Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 13)

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 7:53am | IP Logged

FAN box office report: Shah Rukh's thriller on way to become highest opening day grosser of 2016

India TV Entertainment Desk [Updated: 15 Apr 2016, 19:04:19]
Shah Rukh Khan in 'Fan'
Shah Rukh Khan in 'Fan'
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

New Delhi: Director Maneesh Sharma has managed to bring back Shah Rukh Khan the actor in front of his fans. With Fan', King Khan has won the hearts of critics, something which he lost after his nonsensical movies like Chennai Express, Happy New Year and Dilwale. It looks like apart from gaining lauds from critics, Fan' will also go on to become the highest opening day grosser of 2016.

Experts feel that 'Fan' will earn nothing less than Rs 20 crores today.

While SRK's last release Dilwale, did a fairly good business at the box office earning Rs 21 crores on first day, it got mostly bad reviews. Fan is SRK's special film as he has somewhere put his stardom he earned in over 25 years at stake.

Obviously, how much this movie earns is important for SRK and his team.

Also Read: Meet real life Gaurav Chandna, a jabra' Shah Rukh Khan FAN

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted that the first day trends have been excellent to ordinary to good. A strong footfall during the evening shows is important for a tremendous collection on the first day. Here is what he tweeted:

#Fan Fri biz trends [till 3.30 pm IST]: Varies from excellent to good to ordinary. Evening+night shows vital to come up with a strong total.

" taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) April 15, 2016

Fan released to close to 3500 screen across the country. Vivek Vaswani another trade expert, tweeted that Fan will cross Rs 20 crores today itself.

Today Fan will cross 20cr at the 4 main plex chains, not counting the other plexes and single screens!That's Cinepolis, PVR, Inox, Carnival!

" ViVeCkVasWaNi (@VIVECKVASWANI) April 15, 2016

His tweet however got a really funny response from the King Khan himself.

Here's what he tweeted:

Numbers mat bata feelings bata mere dost https://t.co/Ww0HzwzXGH

" Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) April 15, 2016

With such numbers expected from it, Fan will become the highest first day grosser of 2016. Till now this record has been held by Airlift' which earned Rs 12.35 crores on first day. Children fiction movie The Jungle Book' followed Airlift' with collections of Rs 10.09 crores on opening day.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RamSiyaRamangrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 7:55am | IP Logged

angrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25glace-bleue

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 7:56am | IP Logged

Video | 'Fan' Review: Shah Rukh Khan charms as Aryan Khanna, stuns as Gaurav Chandna

Shah Rukh Khan in a still from Fan...
Nayandeep Rakshit | Fri, 15 Apr 2016-05:29pm , dna webdesk

A film made by a fan for fans, this is another review of SRK's Fan by another fan...

Shah Rukh Khan's much awaited flick Fan has just hit the theatres. And the film has received a thunderous response at the box office already. Running packed houses in key centres, SRK's dual act has done the trick for the film.

Mostly receiving positive feedback from audiences and critics alike, Shah Rukh and the entire team of Fan has reasons to be happy about. Made by a fan for all the fans, this movie leaves you impressed.

Here's our dna video review of FAN, for the fans, by a fan!

I am one of the biggest Shah Rukh Khan fans ever. And I'm not ashamed to admit it in front of all our readers. He's possibly someone who's inspired me to live my dreams and I've done, what at one point, seemed impossible to me. Today, when I watched Fan, especially the first half, I could recollect all the fond memories of me running behind SRK in Kolkata years back. As a fan. To just meet him and get a picture clicked with him. No, I am not as obsessive as Gaurav nor has SRK given me any reason to go on a journey of vengeance against him. But there are many elements from Gaurav's life that almost every fan will relate to. Mostly the adulation portions.

Maneesh Sharma weaves an interesting tale where he pits our superstar SRK against an ordinary common man SRK and triumphs in his treatment. He doesn't waste any time to draw us into the lives of both Aryan and Gaurav and leaves us with one question during he interval. What if a fan turns out to be your biggest enemy? That's what Fan is all about.

A film that whole-ly and solely belongs to SRK, the superstar commands terrific screen presence throughout the film. With both his characters - of the superstar and his doppelganger. The ease and conviction with which SRK switches between Aryan and Gaurav is commendable. This is Shah Rukh's best performance in recent years for sure. He doesn't need to romance a girl in the Swiss Alps with outstretched arms to engage you into the plot anymore. Move over Rahul and Raj, Gaurav is finally here! So whoever thought SRK is done and over, think again. Because the actor SRK is back with a bang.

The background music is brilliant and despite there being no songs, the film doesn't look too stretched and things happen at an even pace. The film does take an unrealistic turn towards the post-interval time where the situations might feel like jitters but it's all in the name of cinematic liberties. Fan isn't flawless but the emotions and the experience of the film is what you take away with you after the end credits roll.

So regardless of you being a SRK fan or not, you will definitely not be disappointed with this one. We have rated it 4*. Go watch it!

