Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 90)

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:38am | IP Logged

Movie Review: Fan Film Released Today

24indianews

fan 24ndianews1

fan 24ndianews1
Picture 1 of 9

The first screenings of Shah Rukh Khan's Fan prompted ecstatic responses from fans and praise from critics for the actor's performance as a movie star and his 25-year-old look-alike fan who becomes his biggest enemy.

The thriller produced by Yash Raj Films and directed by Maneesh Sharma had standing ovations in some cinemas and was widely hailed as tense, fun and emotionally gripping.  It is playing on more than 3,500 screens in India and 1,500-plus internationally.

According to blogger and critic Taran Adarsh the production budget was 85 crore ($12.7 million), 20 crore ($3 million) was spent on P&A and the producers recouped some of their investment by pre-selling satellite rights to Sony . Koimoi.com predicts a first day tally of 20-25 crore ($3 million-$3.7 million), which would eclipse Airlift's 12.35 crore ($1.85 million), the biggest opening day so far this year.

Aamir Khan's Dhoom 3 holds the record for the highest non-holiday opener with 36.22 crore ($5.4 million) and Aamir's PK is the second highest with 26.63 crore ($4 million) on its first day. The biggest blockbuster in SRK's 24-year career is Chennai ExpressEXPR -3.13% which made 226.70 crore ($34.07 million) in 2013, followed by Happy New Year's 204 crore ($30.6 million) in 2014.

Bollywood star Siddharth Malhotra Tweeted that "the best thing about #FAN is that u forget the star n connect with Aryan & Gaurav as humans," crediting that as a victory both for the actor and the director.

"But he also, with the aid of digital effects, plays a creepy lookalike fan called Gaurav, a dopey Delhi guy who owns an internet cyber cafe and wins a local talent contest with his Aryan tribute act. Gaurav's obsessive fan-love turns to fan-hate when he feels his devotion to be slighted and then travels around the world, staging crimes in all the cities where Aryan is on a singing tour, knowing that his erstwhile hero will get the blame.

"It could be that Khan has taken inspiration from fan nightmares such as Scorsese'sKing of Comedy or Stephen King's Misery. By casting himself in both roles, Khan could have intended a complex satire of celebrity narcissism. Or he could just be, well, guilty of a fair bit of celebrity narcissism himself. Either way, it's outrageous and enjoyably absurd."

Gulf News' Manjusha Radhakrishnan judged Khan is splendid as the self-made star but less convincing as Gaurav, opining, "While there are sparks of brilliance shown by Khan while playing the Delhi-based fanboy, he goes overboard in several of the key scenes...A little bit of subtlety would have gone a long way in making it a stand-out scene. Simply put, Khan has a tendency to overdo the exuberance of youth.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:39am | IP Logged
Ritesh Sidhwani @ritesh_sid 11m11 minutes ago

Gaurav kept me to the edge of my seat was mesmerised by @iamsrk brilliant performance.. #Fan A must watch TODAY..

AS-Rifi

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:40am | IP Logged
  • Box Office: Shah Rukh Khan's Fan becomes Highest Opening Day grosser of 2016
  • By Bollywood Hungama News Network
Earlier this year, we saw some rather content heavy films that featured not just stellar performances but equally brilliant stories as well. However, this Friday saw Shah Rukh Khan and Yash Raj Films coming together once again with Fan.

In this box office report, we take a look at the opening day collections of Fan while comparing them to previous releases of 2016. Not surprisingly, Fan has managed to emerge as the highest Opening Day grosser of 2016 collecting Rs. 19.20 cr. In fact Fan has managed to surpass previous releases like Airlift that collected Rs. 12.35 cr, Kya Kool Hain Hum 3 that collected Rs. 8.15 cr and Rocky Handsome that collected Rs. 7.16 cr.

Rank Movie Name Release Opening Day (INR Cr.)
1 Fan 15-Apr-16 19.20
2 Airlift 22-Jan-16 12.35
3 Kyaa Kool Hai Hum 3 22-Jan-16 8.15
4 Rocky Handsome 25-Mar-16 7.16*
5 Ki & Ka 01-Apr-16 7.3

* includes paid previews as well

Disclaimer:
The Box Office figures are compiled from various sources and our own research. The figures can be approximate and Bollywood Hungama does not make any claims about the authenticity of the data. However, they are adequately indicative of the box-office performance of the film(s).

AS-Rifi

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:41am | IP Logged
  • Home
  • >
  • MOVIES
  • >
  • This is Bollywood's reaction to Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'

This is Bollywood's reaction to Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'

By: ANI | Last Updated: Saturday, 16 April 2016 11:34 AM

Total Shares
This is Bollywood's reaction to Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'

New Delhi: Shah Rukh Khan's latest release Fan' not only wooed the audiences, but it also did some magic over the tinsel town.
Directed by Maneesh Sharma, the flick narrates the story of a man, who develops a dangerous obsession with a movie star, who looks just like him.

As soon as the film got released, Bollywood celebrities flooded the 50-year-old actor's Twitter handle with their compliments and wishes.

Actress Bhumi Pednekar wrote, "The entire theatre broke into an ovation after #FAN, only fr @iamsrk. Frm gaurav to aryan, outstanding sir. Had goosebumps. Epic sir like wow."

Her tweet was followed by another one that read, "#Fan got me by my seat, biting my nails. #ManeeshSharma you're a star. I had goosebumps. Cried, smiled and gt terrified. The king #srk has conquered."

Meanwhile, SRK's Koyla' co-star Madhuri Dixit wrote, "Saw the #Fan last night. Here's wishing @iamsrk the best. You are absolutely fabulous!!" Replying to her tweet SRK wrote, "Thank u baby. Will get Ram to see it soon."
Posting a theatre selfie of herself, Dia Mirza tweeted, "Your #JabraFans for life @iamsrk #FAN."

Many other celebs including Abhishek Bachchan, Chetan Bhagat, Sajid Khan, Saina Nehwal, Manish Paul, Suinidhi Chauhan and Kanika Kapoor also tweeted for the same.

AS-Rifi

Hydro123 IF-Dazzler
Hydro123
Hydro123

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:43am | IP Logged
That's poor. It was a partial holiday too.

adventurousman

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Ritesh Sidhwani @ritesh_sid 18m18 minutes ago

Gaurav kept me to the edge of my seat was mesmerised by @iamsrk brilliant performance.. #Fan A must watch TODAY..

Shah Rukh Khan @iamsrk 4m4 minutes ago

Shah Rukh Khan Retweeted Ritesh Sidhwani

Thank u my producer sahib. Love you

AS-Rifi

Sri-R IF-Rockerz
Sri-R
Sri-R

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Saw full movie and these reviewers are gone case for their negative comments on second half. I absolutely loved the whole movie especially the ending is so touching. I don't care box office but I am so proud that SRK is such a brilliant actor.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspiritAamnakideewanipieryroseangrybreadAS-RifiTheRager-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 4:10am | IP Logged
u r on a high LOL

Go to top