Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 86)

.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rockrahul

Whether Jabra song is in the movie?
At least before/after the credits?
No

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 2:52am | IP Logged
I am just too Overwhelmed. Fan is an experience.

I don't understand BO or care for it much but this is one film which will continue adding to it's value and legacy with each passing year. It's not an easy movie. Probably one of the toughest ever in recent years. Literally is an off-beat movie with meta as the core context. I don't know how many people will understand the meta but it's a really really intelligent movie. it's one of those movies which would evoke either mixed reactions  or a sense of greatness depending on how much the viewer takes to the concept. Some might not even get it.

And truly, nobody but SRK could have done this.  It runs the risk of movie being an ego-trip, in many ways it might be too. But the way he deconstructs the superstar and the fan makes it much more than that.
He is not just the perfect "Actor" to pull this off but also the only "Superstar" who can gamble this way. You would have needed either the Khans or AB Sr for this concept and none but SRK could have pulled it off because of his bravery, smugness or whatever you might call it.  I just don't see any other actor staking claim of their stardom and risking it this way. Bravo, SRK. Thats how you make a comeback. He literally has changed the game with Fan.

Movie- Yes, Manish's idea related to king's Misery but it goes beyond . It's an interesting take on the Celeb-Fan equation. I think we all on IF probably have witnessed such fans or have been one of them in our years defending our favs or their personal/professional lives. Gaurav is sum of all that. And they made him real too, family , he knows the reality but chooses to ignore it with a sneer and yet is so innocent in his fanaticism . Interestingly they humanized Gaurav with family angle to define a FAN but kept the personal extensions of Aryan away from our eyes. I loved the interplay with this. 

The first half, for me at least was different because it followed through Gaurav , setting him up - the fan. Shah as Gaurav gets the mannerism, that innocence so spot on. The "walk" , the glint in eyes and the aspirations of a fan are so smartly captured. But it's the second half where Gaurav becomes the "wronged" fan. That feeling of betrayal. Shah was so so good. I would say it's trickier Act than his Darr outings. 

Aryan- By far the toughest role in comparison and honestly I don't see any Actor doing it. It's so not easy to not just let the meta be so close to reality. Somethings, some dialogues and events are so close to SRk the real Superstar , that fine line of not overplaying in indulgence and setting aside boundaries between Aryan and SRk, himself - Jeez, SRk owned the film with this role for me. It's such a startling take in a Superstar's life, the insecurities- that scene in the empty theater was love - the emotion there. The shaadi jibe , so many other scenes it just is so brave. I mean here is probably one of the biggest Superstar of the world and he is taking the risk of not just offending the "Stans" but also making himself seem so vulnerable/flawed not at a personal level but as a Superstar . His relationship and take on fans and fame. Very Very interesting role . 

Second Half - Honestly, I get why people feel second half is a let down, I think they have a different take on First half than me. But for me Second half scores lot more simply because it captures the context of the movie better. The chase sequences be an indulgence but it's Aryan Khanna, an extension of SRK and the kind of cinema he represents . Overindulgence but part of Aryan's Cinema. 

Acting- He got his Fan back, probably his throne too. Doesn't need the banal numbers or Awards , what he did with this one is by far the most bravest attempt at movie making. Acting wise- he played both roles just right. Gaurav got the fan psych , the "West Delhi" swag . While Aryan is different from SRK himself yet you end up thinking if this character is the man himself . Aryan>>>Gaurav for me.
 Now someone just chain him up and make him act in movies which have a SCRIPT and a DIRECTOR. 

Acting - 5 
Editing 3 ( Could have been tighter)
Direction 3.5
Script - 4 ( the chase sequences were a bit overkill)

I have a feeling this film will go the Barfi way , it has a distinct repeat value . But the risk be some might not get used to the Meta and the whole celeb-fan psyche. 

Bri- If you are reading this, you  got your Shah back.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

elimRainbowPearlsCarpe_diemgatheringstormkhoslakadhoklaMrsChandlerBingUglyDuckling.TheekThaakpieryroseRabbitOnSkates_angrybreadkabeeraspeakingBeautyful_MessNestleToulouseTheRager-DZ-

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 2:54am | IP Logged
19 not bad without songs 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89-DZ-

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kaapi

OVERWHELMING. An overwhelming movie viewing experience. Not just an SRK's fan but as an avid movie watcher who has loved films for years. This movie is mind f**king brilliant.

