Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Randeep Hooda: After 'Sarbjit', everybody thought I was an ass

touch_of_pink IF-Sizzlerz
touch_of_pink
touch_of_pink

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 12:29pm | IP Logged

Randeep Hooda: After 'Sarbjit', everybody thought I was an ass

IANS | 8 hours ago

Actor Randeep Hooda says that getting into the role of Sarabjit Singh, an Indian farmer imprisoned in Pakistan and condemned to death for terrorism, for Omung Kumar's biopic 'Sarbjit' affected him tremendously and people around him thought he was an 'ass.' "Everybody thought I was an ass... everybody around me just had enough of me... it somewhere has affected me. There is a certain sense of gloom that has come about since this movie," said Randeep at the trailer launch of the film.

"I have to keep telling myself, that 'look, you did not go through 23 years of your life in prison, you did not go through all that hardship, you did not go through solitary confinement', that is something that I have to keep reminding myself," he added.Randeep also said that the first time he heard the movie was being made was when "somebody forwarded to me an article when the real

Randeep also said that the first time he heard the movie was being made was when "somebody forwarded to me an article when the real Dalbir Kaur was saying that she would like me to play the role, and I was like 'Really!'. I then did more research and by the time I met Omung, I knew him very well". He said that Omung provided him Sarabjit's letters, pictures and video footage and they decided that Randeep should lose weight so that his "plight could come out better". He also started learning Punjabi and even arranged for a tooth mould from Canada, to show his tooth decay.

"I went through the letters, I made his thoughts mine, I made his words mine. I have written many letters, which I have not sent to Omung, which I will never send, because now I read them and I think they're too personal. I used to sit at home in the chains and lie in my bathroom for a long time, and write letters to Omung, as if he was my sister, but I would address it as Omung." "Sorry Omung, if you love me enough I will give you those letters."

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan plays the role of his sister Dalbir Kaur, who tried rigorously for his release.

Edited by touch_of_pink - 15 April 2016 at 12:29pm

cricketfan1 IF-Dazzler
cricketfan1
cricketfan1

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Its high time this actor gets paid his dues...In the movie Highway also he did such a tremendous job but its like as if he is expected to do that and someone else walked away with all the recognition...Its such an unfair industry where an actor like Randeep is relegated to supporting actor kind of roles...He is way better than all the Khans and Kumars in acting and has good looks too...Wonder why he isn't a A lister yet! :(
Anachronist IF-Stunnerz
Anachronist
Anachronist

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cricketfan1

Its high time this actor gets paid his dues...In the movie Highway also he did such a tremendous job but its like as if he is expected to do that and someone else walked away with all the recognition...Its such an unfair industry where an actor like Randeep is relegated to supporting actor kind of roles...He is way better than all the Khans and Kumars in acting and has good looks too...Wonder why he isn't a A lister yet! :(
Highway se huda ko kuch nahi mila , saara credit yeh filmy log alia ko de dia , typical of them 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Skybully

Skybully IF-Rockerz
Skybully
Skybully

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anachronist

Originally posted by cricketfan1

Highway se huda ko kuch nahi mila , saara credit yeh filmy log alia ko de dia , typical of them
it was crap.. yun bol bhai Kisiko toh kuch mila. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anachronist

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top