Software Symphony 65 "Playthings" - Page 52

Posted: 7 years ago
The last two lines just stole my heart 
For now those last lines were the most modest and truest of lines spoken by them to each other, and such moments rule out the need to profess love in words.

These moments are the ones we fight for to be with our loved ones at the end of the day nothing matters rage jealousy grudge but just a loved one to hold us tight.
it becomes so hard for parents when they retire and have to stay at home and here amma appa have move out of the place where they have lived for like 30 yrs they have all their memories...        😭
Good! Complete honesty for once. RB gets his wife back, and II is able to ack that her emotional anchor is HIM. It's almost as if he let her throw her tantrum, let her figure it out in her head and waited for  her come back. Thanks Nisha, and it's nice to see you on a  roll, although Abhi  chakkar adha hi hua hai, two more please for the full roll! ðŸ˜‰
Father and daughter conversation is heart touching !!!
Poor II ðŸ˜­
The last two lines were just too good
Can someone PLEASE explain to me HOW a cast iron tava/skillet at Sur la Table cost $169?
Thats like TEN THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED RUPEES

At the risk of offending my posh readers I have to say "What a boat load of bull ka ka"
You call any thing "French" and it instantly becomes a artifact?
In Delhi there are these blacksmith colonies (almost like homeless living in tents) that sell a perfect tava for Rs.50 or Rs.100

I wandered around a posh market place after we watched Finding Dory this afternoon (not as good as the original BTW) and went in with a Brit lady friend and found the price to be $169
That was the smallest cast iron item I looked at, I didnt look at the soup pot, must be $800 I bet
ha ha...Nisha.  I cannot even look on those websites for fear of sticker shock!!!
The best cast iron is lodge-somewhere between 10-20$.  If you have the cash to spend-you can get carbon steel--great for dosas!  Our tava from chennai didn't work to my mother's satisfaction, so I had to go out and find the perfect one!  ðŸ˜†
Kala
I do all my "sourcing" from Delhi, buy tavas in fact my Appa will ask the craftspeople to custom make a giant flat lohe ka tava, (I LOVE to make giant paper thin dosas) and he packs it at the bottom of my suitcase after oiling and leaving it in the balcony for days, will wrap it in a stack of newspapers and old veshtis (he has a Ph D in packing)

All I have to do when I get here is rinse with soap and let the maav sizzle on it

My Amma transitioned to "non stick" like 7 years ago, we told her its toxic and dangerous and got her to stop using it
She felt really bad because her first non stick was a gift from my Athai's daughter (who bought her that after staying in my parents place for a vacation)

It took a while to convince her to get rid of it
I guess I have to go to Delhi next time to get the right tava!  We have thrown out most of the nonstick and even plastic is on its way out.  What next I wonder...