Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Maami & Chaachi are right? (Page 5)

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
@Angels, it is 20 lakhs
Also, I fail to understand when Sumo's parents were constantly borrowing money from different sources, why did Mami who is definitely mean and greedy kind of person agree to their proposal. What was she standing to gain in the first place? What was Sumo's fathers business that at that point of time around 18 years ago she was willing to shell out 20 lacs. Why didnt she think about securing her and her children's future?

Edited by indranigupta - 15 April 2016 at 10:49pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

3serialfan40

tttttt1 IF-Rockerz
tttttt1
tttttt1

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angels11

Originally posted by ttt1

In either case it's nanu and ramnath's hard earned money they are planning to spend for their children's wedding education etc ...yes legally children are the rightful owner of whatever the parents earn ,but I found it a little rude how mami was demanding nanu's hard earned money from nanu ...and this is not a one off case I think some point of time many families face it ...and like nanu most elders are made to feel that are being partial or mean and they are no more the decision authority of the same house they made over years because they are old ,that's opposite of being greatful to the same man who secured your children's future better than your husband
About suman parents being irresponsible I agree

Lets not assume that they dont contribute financially. Nanu is old & retired. Suman has started her business prob a few yrs back so its unfair to say Mama/Maami dint contribute. Also they did pay off Suman's parents loan by giving 30L. Even Suman repeats this many times. 30L in those days for a middle class family is a huge amount. And i dont agree Nanu is not respected. In all scenes Mami is clearly scared of Nanu, he is the only person who can shut her up. Also as a DIL even i w'd be frustrated with my FIL who always keeps supporting his darling daughter who took loan after loan & burdened the family. How many of the MODERN women commenting here r willing to stay in a joint family after marriage, take care of inlaws, SIL & her useless gar jamai hubby & on top of that the orphan kid of another SIL who died & dumped all her debt on them. Also aft all this Nanu again marries his 2nd daughter off to another free loader guy. Hello dint he learn any lesson with his 1st damad Ouch

Believe me i ve stayed in a joint family aft marriage & it almost broke our marriage. Indian in-laws are not easy to live with esp since i was a working woman. Even i get irritated many times when Nanu always keeps singing his daughter's praise. I mean how many times has he even appreciated his DIL. This is the story not just in the house of Tiwaris or mine but all over India. Gar ki beti can never go wrong par gar ki bahu sabi sahi nahin!
I.agree with this bit.
What I mean is ,what her entire family is trying to.do.here is secure a deal at the cost of giving.away priya's part in the property to an outsider 
Nanu is fighting that part , they any way own their part ,what they did yesterday was giving way suman's 5cr to kosla so that they can sell off their part 

Sorry for bold,some issue with my phone 

indranigupta

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
 @Angels Mami does not look after Maasi's family. They pay their own expense. Remember the scene when they were going to america. She asked money from Maasi and Maasi borrowed the money from Sumo. 
Its not that she is looking after whole lot of relatives. And did Nanu deserve this, I guess no. And neither does Sumo
I simply found it distasteful, her outburst was mean to say the least. 

3serialfan40

niara12 Senior Member
niara12
niara12

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Mami and Maasi have their own part of struggle. The hardship to grow and give a better life to their children, then by all means why they hold grudge against Suman. Nanu is only one who has considered the financial responsibility of Suman considering the upbringing, getting to school. Remember the instance when they were dividing the flight amounts, he instantly asked Maasi for her contribution and yes Naanu has been prominent lawyer and given a good education to all his children. See with the event flow if Mama doesn't afford much income then know where he would have taken Suman schooling responsibility... Mami rightly told inkhe itni kamai toh hai nahi ki woh humein priveldge life dein... Also as by know Suman has set up her business and she is repaying her Moms debt. She is contributing in daily affairs then why they wanted to burden and taunt with Priya stuff. What Khosla is demanding is very inappropriate interest amount. It can never be 4.5 crore. So for an instance even in the court proceedings goes in Khosla favor then therein they are viable to pay only 80 lakhs. mami is little greedy and self centered, she want to sell out Nanaji hard earned property and eat Sumans share as well. Mami swiftly wants to take the place of Nanu. 
Why Mami and Maasi burderened and stays with Nanu??? There are some household norms you need to follow if you're dependent on them.
I think in whole fiasco Nanu is right!!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

3serialfan40indraniguptaAngels11

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indranigupta

@Angels, it is 20 lakhs
Also, I fail to understand when Sumo's parents were constantly borrowing money from different sources, why did Mami who is definitely mean and greedy kind of person agree to their proposal. What was she standing to gain in the first place? What was Sumo's fathers business that at that point of time around 18 years ago she was willing to shell out 20 lacs. Why didnt she think about securing her and her children's future?

