Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 72)

grounder IF-Rockerz
grounder
grounder

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
I've not watched the film and I usually don't go by other people's reviews of films. So, I don't know how the film actually is but even I think 20 crores is a pretty good business for Day 1.
I understand that it is a SRK film and Khan films are expected to have better opening day numbers. But a usual Khan film is promoted at least 10 times more than FAN ever was. In fact, just a week or so back I'd opened a thread on IF to understand why was it not being promoted until so close to its release. 
And from what I've read so far, FAN's story is also not your typical Khan film types either. 
So, why are we expecting a better opening than it got? I mean it isn't really the usual family masala fun film that it would have gotten that much audience. 
On one hand, we want Khan's to stop doing stupid entertainers but on the other hand we expect the openings that those all-in-the-air-drama films get. Isn't it too much?
I am not trying to defend SRK here. I've been his fan since my childhood but I've not been able to bring myself to watch even the trailer of his films in the last few years because I knew they looked like the typical crap. FAN seems different and I am happy that SRK has understood what works these days. Instead of doing silly films and then fudging numbers to prove that they are hits, he has actually gone out and done a more real film. I don't know if it will eventually be a hit or flop but just for the first day's BO, I think it did just the right amount of business such film would do.
As for if it is actually a good film or not, I can't say that as I have not watched it.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

--love--divazMaraka_Musso89RainbowPearlsZeeliciousxoColdplayingbriahnaangrybread.Bongsookie.anitaraniNestleToulouse....Poojie....pallavi25-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GrumpyTheCat

Originally posted by Coldplaying

It was a niche film without any songs,with very less promotions, without any actress. A non-holiday release
. Considering all the factors 20cr is excellent. Even BOI agrees that for a film like Fan 20cr opening is very high. Hope it goes from strength to strength in coming days. If the mass circuits grows in coming day there will be no stopping for Fan. 

Wow ..So many excuses in one sentence   LOL LOL   LOLLOL

1. I was given the impression that Srk ,global superstar,Didn't need an actress to make his film a hit 
2. Now fan is a niche film? OK
3. He is a global superstar so promotions ki kya zaroorat bhai? 
4. Did he always release movies during holidays? Only Salman and Aamir did I think.

Edited by Beautyful_Mess - 15 April 2016 at 7:34pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Maraka_Musso89Zeeliciousxo

vib. IF-Rockerz
vib.
vib.

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Yeah. It's great
OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:24pm | IP Logged

Hajmola.
IF-Addictz

.Hajmola.

.Hajmola.

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Report Quote

My review of Fan:

Short review without spoilers:

Loved the entire film. No dull moments. SRK did a fabulous job as an actor and so did the director. I dont know what are those people talking who say who didnt like the second half or the climax and found it totally bakwas. Did they even watch the film? There were a few flaws like twice it seems it will end but we had more. The second half could have been tighter. Also there is a chase sequence in Croatia. While the chase itself was thrilling it was needless. It seemed like it was added to showcase Croatia. Also VFX was a but patchy here and there. Overall rating is 4/5 with one mark deducted for the flaws.

Long review with SPOILERS:

The film starts off with Gaurav the fan and his antics to meet his idol. You get an insight that he is crazy when he threatens to jump off the train if he is not allowed to travel to meet Aryan. Perhaps his loving parents also encourage his crazyness by not stopping him when there was time. There we also get a glimpse of Aryan not entirely being the 'correct' personality when we get to know that he slapped a younger colleague. That was a take off on the Shrish Kunder incident while the younger colleague looks a lot like Siddharth Malhotra. He is even called Sid Kapoor. Infact there is a point where this character even says he cant read Hindi perhaps a comment on today's superstars who work in Hindi films but cant speak proper Hindi. Gaurav pulls off a stunt to teach Sid a lesson and sends proof of it to Aryan. Aryan in turn takes the help of some police officers to scare Gaurav so that he is dissuaded from pulling off such stunts in the future. Here again you feel Aryan perhaps should have dealt with the situation differently. Perhaps that would have saved both of them lot of trouble. Gaurav's dreams are shattered and he plots revenge. From here onwards starts Gaurav's revenge drama which is the second half.

