Siya Ke Ram

Only a king knows how difficult to take decision shatrughnan

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I loved shatrughnan kirti dialogue of today. The pain of shatrughnan that in the name of rajdharma he did injustice. The awareness even after serving punishment that girl will not be spared by society. Rajdharma always question the woman. How beautiful. Isn't true even today. Tradition demands compliance by woman. But it fixes no accountability on man.and the last dialogue was the beauty. It was inline with my analysis of Wed.that he fears a big sacrifice only make people open their eyes and again the fear what will be that sacrifice. Key difference between dasrath and shatrughnan is that dasrath sees such decision as part of tradition. Shatrughnan does it but he wants to change such raj dharma that sits on his conscience .point the need for change will bring in change  Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shruthi I too loved Shatrugan and Kirti's conversation today. My pet peeve has always been the same ;why does the law of the land always favor a man more than a woman? I have mentioned before that while Mithila is what our society should be and can be...Ayodhya is representative of our modern society as it is today. We do know now the destruction these rules and laws brought in the lives of Ram and Sita and  even Draupadi too, even that has not spurred us to bring about a change in the inequality and prejudice that infests our society even today, sad isn't it? Every day I read the world news with the hope that there is no mention of any crime against a woman...but it has not come ...yet!
Savita
sshirley thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well said Shruthi.. that scene was sheer brilliance.. Shatrughun's dilemma was well presented and the tark-vitark, or rather the discussion between S & K was depicted perfectly.     

as someone pointed out yesterday in loops thread, praja's morale is already low due to the recent happenings and Shatrughun's footing is already on  a v. lose ground as far as praja'a trust is concerned.. so even though he knows the need for a change, he's simply in no position to initiate it himself, at least at this point.   
sshirley thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
one thing I love about skr is that it doesn't try to depreciate other character to elevate the lead character onto the highest pedestal..

today we got to see that Shatrughun's thinking and sanskars/values and innate sense of justice is no less than ram.. kudos to cvs for this aspect 

vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very true ! The  conversation between Shatrughan and  shuthkirti was very good.
He did have a dilemma before pronouncing the decision the other day . He does feel the depth of injustice that exists in the system and is worried about the future possible consequences that will arise.

I did initially think Shatrughan was more like dasharath but today they did show the difference ( in the way he looks at raj dharma not in total acceptance ).

Edited by vipraja26 - 8 years ago
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Shruthi, today shatrughna made me 👏
The scene was an exception. Best of SK till date... 

Along with shatrughna I loved the support kirti gave him.. 

From the episode on Wed, I was waiting for the realization of shatrughna... And I knew it will come early.. 

Today it is fear... Tomorrow it will be guilt... 

Aj humne ek asahaay pita ki haay li hai.. 

Now I really want to c how does shatrughna does the "pehel" of change. By shruthkirti's words, jitna samay lage lagne do... 

And juz after that shatrughna's fear of the sacrifice... 

I think till shatrughna reaches the solution it will be too late... 

The scene was overwhelming... Especially the dialogues... 
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
you see this divide between man & woman exists till even today. In Ramayan this divide was a lesson for future generations  how it can destroy families but instead of learning the lesson people still use that as an example for their behaviour with women. 
even i loved shatrugan today. His worry that someone will pay a price for this divide, his dilemma.the actor is improving with each scene. 
Edited by naq5 - 8 years ago
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree. The dialogue was beautiful. 
As Shathrugan said, people always find fault with women. But that also means, that he too had chosen that path (not blaming him but according to this story, yes, he too had chosen this path). 

I wonder if any of the four brothers would have been bold enough to punish the husband as well for not trusting the wife and coolly say that if the woman is to be punished, the man should be punished as well and give him a worse sentence. 

If people couldn't accept Sita's trial by fire due to the only witnesses being monkeys and demons, then Ram's victory over Ravana shouldn't be accepted as well. Why was only his victory accepted and not her trial - totally doesn't make sense and no one bold enough to bring forth this reasoning. I agree that Sita's exile was one of the ways of adhering to rules in a way but that doesn't mean it was the only way. I am not blaming Rama in any way, I perfectly understand why he did what he did and the way of Dwapar Yuga was such that he had to follow this path and his duty to his country occupied a much bigger place than his duty as a husband which is considered a personal/selfish thing for a king. 

From Sathya Yuga to Dwapar Yuga, the way a woman is treated has deteriorated exponentially. 

Sita was exiled, Amba who asked for justice was thrown out by everyone, Draupadi insulted terribly... I wonder what it would be in Kali Yuga... 

With this story line, its going to be really hard for Shathrugan when Sita's exile comes about... 
ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shruthiravi

I loved shatrughnan kirti dialogue of today. The pain of shatrughnan that in the name of rajdharma he did injustice. The awareness even after serving punishment that girl will not be spared by society. Rajdharma always question the woman. How beautiful. Isn't true even today. Tradition demands compliance by woman. But it fixes no accountability on man.and the last dialogue was the beauty. It was inline with my analysis of Wed.that he fears a big sacrifice only make people open their eyes and again the fear what will be that sacrifice. Key difference between dasrath and shatrughnan is that dasrath sees such decision as part of tradition. Shatrughnan does it but he wants to change such raj dharma that sits on his conscience .point the need for change will bring in change 

Shurthi,  Nice +valid point, Shatrughnan , raised. Maybee then acc to Rajdharma, punishment given to that Girl,

But , Fight start inner shatrughan, some  going wrong,...is punishment finish here, whats its long effects. 
its difference between Dashrath, +Shatru, or he not getting satisfaction, after giving judjement

When we start to think,some going wrong, which troubling, means, new generation thoughts, wants ,
balance between, Rajdharma +tradtions.

sure if shatru start to thinking, others new generation also start to think then, or this is necessary element, necessary fire,  changing , traditions. maybee time will took less or more, at-least, thoughts start to ques in persons inner.  Thoughts becomes key of New changing,s.

or its very essential element.. 

Edited by ayushimehra - 8 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Fantastic Shruthi 👏👏
I agree. Compliance of a woman is still prevalent. I still know some people in my family who are astonished by the freedom my parents have given me. They think I am a crazy girl to raise questions, and to give deep, profound thoughts. They say only this: "You are a woman. You can't raise questions like that. You will depend on a man. You have to be obedient and submissive to him, etc"
I, being the 'rebel' don't agree. I may be a woman, and yes, when I marry, I will have to adjust and live properly with my husband, in-laws, etc. That doesn't mean I have to be submissive in all situations. I have to look at every situation, and then act accordingly. As Mili and I always say, balance is the key! 
For me, it's just sad that people always expect women to submit to their will, each and every time.

Lord Vishnu knew the importance of women. He always made a woman the catalyst for destruction of evil to be brought about, whether be it Sita or Draupadi.