Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 88)

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

Originally posted by Kaapi

**SPOILERS*

Not just the movie references but also the fact that this man is the one who has taken some wild risks and emerged victorious like nobody's business. Once upon a time, there was a transition of this actor from weird obsessed creepy negative roles to the king of romantic roles in a manner which was not the norm. The route was different from everybody else. Years later, this man comes back with a bang amidst so many disappointments and gaalis by incorporating some real dark moments in movie. Not just by taking uncomfortable (not so hilarious) jibes at his own stardom but also by exposing a vulnerable side of a superstar who has the capability to rise from ashes..which is what he is actually doing with this movie. 

Dear lord, this so effing twisted in a sense. LOL

It's so twisted because you know how Shrewd SRK is , this movie is all about him in many ways , yet it's so much more. He just used all those gaalis , references to sell himself again in this movie . God, he is so crazy awesome, the confidence he has in his own Superstardom and the risk attached to it. Literally has , hopefully, taken to rising back from ashes.   Docu-yet so different. 

He knows how to sell himself and that is what he again did through this movie. Actually more than movie it's SRK that stays with youLOL

People, go watch it , so that I can spoil and discuss it to my heart's content. 

That, yeh toh dhongi fans hai, movies ko gaali dete hai par aa jaate hai photos click karvaane is such a  jab at all the closet fans of Shah. It was actually hilarious to watch. LOL

@Bold : So so true. That's what has happened to me. It's impossible to just take this movie as a 2-hour long story with a proper beginning and an end. This is definitely one of the most memorable and land mark-ish movies of SRK, irrespective of its box office fate. Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

angrybreadRabbitOnSkates_Aamnakideewanicharminggenie-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:22am | IP Logged
taran adarsh @taran_adarsh 52m52 minutes ago

#Fan records FANTASTIC biz on Fri. Plexes/metros are ROCKING. Fri 19.20 cr. India biz. Sat+Sun biz is crucial to put up a STRONG total.

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

SHAHRUKH KHAN WORLD @IAMSRK_WORLD 50m50 minutes ago

@iamsrk The Show Stealer Introducing Gaurav with High Insanity & Aryan The Super Star, Dual Voice & Dhamakedar @FanTheFilm Hats Off Shah

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Alia Bhatt @aliaa08 59m59 minutes ago

FAN !!! @iamsrk delivers the performance of a lifetime as Gaurav.. Can't get over the transformation!!! '' Loved the film!!! #FAN

941 retweets 2,098 likes
-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Sania Mirza @MirzaSania 2h2 hours ago

Watched Fan last night .. @iamsrk I was always a fan but now I AM A FAN how amazingly good were you '' #JabraFan

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewani

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Faridoon Shahryar @iFaridoon 2h2 hours ago

V've done public opinion of #Fan in #Washington n #NewJersey in #USA... response is overwhelmingly positive.Comin up on @Bollyhungama soon!

Karan Patel @TheKaranPatel 3h3 hours ago

I feel soo blessed to have watched a masterpiece like #FAN ... @iamsrk i once again re endorse the fact that @iamsrk is the #ManIWorship ..!

Soumik Sen @bangdu 4h4 hours ago

.@iamsrk was always the finest Hindi film actor we've had in a long time. #FAN was just waiting to happen. #fan

Edited by GERUA - 16 April 2016 at 3:29am

AS-Rifi

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Sooraj Pancholi @soorajpancholi9 5h5 hours ago

Watched #FAN lastnight.. And I loved every minute of it!! @iamsrk Sir u are such an INSPIRATION!! An amazing and true performer.. ''

Ekta Kapoor @Ekkubaby 7h7 hours ago

@iamsrk has raised the bar again with this career driven speechless fab 'FAN'tastic performance.The direction is superb. A must watch #FAN !

