India-Forums

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

I cried.

BinKuchKahe. IF-Sizzlerz
BinKuchKahe.
BinKuchKahe.

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:57pm | IP Logged

I finally saw the episode! And where do I start? EDKV just outdoes itself every time, with each episode. Such class in the writing. HATS OFF TO THE CVs, for getting it so right, right from the cast, to the characters, to the music, to the attention to detail & for conveying the simple fact so beautifully that life is way above rights & wrongs. Everyone has different motivations, & different struggles both internally & externally that they go through which results in different viewpoints. Does that make any of them wrong? NO.

On to the episode. In 2 words - I cried. 

For Suman, as everyone was looking out for their own interests, but no one cared about her. She never fit in, in that family. They never ill-treated her per se, but they never loved her either. She lost her home more than a decade back, & now she was loosing it all over again. 

For Nanu, as he watched his family break & it dawned upon him that maybe, he just was never good enough & did nothing for the family. And how much it was hurting him to give up that house & walk away with the allegation that his deceased daughter did wrong to them. How much it hurt him to realise that these people who he called family, just never saw it that way.

For Mami, due to the sheer honesty with which she let out all that pain, & anger in her heart for so many years. Life wasn't easy on her either. Yes, she always dreamt of being rich, but who doesn't? For the first time, I felt that she isn't greedy. All she wants is her children's happiness..she doesn't want them facing the hardships she did. 

For Shravan, as he stood helpless watching Suman beg & plead Mami & Masi to trust Shravan & not sell the house. And the way it was breaking him to watch Suman so lifeless, when she's always been the one full of energy, running around & being naughty. And the way he hid the pressure that he was faced with to do something for her & Nanu, & reassured her..shaking her back to life to trust him, as he will never let her loose.

Such a beautiful episode.. complex human emotions so beautifully depicted & explored. And special mention for Nikita Dutta - SHE IS SIMPLY OUTSTANDING. SUCH A NATURAL. 

Cheers,
Samridhi

Edited by prc_fan1 - 15 April 2016 at 10:00pm

The following 42 member(s) liked the above post:

Tina.H.pavithramaniCashiviHotcocoaGallant_era_nxaasuniroysydySugarbabe14DocDVishakha2092munnihyderabadPlainJane.bohemian.manjusha7DivyaDivI10shalz_123FangirlForeverhanishankindraniguptashivamalaChaits_04-Rossete-..BlueBird..S.StephykweetrockstarOmaRamdassEchoesofpassionRadhika03MrsOmkaraOberoiChalJhoothiorion23Kavila...Dexterity...SahSahKostinsQueenYum_SRMrDarcyfanchicksoup...-Riya-...ShaitaanKiKhala

Yum_SR IF-Sizzlerz
Yum_SR
Yum_SR

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Yup..well said...indeed
Shravan is <3...his emotions, expressions...
Once again he is getting so much involved in love with sumo..
Now I m waiting to see when this case will end nd how shravan will feel sad for going to London...his expression wilk be treat 4 us...nd also sumo's...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GallantOmaRamdass

shalz_123 IF-Dazzler
shalz_123
shalz_123

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Thank you for this post. samridhi.. U r a beautiful writer.. N the way u express urself..
I cried too...n for all those ppl u just mentioned... I want to come back to this post later. ...Nikita n her expressions..so subtle n yet so deep.. Beautiful...thanks do the post for many reasons...I hope I can revisit n share the reasons why...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GallantOmaRamdass

potterginny Senior Member
potterginny
potterginny

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
I beg to differ, Sammy.
Mami is selfish and greedy. She hasn't contributed much in the family. Looking at how Preeti is and Dabboo is mostly looked after by all, she hasn't been much in the mothering dept either.
And she is manipulative. After Khosla's first visit, she dropped all the blame on priya and washed her hands of any responsibility. Articulating her words and gauging others reactions very well. Most of her actions are very calculated and she always manages to get her name out of the tricky situation.
Shravan help karne aaya, toh ummeed dikhi aur 'ghar' par pyaar aa gaya. Ek hearing sahi nahi gayi, toh iraada phir se usi jagah aa kar atka jahan hamesha tha.
And she wants to be rich? Mehnat liye bina?
Khana banana nahi aata, yeh accept nahi karna hai isliye ghutne ka dard scene enter karta hai.
Har waqt dusro ki kamayi par jeena hai, khud ke faayde ke siwa kuch dikhaayi nahi deta. They belong to upper middle class family. If she had been positively wise, they would have been in much beeter condition than now. Aur bachon ki khushi chahti hai? Khud se phursad mile toh bachhe dikhaye denge na. If she doesn't want them to face the hardships she went through, so she should teach them how to be self sufficient. Preeti ko ghar ghusli banakar rakha hai. And her thoughts? Has she ever wanted to work? To earn for herself? Sundarta is the supposed USP of any body's personality. And Mami thinks her daughter is better than Suman?
And what an encouraging wife she is!

