Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Thank you all, for your kind words !!
Life is transient but the reality hits home when a dear one is taken away so rudely in a span of three days. 
None of us were prepared for this and neither did she realise the gravity of the situation ðŸ˜­
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: taramira

OH Goodness, Vani. read about Dengue all the time and now it hits home. I know its terrible and lame askign such questions now, but was there nothing they could do to arrest the spread of the disease or they simply couldnt find out what happened. we all have to go but when it happens this way you feel so cheated. Pleace accept my heratfelt condolences.  

Shruthi...
She collapsed and started sinking so quickly that even the doctors were caught unawares...was heartbreaking to see the change within 24 hours. 
All her major organs just packed up within the span of a couple of days.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Manchurian Memories

"I can drive" he told his Dad

"Good, we can talk" Ranjan smiled at II
R&B held her hand and dragged her out of the way when she wandered in the basement parking lot towards an oncoming car

"II" he warned

And held her hand until they got to the car

"Main bhi peechhe baithoon?" she asked Ranjan

"Usne dukhi ho jaana hai" Ranjan teased

"Huh" R&B grunted

"He never talks so I doubt he has to say anything" II took a pot shot

He didnt respond to that either

WHY ON EARTH DID I MARRY A MAN THAT DOESNT TALK?
WORDS ARE LIKE OXYGEN TO ME

Ranjan and her talked the whole way

She showed him pictures of Nivi he hadnt seen before

The backseat of the Ferrari had a CAR SEAT

"Usko peechhe dekhne ka koi shauq nahi, she will be excited when she gets the toddler car seat" Ranjan sighed

"She is like ME" II ack, smugly

R&B half smiled

They arrived at a tiny "boutique" Chinese restaurant near  Sikanderpur

R&B must not have texted, because there were atleast 20 people waiting outside, he leaned on the wall nonchalantly
He was not the "calling ahead" types or the "using his hooks" type

"Mainnu keh deta?" Ranjan offered as II stood by him in the balmy January sunshine

"Wont be too long I am told" R&B promised

Ranjan began talking abt what caused the Hungarian company to get delisted

R&B reminded him of the couple other occasions when Maruti did that to a few suppliers

"Are you returning the pallets in phases?" R&B enquired

"Payment to poori de di Trehaan ne" Ranjan tried not to sound angry

R&B looked on grimly

II wandered chatting animatedly with Amma about packing something at DII
She ran into people, jumped off the sidewalk not paying attention to anything

R&B had an eye on her though... it was easy... she was the tallest customer waiting

At almost 5 9
She turned at the end of the block and found him looking at her

As Ranjan spoke to him

Amma asked her where she was she told her Ranjan and her were out at lunch and R&B insinuated himself

"Is Nivi at home?" Amma asked cautiously

"Sofia is not answering her phone, which means she took Nivi to Sam's and is playing with Lasya or something" II said

"U have to understand, when u have a SIL things will be up and down... look at Vandu... her husband's brother doesnt care to take care of his parents" Amma sighed

"I wish Sam was like that" II sighed

"NO u dont... indifference will definitely bother you. Be mature" Amma warned

"I already dont stay home all day, and to find my child not clinging to me in the evenings is painful" II said choking

"Aduvum ONN ishtam" (Ur choice)

"How can u talk like that being a working woman your self?" How can u say I CHOOSE to work?" II was offended

"I didnt have irrational fears like you, about someone stealing my kid" Amma said bluntly

II was hurt...

"Her mother has passed away, anda kozhandaya patha enna tonrado paavam (who knows what Sam feels when she sees 
Amma was thoughtful and compassionate... too much so, to the point II felt juvenile and silly
She cudnt shake her feeling of being unwanted... Amma came from a position of security
She didnt marry a man that lived with a woman for 5 years
She didnt marry a man that was a "player"
She was able to look at things differently

R&B's reputation with women was inescapable in every situation
Some of it had definitely cascaded to II's insecurity about Nivi

"I KNOW its hard for them without Mom, Amma I BEG him to help his Dad out... he behaves like an ASS" II was furious
"Tchhh" Amma sighed

"He is COLD & INDIFFERENT and MEAN" Ii said sadly

"Umm... uh... umm" Amma instinctively wanted to support R&B she realized how much he must hurt to have a father do what Ranjan did

"Not sure WHAT he did but looks like he pissed Chachu off, Dad is still SO NICE TO HIM, so happy to see him" II wiped quick tears

"Adu daan paasam" (thats a parent's love) Amma cleared her throat

"Dad just keeps looking at r&b's face longingly. I cant even imagine how shamelessly Chachu flaunts his relationship with his sons in front of Dad" "Paavam" II sighed

R&B had come looking for her
She wanted to cry but couldnt

She had too much pride
"Naa vekaren" (let me hang up) she said swallowing hard

"Hungry?" he asked

She nodded

He saw her big red eyes, pooling tears at the bottom

She walked quietly towards the restaurant

It was a delicious buffet
Every Asian noodles II could ever dream of, gobi manchurian, chow mein, spring rolls... paradise
She went for her third and 4th helping

