Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Maami & Chaachi are right? (Page 6)

3serialfan40 Senior Member
3serialfan40
3serialfan40

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PlainJane

I get your point. I even sympathize with Chachi and Mami. But, I thought it through. Somehow, I always end up with one conclusion: They are both selfish and greedy.

Chachi is manipulative. 

But, the problem is, the house is rightfully Nanu's. 

I empathize with Chachi and Mami's desire and ambition to see their kids prosper, but I hate them for putting people down and trampling on other people to achieve their ends. You want to see your kids happy, then do it fairly. Don't make others unhappy to see yourself happy. You can ask people for help, but you can't demand things that are precious to them. It's just wrong.Ouch

Yes I completely agree with you, I high lighte dthe important conclusions in your post.

Neither Chachi nor Mami have done a day's worth of work. They have lived off their husbands which is fine not everyone has to work.They claiming it is their money, is also wrong on the simple basis that if their husband's mney is theirs, than the husband's family and the problems of the family is also theirs. When it comes to the problems they conveniently distance themselves, but when it comes to the money, they claim their rights. How is that right? what was their contribution?

Mami says she has worked so hard, well clearly she has not been since Sumo grew up. She is the Malkin when it comes to claiming the money in the house but she is a nakurani when she has to work, How does that work, Bajne ke liya tera hai, toh kaam karne ke liya bhi tera hona chahiya!

As for Chhachi, Shravan said it is bad deal - so did not want to invest the money. In this case 6Cr for a share of the property that is worth 24 Cr is a good business deal. We dont know that he does not have the papers to the house now. Also Varun only made the first shipment, he did not get paid for it, let see what happens there. Also why or how would Chachi have to know. Baap=beta ke beech main baatein huyi na ? Maybe quietly kar dete toh?

One of the reasons I love this serial is that the manipulating women are loosing. I am tired of the stupid manipulations, what did either bring to the party, what are they contributing to the party - 0 & 0

Now for the legal part - 
(1) defense should have access to the results before the courts get to hear of it, After which they get to cross examine the witness - i wish they had gone there - but anyways
(2) Nanu being a lawyer did not write in his will that only after he dies the kids get heir share weird how he wrote it in their name - challo even that - maybe he got emotional and wrote it.
(3) when you sell land or house, at least in South India, you need 3 generations signatures, if it is an inheritance, technically Nanu's,  Mami generation and Sumo's generation, if anyone of them refuse to sign the deal is in jeopardy, since they can technically make that claim anytime in their life time. If Nanu was no more than his will must indicate that the property is'that of the children, often times it needs a lawyer's signature as well. Then in that case, they would be 2 generations to sign, If the kids were all dabboo's age that's the one and only time Mami, Maasi, mama and Mous acan get away with signing the deal.

Not sure if it was in this thread or some where else were SILs were cursed. Being a SIL myself I have a few words to say - Nalayaks are Nalayaks whether they are SILs or BILs. BTW SILs can also be Wife;s sisters and BILs can also be Wife's brother. If tables were turned and for whatever reason her brother or her sister needed the money would she be asking back for it? Also Sumo's mother coincidentally borrowed 25 lakhs from her and from Khosla. Perhaps she borrowed the money from Mamaji to pay off Khosla. There are so many options. Mamiji is aggressive and mean, but that does not make her right. Often times in the world mean and manipulative people bend the truth to their convenience, maybe she told her husband his sister borrowed it and she actually gave it to her sister or her brother who knows. the stupid husband is such a wus he cannot see what;s right and wrong.
That whole incident of waiting for Sumo to go to the airport was interesting in its own way. They could have left, especially if she was not answering the phone, But no they had to wait and then its Sumo's fault, does Mama know she took the money back from Sumo, was Mama there when she said "Kab dogi?" He cannot seem to distinguish right from wrong so perhaps Sumo's mom did not even borrow
 the money who knows?