Nevertheless, I enjoy reading your posts.
Love,
Ginny

Edited by potterginny - 16 April 2016 at 12:03am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Gallant..TuMeraHero..3serialfan40indraniguptachicksoup

hanishank IF-Dazzler
hanishank
hanishank

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:12am | IP Logged
nice post Sam...
the epi was full emotional...

even I cried...first mami ji...I cannot blame whole
next nana ji...losing the hope
and sumo... situation where she is in
shravan ...helplessness
wonderful work by Cvs...

everybody has done a god job...all ekdv cast...

best epi
3serialfan40 Senior Member
3serialfan40
3serialfan40

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by potterginny

I beg to differ, Sammy.
Mami is selfish and greedy. She hasn't contributed much in the family. Looking at how Preeti is and Dabboo is mostly looked after by all, she hasn't been much in the mothering dept either.
And she is manipulative. After Khosla's first visit, she dropped all the blame on priya and washed her hands of any responsibility. Articulating her words and gauging others reactions very well. Most of her actions are very calculated and she always manages to get her name out of the tricky situation.
Shravan help karne aaya, toh ummeed dikhi aur 'ghar' par pyaar aa gaya. Ek hearing sahi nahi gayi, toh iraada phir se usi jagah aa kar atka jahan hamesha tha.
And she wants to be rich? Mehnat liye bina?
Khana banana nahi aata, yeh accept nahi karna hai isliye ghutne ka dard scene enter karta hai.
Har waqt dusro ki kamayi par jeena hai, khud ke faayde ke siwa kuch dikhaayi nahi deta. They belong to upper middle class family. If she had been positively wise, they would have been in much beeter condition than now. Aur bachon ki khushi chahti hai? Khud se phursad mile toh bachhe dikhaye denge na. If she doesn't want them to face the hardships she went through, so she should teach them how to be self sufficient. Preeti ko ghar ghusli banakar rakha hai. And her thoughts? Has she ever wanted to work? To earn for herself? Sundarta is the supposed USP of any body's personality. And Mami thinks her daughter is better than Suman?
And what an encouraging wife she is!

Nevertheless, I enjoy reading your posts.
Love,
Ginny

Completely agree with you. she will say and do whatever to make sure her end of the bargain is met. Manipulative with not a caring bone in her body. The end justifies the means for her. She is the kind of woman who would sell Nanu's house and have him live with Sumo, since she could not be bothered. She does not respect Nanu but she is afraid of him, because he was the man with the money. I doubt Nanu does not contribute to the upkeep of the house. If they truly were dependent on her she would have made him work as much as she does Sumo. Sumo pays for herself and Maasi's family clearly, and I'm sure Nanu contributes too! She is a miserable disgusting person - the character not the actress I think she is a fantastic actress she really makes you hate herWink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

potterginny

SahSah IF-Sizzlerz
SahSah
SahSah

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 1:34am | IP Logged
The epi was so good ... soul stirring one 
had me in tears which refuse to stop ... making it all so emotional 

no one really non here is wrong they have their issues and their pov all so grey and wanting better for themselves ..

she cried his heart did ... seeing her like that broke him inside and with that he will go irrational wanting to win at any cost

which might cost him her trust ..

I wanted to hug them both and tell them it will be fine 

you have summed up superbly 
MrsOmkaraOberoi IF-Rockerz
MrsOmkaraOberoi
MrsOmkaraOberoi

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Okay yes, more people who cried, I'm feeling normal again LOL. Glad to see I wasn't the only one. 
And basically a huge #YASSS to everything you said LOLHeart

Go to top