India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

was khushi a glorified maid in RM?

JaiJaiIraniMata IF-Rockerz
JaiJaiIraniMata
JaiJaiIraniMata

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:16am | IP Logged
I remember this piece of criticism by a non fan when the khushi teaching lavanya track had started..khushi could be seen serving tea to everybody,serving whatever it is that needed to be served..while the one who actually needed to be taught used to leisurely sit with everybody..now serving to ur elders isn't wrong but khushi was there as a teacher..is that how we behave with the teachers who come to our house to teach our kids,our siblings or us?

sorry..i just have a lot of free time LOL

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

HugeArshiFangurukhushlovebadhanatheenz95Savera84dis_arshifarheen75stg1gmsk

farheen75 IF-Rockerz
farheen75
farheen75

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Khushi was a lot of things which shouldn't need to be. For example, a clown to make everybody happy, anjilli's guardian angel since anjilli though older than her, always acted like a baby, who needed constant mollycoddling, Payal never bothered to work to earn money and it was always khushi's responsibility to worry abt the money matters, a punching bag for Arnav, so whenever he felt angry at anybody he could take it out on khushi. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

1likeNoOtherpondererinlovewithtvknitrit95priyatnl.SirenMitrazaniaxJaiJaiIraniMataanjs

JaiJaiIraniMata IF-Rockerz
JaiJaiIraniMata
JaiJaiIraniMata

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
ahh yes arnav's punching bag..isn't that true for all indian tv heroines?..the worst was arnav lashing out at her after she had put her life in danger to save him..again the lashing out was because anjali was such a pain in the ass..bleh!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

1likeNoOthernitrit95dis_arshifarheen75

ranogill IF-Sizzlerz
ranogill
ranogill

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
Still we are mad for her, because she was caring and daring and beautiful and RM's elder son was in love with her even though he wanted to run away from her

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

priyatnl.nitrit95JaiJaiIraniMataanjs

anjs IF-Sizzlerz
anjs
anjs

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
though it was wrong to make her do so, it looked like a daughter-in-law helping out in housely duties...and thats how i looked at it...
For me Lavanya was always an outsider, who knew nothing about the house, but Khushi the integral part, who had a right to do everything...even go in the kitchen and cook...

trust me, when i visit my friends, i dont like to sit, If i do, that is when i feel like a guest...when i feel close enough to the family, i help out in kitchen...its not at all like a maid.

So for me, Khushi moving around in Shantivan, that is Arnav's palace, is like owning his house...and La sitting around, is like a guest.

Edited by anjs - 15 April 2016 at 10:18pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kushi0006os112801priyatnl.ifsaal044stg1JaiJaiIraniMata

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Yea those were my least fav times of IPK.
But in retrospect, its her traditions that La had to learn from. So doing all the duties of a DIL was part of it. Since La wasnt so cooperative in the beginning it felt like she was a personal maid for them.. But soon after she was an ally to Khushi, she did some tasks too. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JaiJaiIraniMatastg1

h-arshi89 Goldie
h-arshi89
h-arshi89

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 5:43am | IP Logged
she made tea, served food. but at that time, I did not have any complaints. coz, no one in the family treated her so. but the problem started only after kidnapping track. there I surely felt like she is treated as maid and Anjali as u know, rani sahiba...Angry

but that's what khushi is...
that is the reason we fell in love with her. she takes care of every one, a responsible daughter for guptas who earned for them during hard times. I felt annoyed when buaji asked her to stay at home and criticized her that she is leaving when her father is ill. who will give the needed money for them if she sits at home?

she is a dutiful daughter in law. she always performed her duties, though she don't know the future of her marriage and how many days she can stay as a daughter in law in that house. she took every criticism that family had thrown at her face regarding Anjali's condition, yet she never complained. coz, at the end she don't want to hurt any one and she loves every one whole heartedly. not like AnjaliAngry, who can only show love in words, but never in actions. oh!!! I don't even want to start with Anjali...AngryAngryAngry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saga_twilightJaiJaiIraniMatastg1

zaniax IF-Rockerz
zaniax
zaniax

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:10am | IP Logged
That's an understatement..certain maids also get more respect than Khushi did. And It's not abt doing household chores, but the injustice towards her character rite from the beginning, where she became everyone's punching bag even after the misunderstanding track.To make matters worse Arnav called her the biggest mistake Angry..at times i wondered if he REALLY loves her? Confused
On the other hand Anjali got the royal treatment and the best wardrobe ofcourse! Now I understand why the serial was initially named "Di Ki Saut". 
@Topicmaker..Thanks for this thread. I rarely comment but couldn't resist here..just HAD to get it out of my systemLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ItsfloraJaiJaiIraniMatafarheen75

Go to top