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-fan-video-review-shah-rukh-khan-charms-as-aryan-khanna-stuns-as-gaurav-chandna-2202394

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AishMinozangrybreadAS-Rifi

I_M_SultaN IF-Addictz
I_M_SultaN
I_M_SultaN

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 8:01am | IP Logged
HAHAHA KRK cha gaya LOL was right about 2nd half

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 15 April 2016 at 8:01am
-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Story: Superstar Aryan inspires Gaurav, his fan who attacks anyone attacking his idol. But what happens when Aryan himself rejects Gaurav - does Gaurav remain Aryan's adoring fan?

Review: Straight away, no-one does freaky with more flair than Shah Rukh Khan - and Fan proves this. The movie takes you right back to the 1990s when Shah Rukh stormed Bollywood with a stammer, a pout and hooded eyes that looked at the world with hate. Back then, Shah Rukh thrilled with his mix of volatility and vulnerability - in Fan, he does it again.

Superstar Aryan Khanna (Shah Rukh) is running out of steam - yet, his devoted Delhi fan Gaurav (Shah Rukh) won't hear a word against him. Gaurav worships Aryan, mimicking him in his 'clony' competitions, wanting five minutes to meet his star.

Instead, Gaurav meets - and beats - Sid Kapoor, Aryan's rival. Aryan isn't delighted. He gets Gaurav thrashed, asking coldly, 'Mein tumhe paanch second bhi kyun dun?' As Aryan leaves Gaurav imprisoned, devastated Gaurav promises that one day, Aryan will chase Gaurav - because 'asli drama toh ab shuru hua hai'.

Soon, Aryan finds an imposter taking hostages and molesting girls. Even as Aryan tries convincing police and public it's not him, another 'Aryan' enters his own home, meeting his wife (Waluscha) and kids - how will this freaky face-off end?

Fan is Shah Rukh Khan's triumph all the way. He pulls off a terrifically dramatic double act, altering his look, feel and intensity, but as Gaurav, Shah Rukh makes you forget everything - except feeling scared. With buck teeth, stammering in haste, howling with rejection, holding Aryan's daughter rather close, Gaurav darkly disturbs. Shah Rukh charts Gaurav's deterioration, from a cheerful, clumsy Delhi 'launda', with a crush on 'Miss BPO' Neha (Shriya), to a relentless stalker who perfects Aryan's confidence - till the facade breaks.

The story is cutting-edge and settings sharp (at a millionaire wedding, the host yells at Aryan for being late to dance) with clever details - Sid Kapoor can't read Gaurav's note as, 'It's in Hindi, dude!" while Gaurav, despite adopting Aryan's swag, eats 'wegetable sandwich' abroad.

Alongside, Maneesh Sharma paints a compelling larger picture of Delhi, where heat and dust, violence and want, make tempers explode in a very particular Dilli ki garmi. Shah Rukh captures this rage with irony and empathy - he is, as he nicely puts it, mind-blasting.

The action's glorious but stretches while the naivete of Gaurav's parents (Deepika and Yogendra), unaware of their only child's feelings, seems slightly unbelievable. Yet, ending with a Baazigar-esque twist, Fan makes you feel Darr all over again.

Watch it - you'll know why you're SRK's Fan.

RamSiyaRamangrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25

LavaLips___ Senior Member
LavaLips___
LavaLips___

Spolier Free Review:
Saw the film today at 11 30 show with friends . The film could have been better but it's still so f**king good . Easily a 3.75/5 for me  . Contrary to popular belief , I liked the 2nd half better . The film itself 
will evoke extreme reactions from everyone . The film acts on meta level too and it teaches to have your own identity instead of trying to become someone else . The ending will be controversial which might put some people off , though it was the right thing to show . I liked the superstar's part more than the fan's . In fact it might be possible that you will be rooting for the superstar at thend instead of the fan because when you see the film , you realise that Aryan Khanna actually didn't do anything wrong . He really wasn't at fault !

Whatever you think of the movie though , one thing no one can deny is that SRK abos**tely bloody nails the acting part . Nobody will/can question his performance in this film . It's the finest performance yet this year and one of his all time best . 

SRK as Gaurav - 4/5 (He goes a little overboard during the climax and some minor parts)
SRK as Aryan Khanna - 10000/5 (He absolutely nails this one . Such a nuanced performance . I , along with many others were cheering for the superstar at the end ).

FAN on a whole is a different , unique , engaging and interesting take on the fanatics and the psychology .

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

--love--RainbowPearlsSri-RTheekThaakpieryroseangrybreadAishMinozkabeeraspeakingqazplmpallavi25NestleToulouseAS-Rifitomnjerry2glace-bleueTheRager-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 8:02am | IP Logged

Shah Rukh Khan's FAN wins critical acclaim, scores an average of 3.5 stars from 18 reviews => http://goo.gl/gd96yZ 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowPearlsSri-RpieryroseangrybreadAS-Rifi-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Mandvi Sharma @MandviSharma 5m5 minutes ago

Media Reviews: Bollywood Hungama, Deccan Chronicle, The Financial Express, IB Times & Anupama Chopra

AishMinozpieryroseangrybreadAS-Rifi

Go to top