Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

What a Shame ! Hollywood' TJB kicks ass out of bolly films in a week (Page 2)

AllBlacks1 IF-Sizzlerz
AllBlacks1
AllBlacks1

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:31am | IP Logged
This is not the first movie, but also FEW selected ones doing increasingly well in India. Guess what? B4 this numbers rise up at the level where our superstars-BW or local- feel the heat if they r not already, its a wake up call for entire BW.

The worldwide success for BW big movies is where desis live in numbers and in love of BW for whatever reasons and the market is not steady. The gross numbers for BW movies overseas r illusive as time n again proved that Indian film makers take all India Hit anyday over semihit in India-superhit overseas... reason being, Limited market in numbers of prints being distributed and distributor's share in overseas market. Not much money gets back to India. And Its a smoke screen to feed some big name egos to survive by saying blockbuster overseas.. when they know what BB overseas means is a billion dollars business. 

The difference between BW overseas hits to HW Indian Hits is... our overseas hits r worth z-grade HW movie that makes to theatres (ok exegeration) whereas HW hits in India r on par with our biggies already. Shocked

Its ok if its just a FEW movies (say 4 in whole year) but if its one every month, its a concern. The day is not far. 

And I say YES, bring on the healthy competition. I would be very unhappy if Indian film industries call for a ban on HW movies coz "we" r suffering. Hope not. Lets take the challenge head on. 

If out of 300 movies we produce, we can cater for all India in 290 movies, can we make the 10 that r world class? Budget notwithstanding. 

Edited by AllBlacks1 - 16 April 2016 at 3:34am

Dark_Phoenix Goldie
Dark_Phoenix
Dark_Phoenix

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 5:36am | IP Logged
why r u complaining dude...INDIA watches BAALVEER

ROFL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Mutant_n_Proudcolossial2015RheaSinghTheRager

cpatel90 Senior Member
cpatel90
cpatel90

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 5:59am | IP Logged
I think it's wrong to compare.
The Jungle Book is whole different thing, people are so much connected with the story and the characters. Above that it's well made. It's probably going to be the biggest Hollywood hit in India.

Not all Hollywood animation film works(BTW, TJB can't be called an animation film). Even though SRK lent his voice, Mr.Incredible didn't perform so well. Look at the business done by Kung FU Panda, it doesn't stand anywhere close to TJB. Captain America(of course it's not animated) is coming too, but it won't do as good as TJB.

So, it depends upon what kind of film is it. Aladdin, Lion King may perform as good as TJB but not all animated films can, even great ones.

If Bollywood could've made the same TJB, it would have crossed 100 crore in the three days may be more. But we still lack technology to do so.
colossial2015 Goldie
colossial2015
colossial2015

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vissh_Kanya

ROFL
ROFL true and it has a very high trp too

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mutant_n_Proud

colossial2015 Goldie
colossial2015
colossial2015

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:46am | IP Logged

The Jungle Book means childhood to me with great story, charecters and cartoons, not some random cockroaches and robots. I am looking forward to the Jungle Book.

FleurBleue IF-Stunnerz
FleurBleue
FleurBleue

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:50am | IP Logged
The quality varies a LOT.

Simple!
Mutant_n_Proud Groupbie
Mutant_n_Proud
Mutant_n_Proud

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vissh_Kanya

ROFL

damn this had me burst into laughter...thanks for cracking me up LOLLOLLOL
theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:06am | IP Logged
i talk about that few days ago the film beat all hindi film for the so called youth actor (next superstar ) and will cross airflit if continue this strong collection
imagine that ROFL

Go to top