Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
Not to be taken seriously but I need to kill time😆 I repeat not reliable at all😆

Nyt shows hv gone ROCK SOLID for #Fan.. Very very Good... @iamsrk... Now late nyt phase Begins...

Eve, Late Eve hv gone 17% more as ystrday in Bengal, all India aprx 20% Increase... #Fan @iamsrk

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

I feel @iamsrk s #FAN is one of his best work till date..much awaited..can't wait to see it..#super excited..#respect

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: humanspirit

Sounds almost childish. Anyway people are crazy about BO numbers. Jungle book is sure to beat airlift BO. Thats making them insecure too. Man why so much craze about BO. I wish BO numbers were not known like in the days of ddlj and hahk. Just enjoy the movie, stop worrying about numbers. Thats makers' job, not fans'.

Exactly.. I dont get this craze of BO among fans.. inko thori milne hain paise.. Who cares.. Even if TJB crosses Airlift, that will not take away the fact that it was a greatly appreciated film.. BO numbers should be headache of producers not of fans.. Twitter has seriously made movies so business like, it is irritating🥱
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

FAN Saturday (Day 2) Box Office Collection: Evening Update

4 hours ago
2 min read

7:30PM Evening Update: FAN has picked up at multiplexes in the evening on Saturday. Since the film is not performing at smaller centres and single-screens, it needed a big jump at multiplexes, which hasn't come as of 6PM in the evening. Unless business escalates quite significantly in the night, the film is looking at a drop of around 5-10% on Saturday, which would mean Day 2 total of around 17-18 crore net.

There were two IPL matches today, one at 4PM and the other at 8PM. It remains to be seen what sort of impact it has had and will have on business today.

Morning Update: Shah Rukh Khan's FAN has taken a slower start on Saturday morning as compared to the occupancy for the morning shows on Friday. This is normal for a film featuring SRK in the lead, because a lot of people watch his films first day first show' on the day of release.

The average occupancy at multiplexes on Saturday morning is about 15-20% lower than Friday (which was a partial holiday for Ram Navami). The evening / night shows on Saturday will be crucial, because it's for these shows that multiplex business peaks.

For FAN, multiplex business at cities has become even more important because mass centres and single-screens are not performing due to lack of appeal (no songs, no leading lady etc). The reports from smaller centres aren't very positive either. So the fate of the film is dependent on a good hold on Saturday and big growth on Sunday.

FAN will also be competing with the The Jungle Book' which is on a phenomenal record-breaking run at the Indian box office. The film has already collected Rs 83 crore in 8 days and should cross the 100 crore mark by the end of its second weekend. The Jungle Book' is also likely to become the highest grosser of the year, ahead of an acclaimed multiplex film like Airlift' which did business of Rs 128 crore net.

FacebookTwitter
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
As per the early estimates Fan 2nd day box office collection is approximately in the range of 17-18 crore. This is a 10% drop from yesterday which is a decent number as Friday was a holiday at most of places. The overall occupancy in the morning shows was 40% which was less than yesterday. It showed growth in the evening and recorded the same occupancy as yesterday. The advance booking was terrific at multiplexeswhich helpedFan 2nd day collection to increase further.

West Bengal was again the best performing circuit even though it was super solid on Friday too. There was growth reported in Delhi where the film has been liked. The Mumbai was in the similar range as yesterday. But there were considerable drops in mass circuits which was feared earlier too. The film got the opening due to the presence of Shahrukh Khan but could not hold that well as the content was more urban friendly.

Fan box office collection in 2 days will be over 36 crores. It may seems a good result but still Fan Saturday collection should have been better. Now Fan has to show huge growth on Sunday. The advance booking is good but the reports from single screens are mixed. So if these circuits did not pick up then metros have to drive the film forward.