BTW I love the mami's acting, she acted in Punar Vivah too. Her character was the exact opposite. I forget that character when I see her in mami;s character - Kudos to Geeta!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

indranigupta

3serialfan40
3serialfan40

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indranigupta

@Angels, it is 20 lakhs
Also, I fail to understand when Sumo's parents were constantly borrowing money from different sources, why did Mami who is definitely mean and greedy kind of person agree to their proposal. What was she standing to gain in the first place? What was Sumo's fathers business that at that point of time around 18 years ago she was willing to shell out 20 lacs. Why didnt she think about securing her and her children's future?
Exactly !!
Besides knowing her husband's capabilities, why did she have yet another kid, her son is in America, she has an older daughter, she already has one of each, why have a third one, if you cannot pay for the ones you have? Also there is a son in america, and looks like Sumo takes care of household expenses, why cannot the son help for his sister's wedding, At least uski toh shaadi nahi huyi na at least till now. So why not use his help, why sell the old man's house when you know it traumatizes him. She is doing it because she is greedy!

Edited by 3serialfan40 - 16 April 2016 at 12:33am
Danseuse Senior Member
Danseuse
Danseuse

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:35am | IP Logged

@Angels11 : Nice realistic post. In a joint family environment, these are the usual happenings. The story about Sumo's parents is yet to unfold. Nanu has full confidence in his daughter, but others don't? Why! The amount of loan being repaid by Sumo also has a story, but has not been revealed yet. Did Maami actually loan the amount of Rs 20 lacs to Priya? Again, why?

Maami was right, but so is Nanu. He is the eldest in the family and also has a legal mind, so Maami could hav been a listener. But her character is shown to be greedy and always thinking about money. She said it all when she blurted out that she wants to live a good life. Children's education and upbringing was only a ploy. She wants to get away from all this hard work and live in a mansion like a Rani. She is a selfish woman with no heart. Nanu wants to prove that his daughter is innocent, the right way. He wants to save the house. That's all.

The relationship in Sumo's family is hanging on a thread of greed and selfishness. It had to break. Shravan may not be able to do much here, but he knows that the house means a lot to Nanu and Sumo. So, he would play differently. His family is quite different. Even if Chaachi wants all for her son, it may not work out that way...because her son is like Bharat towards Ram. Loads of respect and love!

-Rekha

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

3serialfan40indranigupta

yurimehta11 IF-Dazzler
yurimehta11
yurimehta11

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:36am | IP Logged
I know I am the only one here who is saying this but I find Mami's act is extremly foolish not practical.First thing if they loss case its loss of only priya's part of property their part is still safe so no need to sell the property in haste.Second thing the person you are dealing with is changing statement and action in every now and then so how can you trust him.He can take the signed the paper and refuse to pay or say that I already paid than what will they do???Third thing no valuation from a geniune valuator and taking decision when there is no emergency .Fourth they havnt decide where they go after selling the house,what it cost to have such a big house in other area??.So in my opinion its not a practical decision but a decision taking in the greed of easy money.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

3serialfan40niara12--Amulya--indraniguptaS.Stephy

3serialfan40
3serialfan40

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angels11

I get your point. I even sympathize with Chachi and Mami. But, I thought it through. Somehow, I always end up with one conclusion: They are both selfish and greedy.

PPS: Nice post.Smile You made me think a lot. As did Chachi, Mami and the CVs.LOL

Nice point Zin. Actually i dont think Chaachi wants to grab the property. She knows that Shravan is a talented lawyer & Ramnath dotes on his son obviously. Her fear is if Shravan stays back her son ll b sidelined. I am not justifying her actions. I mean if u r talented u ll succeed but wat i am saying is that she is not evil just a normal mom. And i know ppl wont believe this but i feel she does genuinely like Shravan. Just tat she feels insecure. Prob is both maami & chachi ve kinda useless husbands, tats y i guess they go overboard in trying to bat for their kids.

