Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
"Umm... uh... umm" Amma instinctively wanted to support R&B she realized how much he must hurt to have a father do what Ranjan did"

Again I protest... To have a father do what Ranjan SUPPOSEDLY did. On this I'm the monkey on your back.
Errantnomad thumbnail
"This day will go down as one of the most memorable in Ranjan's life... post scandal that is
His son had stood up for the company, he had displayed values that were dear to Ranjan
His son had given him an opportunity to dance with pride in front of Harish
AND... he said "Dad""

And then there are some days of Glory. Ranjan Bhalla, this calls for Rasmalais. 😳
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
So sorry for your loss vani...
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful update nisha ranjan will never forget this day 
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Dad! he said Dad, unwittingly hi sahi, bola to. kahin khushi se ranjan kuchch kar na baithe. doobte ko tinke ka sahara chahiye hota hai, RB ne to within 24 hours poori life jacket hi pakra di hai.  the only problem is that even though RB might be thawing a bit, i view his actions as super transient and prompted by circumstances. dont want ranjan to get his hopes really high, but knowing him i guess he wont. and as RB transforms from a rake to a husband and a father, he is mellowing. 
loved the way II once again channeled his women. somehow that aspect of his life thugh extremly unsettling for II gives makes him who he is. If II brigns up the topic of M and his women once again, wonder what his reaction would be? 
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Vani , Yesterday I found that trees talk. When they are under stress , parched cos of drought they make sounds... ... these sounds are different from the other sounds they make ... the ultrasonic waves of the water stressed trees can now be picked up ... And we look at it inanimately as something that provides us with oxygen, fuel and if it's green we look at it as something that please the eye.

If I were to be very clinical about bereavement I do wonder why does the termination of biological functions have so much power on us?
I wish the heart and brain were just another organs ? Why does it have to feel... Why does it have to think?
I feel more vulnerable to death as I grow older. I bubble in anger at times wanting to defeat the power of grief that death creates. This is perhaps my selfish fear that I think we should have the power to turn robots when situation arises.

Take care Vani. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Kalpana...
I was sharing  thoughts with  a friend on how quickly we accept and move on..The stomach is one organ which does not emote and on the way back after the last rites, everyone in the car was like I need a hot cup of coffee now...even the grief and crying is set aside if the belly makes demands 

It is going to take a long while to accept this loss...she was not a SIL but more of a mother to me ðŸ˜­

I love the thought that trees emote ...would hold onto that thought for the day...Trees give and give and we only cut them down ðŸ˜•
Edited by VeeIyer - 7 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wink and a nod

He ordered chocolate for her realizing she was aloof

She was unlike him, he was USUALLY aloof.
She was the opposite
She was involved and caring and fretting and agitated and cheerful and delirious, she wasnt quiet...

Ranjan tried not to notice her behavior

"Do u want to ensure the wrap up of the return of inventory?" he asked somberly

R&B nodded quietly

Ranjan didnt prod him to "start coming in if u are in Delhi"

R&B did not offer

It hurt II beyond belief to watch such a tenative "biz" relationship between father and son

Ranjan on the other hand was having a fabulous day

He couldnt recall when he had lunch with his son... at Gurgaon

Maybe 6? 7? years ago?

"1:48 ho gaya" Ranjan muttered "Tinn vaje  tera meeting hai?" he asked

"No at 2" he said

"Daftarch kar le" Ranjan urged

R&B nodded.. but smiled too.. a lil confused... he wasnt sure why Ranjan was so proprietorial
Ranjan was finding his and exercising his new found role of "being a parent" to his son

He had often noticed Chachu admonish his sons, or scold them or instruct them
When he went out to lunch with Chachu and the boys... he would look at their antics longingly
Today he had his son to practise some of his parenting ideas

He did!!

"Shaami lawyer nu mil aayenge jara.. kisi syaape di tayyari karan waaste" he muttered

"Jee" R&B said reverentially

Ranjan beamed at II
He beamed at the waiter
The guy that took their plates

He was over the moon

"Dad... umm.". she didnt look at R&B "DII jaoon shaam ko?" she asked

She watched her husband's expression clench

"Kede waaste gudiya?" he asked

"Packing mein help karoongi, Akka bhi aayegi"

"Nivi nu chhod jaayin"

II shook her head... "Amma wants to see her"

"Umm" Ranjan thought

"Maybe ur parents can come see her" R&B said blandly

"And u will go pack?" she asked sweetly

"Tum dono da kee karan?" main?" Ranjan hissed unhappy

"I" began II

"BAS ekdum chup... toone chup nahi hona hai, hore isne bolna nai hai" Ranjan folded his hands in prayer and shut his eyes and shook his head

"Koi tarqeeb nahi hai mere paas" he warned

"Dad... I" began II

"Isne choon nahi kara, (pointing to his son appreciating R&B for respecting authority) gudiya tu chup nahi hondi?" he asked baffled

R&B smiled

II was self conscious and embarrassed

"Nobody is going anywhere" Ranjan said sternly

"Thx" R&B said smugly

When Ranjan got off at Spectrum he walked over to his son's side "Ladai kam kareen beta" he said

"Huh" R&B grunted
He walked over to II's side  "Ladke aayegi huney aayegi?" he mocked
II immediately flew out of the car and joined him

R&B winked at his Dad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She showed up at Sam's at 7:18
Ranjan and R&B went to see the attorney to draft legal papers in case the Hungarian company sued

sam smiled, pleased to see her

"Nivi kaha hai?" Ii asked
Sam was baffled

"Kyon ghar par nahi hai?" she asked waving help to bring chai

"I didnt go home, since you bring her here I came here" II tried not to sound trite

"Main laayi nahi" Sam said extremely hurt

II stood frozen, as Amma's words of caution rang in her ears about how much Sam must love Nivi for reasons that are beyond II's comprehension
And how II must not jump to conclusions and about how II should be happy Nivi has such a loving athai etc etc etc

It was too late tho, Sam was cringing, her baby was not here and II had let her insecurity out in the open

"Tumhe bura laga kal to main aaj laayi nahi usko" Sam said fighting tears, nodding sadly

AYYO!!!
WHAT HAVE I DONE!!

taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yeh to II ka kaam hai  Pehle without thinking put your foot into your mouth and then say aiyoo what have I done? Her own insecurities with RB wreaks havoc in every relationship around her. Non clarity about her status, 99 per cent of which exists in her own head spills over to others creating more confusion. 
And Rb aur Ranjan ka yeh Kya love affair chal raha hai suddenly. Winking, Jee. Aiyoo this new tame RB is so so adorable. Feel like pulling his cheeks And hoping that Rb ke is Naye Avtar ko kisi nazar na lag jaye. 
Chalo II shuru karo Apna kaam, sorry bolo, haath jodo...
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I was waiting for this "aiyyo" from II...😔
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
II stood frozen, as Amma's words of caution rang in her ears about how much Sam must love Nivi for reasons that are beyond II's comprehension
And how II must not jump to conclusions and about how II should be happy Nivi has such a loving athai etc etc e

This was bound to happen
This is II 
Do before think later...
And then a big ayyooo
😲
😕