family values Rb might have left in him. I think Iyers need to back off sometimes and let Bhallas take the lead. There is such a simple solution to this problem, a havan at Sankara temple and A havan at Mm followed by a big bash - Bhalla style. Sab happy happy. 
Errantnomad thumbnail
Thank you Shruthi. Well said .. Agree to all that you have said. Ranjsn bhalla has gone out of the way toaccommodate the Iyers. II is definitely blessed to get such a non- judgemental FIL in Ranjan Bhalla. I would like very much that he gets his happiness and when nivi's bday celebrations happens in MM, I would like the Iyers to not only attend but participate and go all out to make it a grand celebration much like how the bhallas and Bhatras have made every iyer function their own. It would be grossly unfair if Mr. Iyer keeps a mooh phoolahoed sulking face when MM celebrates... Nivi is a great joy for everyone around and that happiness should not be undermined over these squabbles.

II should most definitely stop comparing with Bala and I agree with you completely that it's only been utterly damaging... She should know better than that.
Mr. Iyer and dude... It's pointless to expect anything from them.
The solution is simple as you said. It's happened before too . Nivi's naming ceremony at DII and her welcome to MM were both grand celebrations.
Even I don't see why it can't be the same even now...I'm with you totally . I missed to put that point in my note.

I wish it was as simple as II communicating to dude why she feels the way she does with her parents and also dude telling II why he would like it in MM instead of just saying Enough II ... Equally slamming II by saying " by coming upstairs...You are showing that you are on their side ". Both verbally volleying . And what happens after that... No further conversation happens as their lips are sealed to each other ... Their anger giving way to passion.

And after that both are back riding on their high horses ... Square one... Circle complete.

I enjoyed reading your response shruthi.
Edited by Errantnomad - 7 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Thank you Shruthi. Well said .. Agree to all that you have said. Ranjsn bhalla has gone out of the way toaccommodate the Iyers. II is definitely blessed to get such a non- judgemental FIL in Ranjan Bhalla. I would like very much that he gets his happiness and when nivi's bday celebrations happens in MM, I would like the Iyers to not only attend but participate and go all out to make it a grand celebration much like how the bhallas and Bhatras have made every iyer function their own. It would be grossly unfair if Mr. Iyer keeps a mooh phoolahoed sulking face when MM celebrates... Nivi is a great joy for everyone around and that happiness should not be undermined over these squabbles.

II should most definitely stop comparing with Bala and I agree with you completely that it's only been utterly damaging... She should know better than that.
Mr. Iyer and dude... It's pointless to expect anything from them.
The solution is simple as you said. It's happened before too . Nivi's naming ceremony at DII and her welcome to MM were both grand celebrations.
Even I don't see why it can't be the same even now...I'm with you totally . I missed to put that point in my note.

I wish it was as simple as II communicating to dude why she feels the way she does with her parents and also dude telling II why he would like it in MM instead of just saying Enough II ... Equally slamming II by saying " by coming upstairs...You are showing that you are on their side ". Both verbally volleying . And what happens after that... No further conversation happens as their lips are sealed to each other ... Their anger giving way to passion.

And after that both are back riding on their high horses ... Square one... Circle complete.

I enjoyed reading your response shruthi.

Ha ha ha but if they all behaved this way- practical, upright, righteous there would be no SOSY! I am simply waiting for the Manya and II encounter. Really want RB to put Manya in her place. But considering his mood and the fact that the Bhallas  are all on the same PAGE at the moment, perhaps II might get more hurt in the process. Ooh it will be super exciting to read Manyas sarcasm laced dialogues and II's response or no response! Bring it on Nisha. 
Errantnomad thumbnail
Yes without conflicts... There's no story ... SoSy is what it is because of these conflicts and not all conflicts are boring 😊 ...
I feel Manny and Mr. Iyer can have a go at each other and that's ok but what would be interesting to see... Between manny and II who's going to snap first ... Bring it on Nisha. II is already on the edge here...

Also please Nisha... Do consider one for the other story too... Last couple of wkends have been barren on that field.. It's looking dry like hay... I've already placed my apologies in advance for pestering you.
😳 . Thank you.
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Bhallas speaking out for the first time in one voice!!

Nice... Appa sulking even more, II and RnB warring passionately and Sam trying to be a mother Gen again. Sometimes when I'm in the midst of an opinion war at home I feel a little like Sam - wanting to dredge the past and laying all that went the other way to one incident! But then life has too many layers right? The right action at the wrong time has unintended consequences. We know nothing about what made Savi leave the way she did. We know nothing about the impact it had on RnB vis a vis his relationships. We only know he went from woman to woman with no attachment and with impeccable manners.

II on the other hand lived for her family.. Did everything she could and beyond for her family. And then stood stoically against her fathers wishes to marry RnB. Now at every opportunity she tries to over reach to care for Appa's sensibilities.

One big difference between II and RnB - he does what he wants never ever calls tradition to his rescue. II makes her own bouquet - falling back on tradition, family values or simply her wishes to get what she wants.

Interesting to see what drives us all as people.. What makes us act the way we do.

SoSy has been an awesome platform for us to discuss and therefore understand ourselves a little better!!

⭐️

Shrugs and Kalpana I really enjoyed reading your posts
❤️
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sorry that was was meant to be Shruthi and Kalpana..
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Found a Missing persons notice ..."Aapan yaanna pahilaath kaa ?? "

for a male and female called Neel Pandit and Suveccha Dabholkar. Apparently they are laapata for over a week 😊

Since all of us know they are playing'hum tum ek kamre main bandh ho' for over a week, beating R&B and II's three day record, and we know only Nisha has the chaabi, a plea to release the two to our author 😆😆

Shall post same notice at ID too !! Never know which one would catch Nisha's eye 😉

Edited by VeeIyer - 7 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
"One big difference between II and RnB - he does what he wants never ever calls tradition to his rescue. II makes her own bouquet - falling back on tradition, family values or simply her wishes to get what she wants."

Asma first we keep missing each other online by a few hrs . So hellos first.True Asma, life has many layers , right things at the wrong time has uninteded consequences. And also true this platform and these discussions make us look at ourselves too. Bang on.

Though on the above quoted... That he has never called tradition to his rescue merits a different view ...
Don't remember exactly which update it was... But I think around the same time when II had to go back Mm and she argued with Dude... Saying something lwhat about her wish that she wants to stay at DII during post partum... Dude did say that punjabi rituals and tradition demand that postpartum is at husbands place. Why do I distinctly remember this is II was stunned with that counter and mocked something like so when did you start becoming the Gate keeper of punjabi traditions...
I found it extremely hilarious that a man who has docked II's father for using traditions... When he becomes a father uses the same to his rescue within 10 days of her birth. I remember making my review on that too. Exactly Endha update I don't remember.

He said that and he himself could not believe that he pulled that tradition rescue out of his pocket..
Ha ha

On the boquet that II uses... Yes she does... But against dude.. None of the flower arrangement she presents Appeals to him and dissatisfied... He turns it around and walks away with the full Garden most times. 😆Edited by Errantnomad - 7 years ago