The first half only flaws I found was Gaurav's Delhi accent which was tough to follow for me. Also Gaurav's performance in the colony show was very long. They could have cut it out. The second half also had a few flaws like twice you feel the film will end. First when Aryan chases Gaurav in Croatia. Second after Aryan imitates Gaurav in the colony show and his parents call him down.

There were some comments that the sympathies are shown to be with Aryan. If you watch the show in the cinema you will realize that is not the case at all. Infact sympathies are with Gaurav till the end. Everyone would cheer whenever Gaurav would make a move to beat Aryan like when he manages to escape Aryan in Croatia or when Aryan is about to repeat the what he used to keep saying that is without fans he is nothing but then remembers how Gaurav believed that and he didnt meet Gaurav's expectations on that. or when Gaurav comes to Aryan's house. In the climax scene when Gaurav tells 'Tu nahin samjhega' and lets go of Aryan's hand I had tears in my eyes. Not just for the character of Gaurav but for all the fans out there who spend their time and money on stars who have no idea about their existence. A fan's love for a star is one of the most selfless. And kudos to SRK for playing the superstar with flaws. Incidents of his life were used and he was shown to be someone who is probably as sanki as the fan. Someone who is not very 'correct'...a Dilli ka gunda as SRK calls himself who doesnt hesitate to take matters to his own hands and give it back instead of being the gentleman all the time.

Also another thing to add is how the fact that hell hath no fury than a fan scorned. I have seen that happen many times in this very forum. Not really extreme levels like Gaurav but some of the star's biggest bashers have been their huge fans at one point and he disappointed them.

Coming to the films's BO prospects despite me liking the film I honestly dont know how far it will go. Its a thriller and most likely a one time watch for most people. The story many would also find predictable. But I think it will enjoy good WOM. Atleast from the reactions of people coming out of the cinema.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Maraka_Musso89anitaraniangrybread....Poojie....-DZ-

Pridenprejudice Newbie
Pridenprejudice
Pridenprejudice

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beautyful_Mess

Originally posted by GrumpyTheCat

Originally posted by Coldplaying

It was a niche film without any songs,with very less promotions, without any actress. A non-holiday release
. Considering all the factors 20cr is excellent. Even BOI agrees that for a film like Fan 20cr opening is very high. Hope it goes from strength to strength in coming days. If the mass circuits grows in coming day there will be no stopping for Fan. 

Wow ..So many excuses in one sentence   LOL LOL   LOLLOL

1. I was given the impression that Srk ,global superstar,Didn't need an actress to make his film a hit 
2. Now fan is a niche film? OK
3. He is a global superstar so promotions ki kya zaroorat bhai? 
4. Did he always release movies during holidays? Only Salman and Aamir did I think.

do rules only change for SRK?? Otherwise every movie needs most of what mentioned.
Am pretty sure if it was Veer movie you'd be stating all the fact stated here. LOL
He needs all this and more like good script and whatnots. 

And since 20cr isn't at all bad in fact they are good.
I don't see the need to excuse anything as of now. 

Forgive i can't control my excitement today. 

Why bring Ranveer in the picture? Coz he is the GTCs fav? 
How convenient.

Rules don't change but according to few srk fans 
He is global star who doesn't need an actress to get a hit. Go check some dilwale threads . 

Bending words according to your needs eh and then bring the person's fav in picture to strengthen a weak discussion real mature.

adventurousman2RsFan

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:30pm | IP Logged

Of course 20 crore is extremely good for an unconventional, experimental, non-masala film! 
All trade analysts are saying so...that the opening is really good inspite of being a movie without a traditional heroine, without romance, or song and dances, without item songs with cheap lyrics.

And its the Highest opening day of the year so far. 

Its doing really well in the urban centers, best in Mumbai, and in East Punjab, West Bengal and of course in UP/Delhi region. It will get even better during weekend due to good WOM and great reviews. Big smile

PS: They didnt even include the promotional Jabra song...to lure audiences. 

Edited by pallavi25 - 15 April 2016 at 4:35pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

divazMaraka_Musso89grounderangrybreadNikki_Titli-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:33pm | IP Logged

#FAN (Approx Fig) Mumbai 9cr Delhi UP4.5cr East Punjab 2.5cr West Bengal 1cr CP 0.90cr Mysore0.85cr Bihar-Jharkhand 0.60cr Orissa0.20cr

Maraka_Musso89-DZ-

Go to top