Nanu & co came 2 know about the loan only after the death of Suman's parents. Nanu told this in 1 of the episode how they were flabbergasted 2 find out the debts they owed. Debtors were clamouring for money. Hence their house was auctioned off & the remaining money was paid by Nanu/Mama/Mami. This is true since even Suman mentioned tis to Shravan.
Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indranigupta

@Angels Mami does not look after Maasi's family. They pay their own expense. Remember the scene when they were going to america. She asked money from Maasi and Maasi borrowed the money from Sumo. 
Its not that she is looking after whole lot of relatives. And did Nanu deserve this, I guess no. And neither does Sumo
I simply found it distasteful, her outburst was mean to say the least. 

AFAIK mausa doesnt ve any work so i still feel their contribution ll b less. And yeah i totally agree that Nanu doesnt deserve this at this old age but why blame mami when the main culprit was Suman's parents. Lets not simply sweep it under the carpet that at tis pt v dont know much of the truth. Nanu is a v honest person & he himself clearly mentioned that Suman's dad lacked business acumen & hence the debts kept mounting. If we are blaming Mami so much then should we not blame Suman's parents more. What exactly have they contributed either to Nanu or Suman? Its a difficult situation where i w'd say every1 is right frm their viewpt. Nanu & Suman r right in fighting for the house. So is Mami coz i do agree with her tat in India court cases drag for ages & ages. Only rich ppl can fight it out & obviously Khosla has all money & power Confused
Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niara12

Mami and Maasi have their own part of struggle. The hardship to grow and give a better life to their children, then by all means why they hold grudge against Suman. Nanu is only one who has considered the financial responsibility of Suman considering the upbringing, getting to school. Remember the instance when they were dividing the flight amounts, he instantly asked Maasi for her contribution and yes Naanu has been prominent lawyer and given a good education to all his children. See with the event flow if Mama doesn't afford much income then know where he would have taken Suman schooling responsibility... Mami rightly told inkhe itni kamai toh hai nahi ki woh humein priveldge life dein... Also as by know Suman has set up her business and she is repaying her Moms debt. She is contributing in daily affairs then why they wanted to burden and taunt with Priya stuff. What Khosla is demanding is very inappropriate interest amount. It can never be 4.5 crore. So for an instance even in the court proceedings goes in Khosla favor then therein they are viable to pay only 80 lakhs. mami is little greedy and self centered, she want to sell out Nanaji hard earned property and eat Sumans share as well. Mami swiftly wants to take the place of Nanu. 
Why Mami and Maasi burderened and stays with Nanu??? There are some household norms you need to follow if you're dependent on them.
I think in whole fiasco Nanu is right!!!!!

The whole prob as i see is the track record of Suman's parents. Every1 knows Khosla is unreliable. But at the same time every1 including Nanu do agree that Suman's parents did take a lot of loans. So Mami doesnt believe that the papers r fake. After all Nanu always keeps supporting his daughter. So acc to Mami he is biased so if u go by pure evidence it looks like they did take loan from Khosla. He might ve done something fraudulent but the Tiwari's family dont believe in the Indian legal system where cases drag for yrs together. Think practically. Shravan is supp 2 travel 2 London. For how long ll he stay back in India & keep fighting the case. What is being shown in the show is v realistic. In India in most of the cases ppl tend to simply take an out of court settlement with the enemy rather than trust our legal system. My own dad lost a flat in a prime location in Chennai due to this Confused
mohima369 Senior Member
mohima369
mohima369

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Well if we see from mami's point of view... she is right...She has right in that house and can actually think about selling the house for her children's betterment...
Chachi is not right...because she wants to have Ramnath's life earnings for her sons...That's not cool...So what Shravan is successful...His dad's things are his...not his cousins'...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angels11--Amulya--

Go to top