Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 99)

.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Ahhh... Reading the stuff that very neutral and fair ppl come up with is always amusing.. Neutrality andfairness tou chalak rai hajLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

I am just too Overwhelmed. Fan is an experience.

I don't understand BO or care for it much but this is one film which will continue adding to it's value and legacy with each passing year. It's not an easy movie. Probably one of the toughest ever in recent years. Literally is an off-beat movie with meta as the core context. I don't know how many people will understand the meta but it's a really really intelligent movie. it's one of those movies which would evoke either mixed reactions  or a sense of greatness depending on how much the viewer takes to the concept. Some might not even get it.

And truly, nobody but SRK could have done this.  It runs the risk of movie being an ego-trip, in many ways it might be too. But the way he deconstructs the superstar and the fan makes it much more than that.
He is not just the perfect "Actor" to pull this off but also the only "Superstar" who can gamble this way. You would have needed either the Khans or AB Sr for this concept and none but SRK could have pulled it off because of his bravery, smugness or whatever you might call it.  I just don't see any other actor staking claim of their stardom and risking it this way. Bravo, SRK. Thats how you make a comeback. He literally has changed the game with Fan.

Aryan- By far the toughest role in comparison and honestly I don't see any Actor doing it. It's so not easy to not just let the meta be so close to reality. Somethings, some dialogues and events are so close to SRk the real Superstar , that fine line of not overplaying in indulgence and setting aside boundaries between Aryan and SRk, himself - Jeez, SRk owned the film with this role for me. It's such a startling take in a Superstar's life, the insecurities- that scene in the empty theater was love - the emotion there. The shaadi jibe , so many other scenes it just is so brave. I mean here is probably one of the biggest Superstar of the world and he is taking the risk of not just offending the "Stans" but also making himself seem so vulnerable/flawed not at a personal level but as a Superstar . His relationship and take on fans and fame. Very Very interesting role . 

@bold: Yes! Right when the movie ended, my first thought was 'People aren't gonna like being shown the mirror.' All of us at some point have been invested in a fandom or part of the fandom culture and being SHOWN the extreme repercussions of that in movie, through the words mouthed by a superstar...it's a thinking moment. And not because everyone needs it or everyone is a Gaurav Chandana...the movie's message stays with you and makes you think of so many things...how much is enough, is any worth it, when you look up to people are you actually inspired to do something or do you just bask in their success and happiness as your own? SO meta on the relationship between many fans-fandoms/superstars/celebs! And I don't want to say it...but damn, I do wonder if the average person going to watch movies wants all THEIR vulnerabilities or psyche laid out like the superstar and fan have theirs laid out in the movie.

Also, it's very true that only SRK could have done this movie. The other Khans don't have the 'classic' mannerisms and visual legacy to make both parts believable...and that leaves only Amitabh, but he could not have done the 20 something year old's role.

Edited by kabeeraspeaking - 16 April 2016 at 8:21am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89drummedupRainbowPearls-RaeesRiks-TheekThaakSri-RangrybreadanitaraniqazplmcharminggenieAS-RifiTheRager-DZ-

U_R_MY_BITCH IF-Rockerz
U_R_MY_BITCH
U_R_MY_BITCH

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:49am | IP Logged
I don't wanna live in a world where Datto is considered A and Gaurav A+. That is not acceptable not at all.
charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

@bold: Yes! Right when the movie ended, my first thought was 'People aren't gonna like being shown the mirror.' All of us at some point have been invested in a fandom or part of the fandom culture and being SHOWN the extreme repercussions of that in movie, through the words mouthed by a superstar...it's a thinking moment. And not because everyone needs it or everyone is a Gaurav Chandana...the movie's message stays with you and makes you think of so many things...how much is enough, is any worth it, when you look up to people are you actually inspired to do something or do you just bask in their success and happiness as your own? SO meta on the relationship between many fans-fandoms/superstars/celebs! And I don't want to say it...but damn, I do wonder if the average person going to watch movies wants all THEIR vulnerabilities or psyche laid out like the superstar and fan have theirs laid out in the movie.

Also, it's very true that only SRK could have done this movie. The other Khans don't have the 'classic' mannerisms and visual legacy to make both parts believable...and that leaves only Amitabh, but he could not have done the 20 something year old's role.

There might be many who won't get the real thriller element of this movie. it's dark. It's not your usual whodunit or a Darr type template. it's essentially SRk in many ways having a conversation with his audience , probably why he wins over . Circumstances doesn't really matter, but he is discussing fans, himself (through Aryan) and this equation. 
Gaurav reminded me of that Sachin fan who attends his every match. He would travel everywhere, struggle to get visas , gave up on his family - cannot recall his name but that sort of reverence is very real.

Deffo , this movie is super meta. Like just few days back people were trolling Anusha for Virat, this sns generation and then these fan wars , such a honest take. It can be uncomfortable movie and probably doesn't become one as SRK really plays both roles so well and the end is just so open ended. This equation cannot be stated. 

Amitabh has the legacy but then again, I don't know if he is brave enough to play with his stardom the way SRK did. Shah literally put his superstardom on the table and lets viewers make an opinion of it. The Meta. Very Brave.

the real thrilling aspect is how SRk effs up our head. LOL

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89RainbowPearlsdrummedup-RaeesRiks-TheekThaak.Screwtape.angrybreadanitaranikabeeraspeakingqazplmAS-RifiTheRager-DZ-

khoslakadhokla IF-Rockerz
khoslakadhokla
khoslakadhokla

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Heyloou people! Cool
As the days go by, I just can't keep my excitement. Can't wait till I watch my Shah onscreen...my jaanulicious! Embarrassed
And on top of that, you guys have been giving such detailed analysis/reviews...so want to join the discussion/read the full reviews but I've to hold back till I watch it.

Anyways, Shah will be live on Fame at 8 pm, IST. 
Link:  https://fame.live/video/beam/241972

I don't think I'll be able to watch, but those of you who want to discuss the movie with him go at it. Thumbs Up

Edited by khoslakadhokla - 16 April 2016 at 7:53am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89RainbowPearlsanitarani.Screwtape.angrybreadcharminggenieAS-RifiTheRager-DZ-

ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:55am | IP Logged
But that joker G needs a vfx...lol
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Another thing I wanted to say is how some (in)famous SRK bashers on this forum are coming up with reviews either their own or from their friends or family and the common refrain is how they feel sad for SRK fans because he mocked his fans. My dear if you actually thought SRK mocked his fans or for the matter the fictional fan in the film you certainly havent seen or understood the film even at a superficial level. Its funny to see the insecurity of people belonging to certain rival fan groups that you have to go this this extent to take digs at a rival fangroup despite being fans of stars who are apparently doing better atm. 

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

--love--Madame_89RainbowPearls-MrsJonSnow-drummedup-RaeesRiks-khoslakadhoklaMrsChandlerBingTheekThaakSri-Ranitarani.Screwtape.angrybreadkabeeraspeakingqazplm.rasgulla.charminggenieAS-Rifi-DZ-

ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GERUA

AB
i guess people love to repeat some things for srk u know Tongue
wonder if they will love the same treatment back Wink

is this ur review on fan...lol

Go to top