Granted she is insecure, as a good parent you encourage your kids to become better. She beleives her kids are entitled to ramanth;s property since her husband helped  ramnath a long time ago. from everything that Ramanth has given Vandy and others I am sure he has repaid it and that is where the problem comes up. 
Her insecurity explains her bad behvaior, it does not justifyit or excuse her of it. Since Mahabharat it is the same story, Dratharshtra left he was entitled to the throne, was happy he finally got it and wanted it to go only to his son. he knew his son was bad, was doing bad things for Hastinapur, but he never once corrected his son. He was insecure so he created an arrogant idiot of son in Duryodhan> she is insecure so she created an arrogant idiot of son in Varun!At least Pushkar - Baap peh gaya hai! Smile

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yurimehta11

I know I am the only one here who is saying this but I find Mami's act is extremly foolish not practical.First thing if they loss case its loss of only priya's part of property their part is still safe so no need to sell the property in haste.Second thing the person you are dealing with is changing statement and action in every now and then so how can you trust him.He can take the signed the paper and refuse to pay or say that I already paid than what will they do???Third thing no valuation from a geniune valuator and taking decision when there is no emergency .Fourth they havnt decide where they go after selling the house,what it cost to have such a big house in other area??.So in my opinion its not a practical decision but a decision taking in the greed of easy money.

Your post was the most rational, cool, analytical one LOL All ur points are v valid. Even if they ve to sell they can find a more reliable buyer than Khosla. Mami in her haste to make quick bucks has lost her ability to think!

yurimehta11

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 3serialfan40

Originally posted by Angels11

PPS: Nice post.Smile You made me think a lot. As did Chachi, Mami and the CVs.LOL

Nice point Zin. Actually i dont think Chaachi wants to grab the property. She knows that Shravan is a talented lawyer & Ramnath dotes on his son obviously. Her fear is if Shravan stays back her son ll b sidelined. I am not justifying her actions. I mean if u r talented u ll succeed but wat i am saying is that she is not evil just a normal mom. And i know ppl wont believe this but i feel she does genuinely like Shravan. Just tat she feels insecure. Prob is both maami & chachi ve kinda useless husbands, tats y i guess they go overboard in trying to bat for their kids.

Granted she is insecure, as a good parent you encourage your kids to become better. She beleives her kids are entitled to ramanth;s property since her husband helped  ramnath a long time ago. from everything that Ramanth has given Vandy and others I am sure he has repaid it and that is where the problem comes up. 
Her insecurity explains her bad behvaior, it does not justifyit or excuse her of it. Since Mahabharat it is the same story, Dratharshtra left he was entitled to the throne, was happy he finally got it and wanted it to go only to his son. he knew his son was bad, was doing bad things for Hastinapur, but he never once corrected his son. He was insecure so he created an arrogant idiot of son in Duryodhan> she is insecure so she created an arrogant idiot of son in Varun!At least Pushkar - Baap peh gaya hai! Smile

Nice analogy Smile yeah its the same old story where moms know the limited capability of their sons, envy the more talented boy in the family & keep dreaming of a better life for their kids.

As i mentioned in my post I am not justifying the actions of Mami/Chachi. All I am saying is that they r not evil people who deserve to be hated. They are just normal people like u & me who r self-centered & want a better life. Of course the ways & means to achieve these goals are always suspect & debatable.

All i wanted 2 highlight is in this whole fiasco if some1 is equally or rather more responsible for this chaos its actually Suman's parents. And as a DIL the blind faith & support of Nanu ll tend to get any1's nerves. After all she did burden her old father with loans if not intentionally nevertheless her actions did cause a lot of hardships & her daughter Suman is paying the price.

Also i dont like many posts which keep saying that Mami is a freeloader & she dint contribute. Every1 including Suman has told multiple times that Mami did help & give 20-30L lakhs to pay off the debt. Everytime mami says this even Nanu doesnt shut her up so she did pay the money. So lets give her credit where its due.

Edited by Angels11 - 16 April 2016 at 1:37am
indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 2:08am | IP Logged
The reason why Mami paid 20 lacs to Sumo's parents have yet not been disclosed.. the circumstances or the reason. And if mami is being said as a freeloader its only in repect to the fact as to what has she contributed towards the upkeep of the house. She hardly does any work, all she does is to complain about her lot.
This is just my opinion. you are free to disagree. And lets just wait for Sumo's parents back story to be revealed. We will know who is a better person out hereWink

3serialfan40

Go to top