Tashan-e-Ishq
Tashan-e-Ishq

Sickle Cell Anemia - peep in to know more abut it

Misnomer IF-Dazzler
Misnomer
Misnomer

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Hi 
Since i m a biology student i decided to make this topic, Also its my moral duty to spread awareness. 
So because of some recent spoilers i decided to share some knowledge about wht sickle cell anemia is .
It is a Genetic Disorder. (Autosomal i.e. its not related to sex chromosomes )
It occurs at chromosome 11
Caused by point mutation at the 6th position of beta-haemoglobin chain .. in simple words one of the coded amino acid gets replaced which causes this disorder 
Patients with heterozygous Sickle cell have resistance to malaria especially to the sp. P.Falciparum .. which is the most dangerous type of malaria

it is commonly seen in Africa. But it can be found anywhere else in the world 

And the homozygous individuals die early .. they dont even reach their 20s
And the heterozygous individuals are only carrires and are normal otherwise. 

Acc to the spoilers kunj has sickle cell i.e. he is a homozygous SC patient and these patients die early and dont survive to this extent. So this all doesn't make any sense to me. 

In this disorder when then oxygen concentration in low the RBCs - Red blood cells change their shape to a shape sickle like .. and these sickle shaped rbcs are difficult to pass through blood vessels which can cause heart attack .. clots .. etc.. and also prone to rupture.
The changing shape of rbcs can be temporary if the oxygen levels come back to normal required in a particular duration of time.  If not then this sickle shape remains permanent  

Its a request to cvs .. If u guys dont have proper information about any medical condition then pls donot 00show it .. 

Half knowledge is always dangerous!!!!

So i hope if cvs r planing this track then they show it with accuracy and dont show it medically irrelevant. 

I hope its helpful .. 

Edited by Misnomer - 15 April 2016 at 3:12pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Twinkeskamani-WalkThatWay-SweetSauiotaDEE2803DuumpsAnisha_anitanprem_diwaniSherni_Jerry

prem_diwani IF-Rockerz
prem_diwani
prem_diwani

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Thank u for the simple yet detailed update about SA.. A layman like me understood what u said perfectly..

The cvs don't know who they r dealing with if they take too much cinematic license , we will call them out in it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Misnomer

Misnomer IF-Dazzler
Misnomer
Misnomer

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prem_diwani

Thank u for the simple yet detailed update about SA.. A layman like me understood what u said perfectly..

The cvs don't know who they r dealing with if they take too much cinematic license , we will call them out in it.
I m Glad that you understood it well .. and its a vry very short description abut the disease. But i had to simplify it. 
Thts exactly my point .. no offence but  sometimes hindi serials lack logic abut such tracks .. so i really dont wht them to show it incorrectly 
Already we have alot of lack of awareness about such things in India 
I dint want people to get this disease all wrong and make incorrect and ambiguous opinions about it.

Edited by Misnomer - 15 April 2016 at 2:54pm
Anisha_anitan IF-Rockerz
Anisha_anitan
Anisha_anitan

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
i also study biology thanks for the info, haven't done too much about sickle cell anaemia just touched upon it while studying genetics.

Misnomer

Sherni_Jerry IF-Stunnerz
Sherni_Jerry
Sherni_Jerry

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
thanks for the infos

Misnomer

docritu99 IF-Dazzler
docritu99
docritu99

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Yes up to the point and exactly correct.. M a doctor I no so much more abt it but for layman people this much info is apt..

Plus SCD people have so typical appearance ryt from there childhood and kunj doesn't even near it.. So plz don't show irrelevant things..

People used to have 4-5gm% of HB in homozygous state they used to be so pale u can't even imagine..

I see 100's of patients each day in pediatric ward

Misnomer

_SANJU IF-Sizzlerz
_SANJU
_SANJU

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
thanks for the info...
possibility that kunj could b..heterozygous??

Misnomer

Misnomer IF-Dazzler
Misnomer
Misnomer

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by docritu99

Yes up to the point and exactly correct.. M a doctor I no so much more abt it but for layman people this much info is apt..

Plus SCD people have so typical appearance ryt from there childhood and kunj doesn't even near it.. So plz don't show irrelevant things..

People used to have 4-5gm% of HB in homozygous state they used to be so pale u can't even imagine..

I see 100's of patients each day in pediatric ward
@bold thats exactly my point ! Just to come up with an interesting disorder they r showing all this. He was perfectly fine till date .. he also jumoed in the swimming pool when he didnt knew swimming. . It could have affected him then due to lack of oxygen... or when in his wedding day when yuvi tried to suffocate him in a coffin .. then it could have affected him ... there were so many super dramatic sequences which could have affected him .. but now suddenly and abruptly they r showing him having SC ... totally irrelevant. 

Go to top