The film has performed extremely well in overseas.Fan collection in overseas is 17.93 crore with some territories yet to be reported. It has set the highest opening day record of 2016 in overseas. Shah Rukh Khan, who came back with a negative role after a long time, was also praised by the critics and film fraternity for his performance as fan Gaurav and superstar Aryan Khanna in the film directed by Maneesh Sharma.

Fan Saturday Collection (2nd Day)

17-18 Crores

bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Sachiin Joshi @sachiinjoshi 3m3 minutes ago

I saw the film #fan yesterday..@iamsrk has set such high standard of acting with this film,it's nearly impossible for anyone to overcome..

Sachiin Joshi @sachiinjoshi Apr 15

I feel @iamsrk s #fan is one of his best work till date..much awaited..can't wait to see it..#super excited..#respect

Sachiin Joshi @sachiinjoshi 4m4 minutes ago

#respect @iamsrk #proud of him..proud to have a friend like him,get to learn so much always

Edited by GERUA - 8 years ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Malika

I watched the movie today and to be very honest it is not everybody's cup of tea to watch a movie like this. SRK is undoubtedly fab. We can only wonder how much hardwork he would have put to to play Aryan and Gaurav so effortlessly. Specially the scenes in which you see Gaurav and Aryans face offs, its really amazing knowing SRK has done both the parts. So hats off to them for that. 

*potential spoilers*

But apart from that nothing stood out in the movie. The story is pretty predictable and climax very depressing. It leaves you with a bad feeling inside. Rather than feeling sorry for Gaurav you feel sorry for Aryan. I think what doesn't work in favor of the movie is overdose of SRK (tbh I cant even stand so much of my all time favourite HR, in case he did a movie like this)...its too much of srk in every frame. No heroine, no songs, no side actors. Its like at one point you feel intimidated. And I heard many people saying that, its an overdose of srk. 

Apart from that it would have been more interesting if rather than showing Aryan as stark positive and Gaurav as psycho they have shown shades of grey in both, and shown how the two help each other over come their daemons. Then it would have really given worth and value to the relationship of star and fan. But alas the movie just focuses too much on Aryans goodness as if stars dont have any flaws. 

Anyways still I would wish it works for SRK and his fans as he has put in lot of hardwork. Otherwise the film is too heady(een too boring in some parts) for a non-SRK fan. 

You're right it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
And I agree with the end to some extent, it was very emotional and yes you feel really bad for Aryan in the end.
That's why although I'm absolutely against the suicide but at same time, I was relieved that he didn't die in the hands of idol.
It wld've been way too depressing.
And it had to end that way, Gaurav was indeed mentally ill and everything he just went through, going from seedha saadha normal guy to failing in everyone's eyes in the end that wldnt have been easy to come over, he wasn't strong enough otherwise it wld never come to that in the first place, he wld have just went back to delhi and forgot about Aryan when broke his heart.
So we have to take the characterism in mind when we talking about the movie.
The character was build up like that.

Now the part you mentioned them helping each other over come their daemons, well, then the movie wldnt be the same.
It wldnt be different from any other BW movie where reality always takes a back seat, this movie's propose was entirely something else and until one understands that then they won't get the movie.
So many people can related to it or to reality and that's it's value 
Fan wasn't your typical where you go when you wanna escape reality, it's facing the reality itself. 
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

What even?😕😆

RanaAyyub

When the #FAN does a better job than his icon, you know its a feat few actors can boast of. Take a bow Khan, hum fan ho gaye :) @iamsrk

.@RanaAyyub @iamsrk Sir, take a bow, we will give you arrow, aage kya karna hai aapko toh pata hai

Edited by yamyam - 8 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

SRK's best act ever, bigger and better than all other roles CDI or Swades or Darr or baazigar#FAN

I have heard several people say that he is better than CDI in FAN...I don't know if any actor ...even SRK himself can TOP his act in CDI...a little hard to believe but I will see it in a few hours my self...seeing is believing I guess😆

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Fans of some actors are just super weird on Twitter.. Praying for a film to go down like anything.. Matlab itni bhi kia insecurity?😕