Sunidhi Chauhan @SunidhiChauhan5 2h2 hours ago

@iamsrk Absolutely! OH MY GOD!This is my #FanMoment' I love you more and more!Thank you

Edited by GERUA - 16 April 2016 at 3:29am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AamnakideewaniAS-Rifi

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:30am | IP Logged

FAN may actually be the beginning of SRK's acting career

It's a crisp thriller with a great performance

ARCHITA KASHYAP @architakashyap | 15 APRIL 2016, 3:13 PM

T2 Review
Shah Rukh Khan in a double role in FAN
Image: Yash Raj Films

You will like this if you liked Swades, Chak De! India and Baazigar

What I would pay for it: 450/500

Starring: Shah Rukh Khan, Sayani Gupta, Waluscha D'Souza

Directed by: Maneesh Sharma

Written by: Habib Faisal (screenplay and dialogue) and Sharat Katariya (dialogue)

Make Up: Greg Cannom, Mary Cooke, Chris Hampton, Logan Long

Produced by: Yash Raj Films

Shah Rukh Khan is often called a non-actor. Many tut tut, shake their heads and insist he always plays every role in the same style. Even though acting greats such as Al Pacino, Kevin Spacey and Dustin Hoffman also play different people in their signature manner. (Read: Be a FAN. But don't try these stupid SRK stunts at home)

In FAN, director Maneesh Sharma has cracked the code for using this superstar's latent acting talent. With SRK delivering one of his best performances ever, this film surprises you enough to make you wonder if SRK has actually begun to flex his acting skills only now. (Read: Maneesh Sharma is SRK's biggest FAN)

The story of local Delhi boy Gaurav Channa, a crazy, devoted fan of self-made superstar Aryan Khanna, FAN begins with tracing his one-sided, imagined relationship of affection with this movie star. Other than the fact that they both belong to Delhi and have middle-class origins, Gaurav looks like Aryan. Throwing away some hard-earned money, he travels to Mumbai to meet his idol on his birthday. When security shoves him away, a gripping journey into obsessive, destructive behaviour begins for this fan. When his actions wreak havoc in Aryan Khanna's professional and personal life, he decides to resolve matters on his own. He returns to his roots in Delhi instead of flexing his star power. (Read: A first person account of a fan's complicated relationship with Shah Rukh Khan)

Shah Rukh Khan in and as FAN Teaser poster of FAN (Image: Yash Raj Films)

The film's biggest strength is its ability to add authenticity and credibility to a filmy, imagined reality. Gaurav Channa plots and executes smart tricks in the second half, pushing imagination, but does it convincingly. Taut for the most part, and minimal in both dialogue and drama, the FAN script is driven by quick actions and reactions of the fan and the superstar. Refreshingly, it also lays bare complexities of a movie star's life, which are often not referred to. These feel real and work as tension relievers. There's a hilarious moment where an upcoming male star can't read a page written in Hindi and another where a senior diplomat makes a snide remark about superstar attitudes despite dancing at weddings. Delhi is as authentic as it gets, but that's Maneesh Sharma's proven geographic cinematic turf. (Read: Is SRK fussy? FAN Stylist Niharika Bhasin Khan tells us the truth)

Shah Rukh in FAN SRK as Gaurav in FAN (Image: Yash Raj Films)

All of this " minute details, sharp, sassy dialogue and gripping plot points, along with expensive prosthetics " come together like a symphony because of one reason " Shah Rukh Khan. (Read: Can you tell SRK was injured in this scene)

I gush a bit perhaps, but Shah Rukh has carried both roles with lan. His Delhi accent is bang on, as is his twang in his tone and mannerisms as Gaurav.

Moments in Aryan Khanna's story reference SRK's lived history. His underlying arrogance and headstrong behaviour work to flesh out his character. When his manager refers to Gaurav as sanki' (mad), with a flash of anger lighting up his eyes, he says, 'Tou main kya hoon?" (What do you think I am then?) SRK as a proud, cheeky, spotting-shades-of-grey superstar is believable and brilliant. That he is also desirable is just stating the obvious, but I do it all the same. (Read: 5 things that make us an SRK fan)

Shah Rukh Fan Shah Rukh perfects the Delhi boy act in FAN (Image: Yash Raj Films)

In terms of action, cinematography and special effects, FAN achieves a new, ambitious scale. Yash Raj Films has to be commended for taking this big, confident stride into cinema beyond song and dance and romance. Unlike the Dhoom movies, FAN isn't gimmicky. While its conclusion does feel unreal, and could have been crisper, it drives home its point in a most engaging manner. (Read: You'll never believe who SRK is a fan of)

FAN is a director's victory and a writer's achievement. Above all, it marks the return of Shah Rukh the actor. It's a definite watch this weekend. (Read: Shah Rukh trolls his fans before FAN)

AS-Rifi

Go to top