India-Forums

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Maami & Chaachi are right? (Page 4)

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
@PlainJane, you have voiced my feelings. This house belongs to nanu so it is he who should get to decide. How much have they contributed towards the upkeep of the house. And I guess nobody becomes a seravnt in one's house if they have to manage household chores. @spnfan you are right as well, they are not so poor that they couldnt once think beyond their immediate concerns. Suman is their responsibility but since the time I believe she has grown up, she has contributed towards the family expenses which I do not see Maasi doing. But her problem is with Suman.
@Angels, we still do not know the complete back story of Sumo's parents whether they were irresponsible dreamers as you say or there was something else. we still dont know why did they used to borrow money?
There are lots of skeletons in the cupboard stillWink
And the way she ranted about her family... does Sumo have a family, nope? so you go on trampling her feelings and desires. whoaAngryOuch
Chachi is mean and manipulative trying to create wedges between Shravan and his father. She is just waiting for him to leave so as to secure her own two sons future. I am sure the money belongs to Shravan's dad and here she is constantly using her foul brain to create misunderstandings. They might be realistic people but they are mean, selfish and simply useless people for me.Sleepy

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

3serialfan40Infinite_FlamePlainJaneAngels11yurimehta11

Ishqbaaz IF-Dazzler
Ishqbaaz
Ishqbaaz

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
I agree yaar... as we have said many times before that no character in this show is perfect... al have flaws and that's the beauty of the show. Yesterday after hearing Mami 's POV  I really felt a bit for her... she was correct too... She had ms really supported the family. She and Mama had given her everything... good school, hood lifestyle, independency to choose her career and not tried to get rid if her marrying her ASAP. I don't know if Manju had done that if Nanu had not been there but still she was a mother figure to her when her  stupid parents left her. She even loves Sumo... though sometimes she gets a lil greedy and snaps her but still we have seen her behave good too. As a mother she sometimes behaves wrong... and u all have to agree...bar some point of life we all have acted greedy fpr those who matter to us a lot. I still don't understand ki that mata rani guy... Nanu ne uski Shaadi karayi kyu Rachna se...when he had seen Priya's life becoming a living hell because of Neeraj then he should have been careful when choosing a hubby for second daughter. He is such a useless guy Angry
Also ur point that Shravan refusing to give money die the fear of Varun's business getting ruined but giving 6C for Suman will make anyone peeved. I agree to it a lil bit. Shravan was refusing giving money to Varun but maybe Varun had done some stupidities in business in his past. He might be worried for that... after all its his hard earned money. For Suman he could be giving money for two reasons... 1) He has some plan up his sleeve... or 2) He isn't able to find any way as if now but he cannot let the jerk Khosla have her home... her precious home. He will have to do something to have it under him before he acts upon his plan to clear Priya's name. (Coz we all know he will do that... sooner or later, but he will do it definitely) Embarrassed

Though the family may not think by Shravan's POV but the truth won't be changed na... 
Whatever... I can't wait for Monday...
This show is rocking as it's realistic and all the characters are beautifully flawed... no one is doodh ka dhoola  ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angels11

rekha.366 IF-Addictz
rekha.366
rekha.366

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Well written post angel. I can't believe I actually understand Mami point. Yeah she is greedy but I thinking she asking her money only. She is not stealing some one money. Chachi no comments I still not convinced why she hell bent on sending sravu London. If he goes London did she think all Ramanathan property goes to her sons. Then it's really kuch bhi ainvi ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angels11--Amulya--

tttttt1 IF-Rockerz
tttttt1
tttttt1

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
In either case it's nanu and ramnath's hard earned money they are planning to spend for their children's wedding education etc ...yes legally children are the rightful owner of whatever the parents earn ,but I found it a little rude how mami was demanding nanu's hard earned money from nanu ...and this is not a one off case I think some point of time many families face it ...and like nanu most elders are made to feel that are being partial or mean and they are no more the decision authority of the same house they made over years because they are old ,that's opposite of being greatful to the same man who secured your children's future better than your husband
About suman parents being irresponsible I agree

Edited by tttttt1 - 15 April 2016 at 9:58pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PlainJaneindraniguptaAngels11yurimehta11

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PlainJane

I get your point. I even sympathize with Chachi and Mami. But, I thought it through. Somehow, I always end up with one conclusion: They are both selfish and greedy.

Chachi is manipulative. Yes, she wants Varun's success and Shravan did not give the money to Varun and that irks her. But looking at it from a practical point of view. Shravan made the right choice. I would make the same choice. Yes, Chachi doesn't care about the business angle. She just wants the money. But, don't you think she has already made up her mind that Shravan is a threat to her children's happiness and prosperity? So, I sympathize with Chachi's desire for her Varun and Pushkar's prosperity but I don't like her constantly vilifying Shravan and manipulating everyone for her own ambitions.Angry

As for Mami, yes it is very practical of her. Indian courts mein log khatam ho jaate hai par case nahin. So, why not just get the money and dump the legal battle?

But, the problem is, the house is rightfully Nanu's. As such, I believe it is Nanu who gets to decide what to do with it. If he doesn't want to sell it, then the remaining Tiwaris should honor it. Nanu made it with his own pasine ke kamaai. What did Mami contribute to the house, except doing household chores, that too with a grudge.