I don't know where to begin from. This film is an experience. It's about love, desperation, obsession, helplessness, destruction and creation. It's about rising from the ashes and falling from the skies. It's a wonderfully woven tale where reel meets real in such an amusing sense and it's such a pleasure to watch it unfold.

SRK literally proves why despite all the odds he is THE Shahrukh Khan who rules millions of hearts while starting off from an absolutely humble background. He falls apart, he is trapped, he takes control, he obsesses, he lashes out and one man pulls all these shades so brilliantly and proves why he is the king and why his fans kept hanging onto him with hope, despite some disappointment over last few years.

There are so many so many freaking bits in the movie that are so freaking fabulous Either it's Gaurav taking a selfie with his family or the excitement in his eyes when he first sees Aryan Khanna. His sweets are lost on the crowd, so is his voice. Him falling apart when Aryan leaves the jail by warning him. Even between so many tensed and slightly disturbing moments, the humor is still kept alive..thanks to the witty Aryan khanna and also unfortunately some humor stems from Gaurav's unhealthy obsession. WT, 205, Sorry and so many more which are skipping my mind right now.

The chase sequences, as exhausting as they might be but I feel they were needed, the exhaustion was needed to prove a point and make room for a conversation that leaves a strong impact later on.

*MAJOR SPOILER*

When Gaurav is about to fall from the terrace, it's such a weird thing that the key movies of SRK instantly come to mind The baazigar terrace scene and the death of obsessed stalker. At one point, I was like..he was always supposed to die, wasn't he? Just like it happened with all of Shah's negative portrayals. Anjaam, Baazigar and Darr. It's similar yet completely different. I'm not good with words but the significance of the scene is so much more than what I can describe. I'm sincerely hoping someone else would do that for me, honestly.

SPOILER OVER.

My thoughts at present are all over the place, I'll try to put them in order at a later point of time but this movie is so effing brilliant. Pleaseee watch you all!!

I am not the only one thenLOL. Just there is so much of real-meta related to SRK over the years that mind just cannot stop but go down the route.  Blabbering mess we all are. But yes, except SRK , nobody could have dared to risk it all . He has literally won it for me atleast.TongueLOL

Edited by charminggenie - 16 April 2016 at 3:03am

TheekThaak-DZ-

RabbitOnSkates_ IF-Sizzlerz
RabbitOnSkates_
RabbitOnSkates_

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 2:58am | IP Logged
WOW ... so Gaurav is an addition to Raj, Rahul, Kabir Khan and Mohan Bhargav... me loves it!!! Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

RabbitOnSkates_ IF-Sizzlerz
RabbitOnSkates_
RabbitOnSkates_

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:00am | IP Logged
BTW where did Bri disappear? LOL Building shrine for Shah?? Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

TheekThaak IF-Rockerz
TheekThaak
TheekThaak

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:00am | IP Logged
@Charminggenie : Thanks a LOT. You actually sorta put me out of misery. Significance of some scenes in the movie is wayyy more than what it is portrayed at  its face value. I'm not at all good with words, so it's a bit of struggle for me to convey what I feel but you put in words. It's a pretty dark movie and the climax adds to freaking much to the entire story and theme that it elevates this film to a different level altogether. It was only possible for Shahrukh to take a dark and an extremely complex concept at cater it to an insanely large audience. I can't explain how valuable some pauses were in this movie. Those little moments before Aryan is preparing himself for his performances. They speak a million words to the audience. It's an experience. Not just for an SRK fan but for an avid movie watcher who has loved watching films for over two decades.  

P.S. Hey unbold that spoiler part please, it's a major major spoiler. LOL

Edited by Kaapi - 16 April 2016 at 3:01am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenieTheRager-DZ-

Coldplaying IF-Rockerz
Coldplaying
Coldplaying

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 3:01am | IP Logged

#Fan records FANTASTIC biz on Fri. Plexes/metros are ROCKING. Fri 19.20 cr. India biz. Sat+Sun biz is crucial to put up a STRONG total

angrybread-DZ-

Go to top