Ranjan talked about how Gurgaon had transformed from the time he scouted for locations for the showroom and workshops

"Yeh hua hai tab khola hai pehla Gurgaon showroom" Ranjan said proudly

R&B half smiled

"Did he cut the ribbon

"Naa jee puttarjee, isko godee se neeche utarke bhaagna tha... ek ke baad ek saari showroom ki saare gaadiyon mein baitha" Ranjan spoke fondly

R&B gently flirted, reached and felt her fingers, and held her hand securely

"When did he learn to drive?" II asked, trying to free her hand under the table

"I can answer that" R&B mocked, raising his right hand, as if he were in class... as II ignored him

Ranjan laughed out loud... "achha tu hi bata" he smiled

"12? 14?" R&B asked

"Who taught you?" II asked loosening up for a second

"Umm.. Dad" R&B nodded.. unwittingly adressing Ranjan that way

This day will go down as one of the most memorable in Ranjan's life... post scandal that is
His son had stood up for the company, he had displayed values that were dear to Ranjan
His son had given him an opportunity to dance with pride in front of Harish
AND... he said "Dad"Manchurian Memories

"I can drive" he told his Dad

"Good, we can talk" Ranjan smiled at II
R&B held her hand and dragged her out of the way when she wandered in the basement parking lot towards an oncoming car

"II" he warned

And held her hand until they got to the car

"Main bhi peechhe baithoon?" she asked Ranjan

"Usne dukhi ho jaana hai" Ranjan teased

"Huh" R&B grunted

"He never talks so I doubt he has to say anything" II took a pot shot

He didnt respond to that either

WHY ON EARTH DID I MARRY A MAN THAT DOESNT TALK?
WORDS ARE LIKE OXYGEN TO ME

Ranjan and her talked the whole way

She showed him pictures of Nivi he hadnt seen before

The backseat of the Ferrari had a CAR SEAT

"Usko peechhe dekhne ka koi shauq nahi, she will be excited when she gets the toddler car seat" Ranjan sighed

"She is like ME" II ack, smugly

R&B half smiled

They arrived at a tiny "boutique" Chinese restaurant near  Sikanderpur

R&B must not have texted, because there were atleast 20 people waiting outside, he leaned on the wall nonchalantly
He was not the "calling ahead" types or the "using his hooks" type

"Mainnu keh deta?" Ranjan offered as II stood by him in the balmy January sunshine

"Wont be too long I am told" R&B promised

Ranjan began talking abt what caused the Hungarian company to get delisted

R&B reminded him of the couple other occasions when Maruti did that to a few suppliers

"Are you returning the pallets in phases?" R&B enquired

"Payment to poori de di Trehaan ne" Ranjan tried not to sound angry

R&B looked on grimly

II wandered chatting animatedly with Amma about packing something at DII
She ran into people, jumped off the sidewalk not paying attention to anything

R&B had an eye on her though... it was easy... she was the tallest customer waiting

At almost 5 9
She turned at the end of the block and found him looking at her

As Ranjan spoke to him

Amma asked her where she was she told her Ranjan and her were out at lunch and R&B insinuated himself

"Is Nivi at home?" Amma asked cautiously

"Sofia is not answering her phone, which means she took Nivi to Sam's and is playing with Lasya or something" II said

"U have to understand, when u have a SIL things will be up and down... look at Vandu... her husband's brother doesnt care to take care of his parents" Amma sighed

"I wish Sam was like that" II sighed

"NO u dont... indifference will definitely bother you. Be mature" Amma warned

"I already dont stay home all day, and to find my child not clinging to me in the evenings is painful" II said choking

"Aduvum ONN ishtam" (Ur choice)

"How can u talk like that being a working woman your self?" How can u say I CHOOSE to work?" II was offended

"I didnt have irrational fears like you, about someone stealing my kid" Amma said bluntly

II was hurt...

"Her mother has passed away, anda kozhandaya patha enna tonrado paavam (who knows what Sam feels when she sees 
Amma was thoughtful and compassionate... too much so, to the point II felt juvenile and silly
She cudnt shake her feeling of being unwanted... Amma came from a position of security
She was able to look at things differently

R&B's reputation with women was inescapable in every situation
Some of it had definitely cascaded to II's insecurity about Nivi

"I KNOW its hard for them without Mom, Amma I BEG him to help his Dad out... he behaves like an ASS" II was furious
"Tchhh" Amma sighed

"He is COLD & INDIFFERENT and MEAN" Ii said sadly

"Umm... uh... umm" Amma instinctively wanted to support R&B she realized how much he must hurt to have a father do what Ranjan did

"Not sure WHAT he did but looks like he pissed Chachu off, Dad is still SO NICE TO HIM, so happy to see him" II wiped quick tears

"Adu daan paasam" (thats a parent's love) Amma cleared her throat

"Dad just keeps looking at r&b's face longingly. I cant even imagine how shamelessly Chachu flaunts his relationship with his sons in front of Dad" "Paavam" II sighed