As for looking after Suman, Nanu brought Sumo home and her mamu took her responsibility without being forced. He made the choice willingly. Mami did accept her in "her" home but she always let Suman know that she was an outsider and they were doing an ehsaan on her. To mami, Sumo is and will always remain an outsider. Sumo is living in her blood relative's house but Mami treats her like a second-class citizen.Ouch As for Sumo's mother's loan, that was related to Sumo's mother not Sumo herself. Angry

I empathize with Chachi and Mami's desire and ambition to see their kids prosper, but I hate them for putting people down and trampling on other people to achieve their ends. You want to see your kids happy, then do it fairly. Don't make others unhappy to see yourself happy. You can ask people for help, but you can't demand things that are precious to them. It's just wrong.Ouch

PS: I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. This is just my opinion. A person who is the rightful owner of a property should get to decide what he wants to do with it. No other person, even if they are the heirs to that property to get to decide what happens to the property if the rightful owner is still alive and kicking.

PPS: Nice post.Smile You made me think a lot. As did Chachi, Mami and the CVs.LOL

Nice point Zin. Actually i dont think Chaachi wants to grab the property. She knows that Shravan is a talented lawyer & Ramnath dotes on his son obviously. Her fear is if Shravan stays back her son ll b sidelined. I am not justifying her actions. I mean if u r talented u ll succeed but wat i am saying is that she is not evil just a normal mom. And i know ppl wont believe this but i feel she does genuinely like Shravan. Just tat she feels insecure. Prob is both maami & chachi ve kinda useless husbands, tats y i guess they go overboard in trying to bat for their kids.

3serialfan40PlainJane

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by S.Stephy

I agree with this. Mami has a point in what she says. After all, they did lend 20 lakhs to Suman's mom in time of need. And this is no small amount for a middle class family like them; we don't know what all mami had to sacrifice for this. Her taunting Suman all the time about the loan is where she is wrong because it was Suman's mom who took the loan and Suman is in no way responsible for this. But I completely get where she comes from in wanting to sell the house. It rightfully belongs to them. They are simple people who don't want to indulge in court cases or go against someone like Khosla. And they are not even 100% sure whether Priya did take loan from Khosla or not. So for them selling the house seems like a good option and they are not wrong from their POV.

Actually its 30L not 20L, amount is even higher LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

S.Stephy

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by spnfan

I don't thinj maama and Maami is so poor that they cannot marry of pretty to a decent household or give dabbo a good education... Also its dabbo's duty to study well and become a pilot. . Also if he is wanting to be in airforce then Maami dont even need to spend a penny on him.. You get into defense with written exams and your caliber not by the size.of.your parents pocket... 
They are capable enough to go tp america for vaccations and also capable enough to pay for maasi and her husband... 
Maami is speaking like they come from a below average household... They leave at a house.which.is worth more than 20crore thay too in a city like Delhi... 
Also if they are so poor why dont she think of getting preeti a job than dreaming of marrying her off.. She is younger than sumo... 
Also ypu dobt become a servant if you work in your own.house... The only.time we.have seen her do a work is when naanu made her clean the house.. Otherwise she and Maami gives all their work to suman.. Maasi still does.some work.. All Maami does is give her part of th work to suman.or maasi... Also.after.naanu she has the power to control everyone in the house so on what basis is.she saying that she is treated.like a.servant... 

Chachi can.be justified if her sons.will end.up getting nothing but thats not the case... She wants to kick shravan out completely and give everything to her own sons... She is completely overlooking the fact that whatever they are now is due to shravan's father so naturly shravan will have more.rights on the law firm or their property.. She clearly wants to take away everything which is rightfully shravan's... If she wants pushkar to have equal.shares as shravan in the law firm then.it can be justified since pushkar worked for the firm more.than.shravan.. But she wants everything... She has.no right to eye on ramnath's property... That solely belongs.to shravan not her sons especially varun... 

They r not poor but neither r they well off. Reg marrying off Preeti believe me every indian mother thinks this way LOL Here in India even if the girl is educated & earning the family still needs to waste lakhs & lakhs of money on jewels, dowry & wedding ceremony Ouch Reg slaving around the house do u think a 6 yr old Sumo would have done house hold work. No Maami only w'd ve done the work. Now that Suman is grown up Maami has dumped the work on her. BTW no1 is forcing Suman. She does it herself since she feels obligated to the family Cry
Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ttt1

In either case it's nanu and ramnath's hard earned money they are planning to spend for their children's wedding education etc ...yes legally children are the rightful owner of whatever the parents earn ,but I found it a little rude how mami was demanding nanu's hard earned money from nanu ...and this is not a one off case I think some point of time many families face it ...and like nanu most elders are made to feel that are being partial or mean and they are no more the decision authority of the same house they made over years because they are old ,that's opposite of being greatful to the same man who secured your children's future better than your husband
About suman parents being irresponsible I agree

Lets not assume that they dont contribute financially. Nanu is old & retired. Suman has started her business prob a few yrs back so its unfair to say Mama/Maami dint contribute. Also they did pay off Suman's parents loan by giving 30L. Even Suman repeats this many times. 30L in those days for a middle class family is a huge amount. And i dont agree Nanu is not respected. In all scenes Mami is clearly scared of Nanu, he is the only person who can shut her up. Also as a DIL even i w'd be frustrated with my FIL who always keeps supporting his darling daughter who took loan after loan & burdened the family. How many of the MODERN women commenting here r willing to stay in a joint family after marriage, take care of inlaws, SIL & her useless gar jamai hubby & on top of that the orphan kid of another SIL who died & dumped all her debt on them. Also aft all this Nanu again marries his 2nd daughter off to another free loader guy. Hello dint he learn any lesson with his 1st damad Ouch

Believe me i ve stayed in a joint family aft marriage & it almost broke our marriage. Indian in-laws are not easy to live with esp since i was a working woman. Even i get irritated many times when Nanu always keeps singing his daughter's praise. I mean how many times has he even appreciated his DIL. This is the story not just in the house of Tiwaris or mine but all over India. Gar ki beti can never go wrong par gar ki bahu sabi sahi nahin!

gaya_subJustforUpdates

Go to top