R&B had come looking for her
She wanted to cry but couldnt

She had too much pride
"Naa vekaren" (let me hang up) she said swallowing hard

"Hungry?" he asked

She nodded

She walked quietly towards the restaurant

It was a delicious buffet
Every Asian noodles II could ever dream of, gobi manchurian, chow mein, spring rolls... paradise
She went for her third and 4th helping

Ranjan talked about how Gurgaon had transformed from the time he scouted for locations for the showroom and workshops

"Yeh hua hai tab khola hai pehla Gurgaon showroom" Ranjan said proudly

R&B half smiled

"Did he cut the ribbon

"Naa jee puttarjee, isko godee se neeche utarke bhaagna tha... ek ke baad ek saari showroom ki saare gaadiyon mein baitha" Ranjan spoke fondly

R&B gently flirted, reached and felt her fingers, and held her hand securely

"When did he learn to drive?" II asked, trying to free her hand under the table

"I can answer that" R&B mocked, raising his right hand, as if he were in class... as II ignored him

Ranjan laughed out loud... "achha tu hi bata" he smiled

"12? 14?" R&B asked

"Who taught you?" II asked loosening up for a second

"Umm.. Dad" R&B nodded.. unwittingly adressing Ranjan that way

This day will go down as one of the most memorable in Ranjan's life... post scandal that is
His son had stood up for the company, he had displayed values that were dear to Ranjan
His son had given him an opportunity to dance with pride in front of Harish
AND... he said "Dad"
tiachh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Amazing update nisha its so nice to see ranjan so happy
Tuc_Mob thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Atlast R&B mention Ranjan as Dad !!!
Amma and II's conversation heart touching.
Really nice writing.
Tuc_Mob thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
R&B has do do something about II's situation.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: modernfamily

I'm extremely sorry Vani for your loss. Life is so unpredictable. My ) got diagnosed with last stage cancer. It is detected in multiple organs. Doctors say chances of survival are bleak. I'm very close to my cousins and my aunt and it breaks my heart to see them so troubled. I don't know what to say to them. What can I do to ease their pain. 
Death is a reality that we can't escape. It'll catch up when you're least expecting. The more I see this reality playing out the more disappointed I get with life. It makes me think no matter what we do however good we are whatever we have achieved in our lives how much we've already suffered it'll end and be destroyed by death then why take the pain

Sudhi

You ask "Why take the effort?" When it all has to end?"

I agree partially

Nothing humans do has any meaning
All the petty bickering cold wars, ego clashes, competition, one upmanship, meanness, cattiness, achievements, glory, power, wealth
NONE of it has any meaning

How many people of today's generation even know Tatas and Birlas?
Even their family does not sing their praise daily
How many talk about Vanderbilts and Rockefellers everyday?
Nobody

For every human being HIS or HER time on earth seems like the MOST important
I was at a party on Sunday, a lunch at a friend's I found NOBODY was secure or mature or compassionate
Every person spent the 4 or so hours talking about how important HER life was

I am thinking "Will it even matter 60 years from now that ur teenager is a good swimmer?"
"Will it even matter 50 years from now you have a compost pit in ur backyard?"

People are so self absorbed and inward focussed its not even funny any more

Nobody realizes none of it matters

My kids ask about my grandparents I gush about how my Dadaji was a fabulous craftsman that built FURNITURE for leisure
My kids look on carelessly

Even within a family legacies arent valued

I se people's homes exploding with "stuff"
garage, living room, kitchens... keepsakes, memorabilia... photos

I also know of kids literaly THROWING stuff out after parents pass
I mean how can everyone hang on to EVERYTHING?

100 years from now it wont matter I had a bad boss
10 years from now it wont matter...

Human beings are foolish and immature

But at the same time, we cant sit still and hoping for our end
We can all live simply and be kind

I am trying to do the former... I hope I do the latter more

dsgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
So R&B has seen the tears..wonder what will he do to bring II back to normal..
And his calling ranjan Dad...that has to be the first time after the scandal...can't believe he actually said that...that's one step forward!
Errantnomad thumbnail
Vani , Yesterday I found that trees talk. When they are under stress , parched cos of drought they make sounds... ... these sounds are different from the other sounds they make ... the ultrasonic waves of the water stressed trees can now be picked up ... And we look at it inanimately as something that provides us with oxygen, fuel and if it's green we look at it as something that please the eye.

If I were to be very clinical about bereavement I do wonder why does the termination of biological functions have so much power on us?
I wish the heart and brain were just another organs ? Why does it have to feel... Why does it have to think?
I feel more vulnerable to death as I grow older. I bubble in anger at times wanting to defeat the power of grief that death creates. This is perhaps my selfish fear that I think we should have the power to turn robots when situation arises.

Take care Vani. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Errantnomad thumbnail

II was hurt...

She was able to look at things differently"

There are always always always two sides to a coin.
😒. The brain processes and the heart responds . Well brought out.