Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 122)

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Coldplaying

Sorry for the suspense..LOL Here's my review..

I loved it! SRK as Gaurav Chandana was exceptional. He made me speechless with his performance! I don't know why the critics are complaining about the second half. It was excellent imo. The chase sequences were slick and perfectly executed. It was a very different movie and must have been one hell of a job executing it, but hats off to Manish, he directed it very intellegently.  First half of the movie was the best half i've seen in a while from a  bollywood movie. Watching Gaurav in the first half made me realise how much i missed this Shah Rukh Khan. Noone i mean noone could've executed that Jail scene like he did. It was f**king perfection. The best i've seen in years. The pain in SRK's eyes in that scene made me numb. Gaurav deserves every f**king award this year. I'm not exagerating, What a performance! You've to see it to believe it. The movie overall is brilliant. You just don't feel bored even for a moment. Last 5 minutes of the movie was heartbreaking. All the selfies in the end made my eyes wet. Gaurav will be remembered for years! 
Kudos to the VFX and the prosthetic team for the make up. Habib Faisal has done a good job with the dialogs. The costumes are dope for Gaurav . The editing is crisp and the screenplay is Fantastic. The movie has no songs, The cinematography was exceptional, great locations. Since, the movie is completely focused on Aryan and Gaurav, the supporting cast don't have much to do. 

I would like to give it 4.5/5 stars. .5 extra for Gaurav.

phewwwLOL...main tera hai tera hoye re jabra fan ho gayaDancing

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautyful_MessAS-Rifi-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Like seriously not even once it'll cross your mind you're watching SRK as Gaurav, although he's right in front of your eyes as Aryan all the time.
I don't know how SRK managed to achieve that man.
I don't blame the people who are asking who is the actor played Gaurav.
April 16 2016 is a history.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullpieryroseanitaraniNestleToulousepallavi25AS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
gaurav rockksss... and see this jealous srk Angry

S P L E N D I D is d word to describe FAN.Another brilliance by our @iamsrk.But watchout for dis debut actor who played Gaurav in the film.

Shah Rukh Khan Retweeted AANAND L RAI

Ha ha. Don't cast him in your next film he is very unprofessional.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25AS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Nawazuddin Siddiqui @Nawazuddin_S 3h3 hours ago

Congratulations @iamsrk on the grand opening of @FanTheFilm Excited to watch it as soon as possible.

Sreedhar Pillai @sri50 Apr 15

#Fan 4/5. Adrenaline pumping, dir #ManeeshSharma keeps us on a tight rope walk, whether 2 plump 4 Gaurav or Aryan.Fantastic writing & camera

Chetan Bhagat @chetan_bhagat 54m54 minutes ago

Saw #Fan. Loved it. @iamsrk knows superstardom, but has enough heart to know what it is to be just a #Fan. Congrats to team!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullAS-Rifi

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Neetu Chandra @Neetu_Chandra 23h23 hours ago

@iamsrk let's see kaun kitni baar #fan dekhta hai, Wahi sabse bara #kingkhan fan kehlayega.I saw it today n became ur fan :)) TRUE ARTIST !!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullAS-Rifi

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Absolutely loved #Fan. @iamsrk has snaked "interesting actor superstar" out from under Aamr IMO.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullanitaraniAS-Rifipallavi25-DZ-

drummedup IF-Dazzler
drummedup
drummedup

Originally posted by turqoisedress

Fan Movie Review By Mayank Shekhar

fan-review-by-mayank-shekhar

Psycho! Fancy this...

Fan

Director: Maneesh Sharma

Actors: Shah Rukh Khan

Rating: ***

Have you seen a Shah Rukh Khan film that has no songs? Well there have been a couple of them (In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones types), and that is a quiz question by itself.

But you know what I mean. A wholly star-driven pic such as this, has no songs at all"a bit of dance yes, but hardly in the real sense. Which is the first thing you notice about this SRK, Yashraj film.

There are in fact two Shah Rukh Khans in it. One, who pretty much plays himself. The other, who plays his biggest bhakt ever. So let me get past the initial apprehensions first.

Shah Rukh has played a super-star at least twice before on screen, both films he produced himself"Om Shanti Om, and Billu Barber, which was a remake of Rajnikanth's Kuselan (If anything, Fan deserves to be remade in the South, like, right now).

This is apart from a two-part documentary (Inner And Outer World Of Shah Rukh Khan), on his own life that was also produced by his company; and yet another one with full-access to his personal space (Shah Rukh Khan Revealed) that was done for Discovery. Besides, self-aware SRK has done various cameos as himself (Luck By Chance etc.). He's lately been parodying his movie persona in his movies anyway (Chennai Express, Dilwale).

After all of that, sitting through two Superstar SRKs over two and half hours could seem like a chore or bore"if you're not a fanatic yourself, or at the very least, merely interested in watching a film. Sure there's a lot of the usual narcissism going on. To be fair, the fears were almost wholly unfounded. The picture keeps you glued to the screen for the most part. It certainly leaves a genuine and real impact.

And that's because quite early on in the movie you're able to tell that the fellow playing the role of SRK's devotee isn't SRK himself. It is very much SRK, delivering his finest performance since long (Chak De India, maybe).

This guy Gaurav Chandna belongs to a middle-income group (MIG) colony in Indra Vihar in Delhi. He's based his whole life around his favourite movie star. He wins superstar lookalike contests in his neighbourhood, and runs a cyber caf in the local market (a rather pass profession to start with).

Looking at him, the sense you get is what comes across as an average teeny fascination for a matinee idol could develop into a creepy disorder, calling for mental help, rather than indulgence from parents and neighbours alike. But we're not sure yet.

Yash Chopra's Darr was pretty much the movie that took SRK into the big league in Bollywood (DDLJ happened later). Is this some sort of reprisal or homage to Darr by the same makers? It could be"if you look at it one way.

The line dividing obsession and love, whether for a woman/man you're infatuated by"romantically or otherwise"can get blurry sometimes, depending on how mentally strong you are in the first place.

The love for a cinema star is no different perhaps. This film closely examines that mildly frightening part of celebrity culture'. It's probably equally true for a lot of lookalike movie-star aspirants, who show up in showbiz every other day, hoping to make it on the big screen some day. Gaurav does look like his hero Aaryan (obviously).

But not different enough so you never have to wonder why people in general don't mistake him for the superstar himself. Sometimes they do. Most times they don't.

A big challenge before the filmmakers, I'm told, was using VFX and prosthetic (they employed the make-up artiste from Mrs Doubtfire and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button) to make SRK look like a 25-year-old, toothy version of himself. It's a fine effort, yes. But it is hard to completely reverse ageing (easier to make people old), even with technology on screen. The actor SRK, who's otherwise so different from the character Gaurav, makes up for much of the deficit though. The point is widely established.

If one were to further extend writer-director Maneesh Sharma's wonderful story over to the paparazzi, more predominant in the West, which feeds off the same celeb culture"say an indie film like Nightcrawler (2014)"the film's idea would remain the same.

But this is about one fan, or potentially a sycophant Gaurav. He decides to literally mimic his hero's journey, by travelling "WT" (without train ticket, even though he can afford one), from Delhi to Bombay, checking into the exact same hotel and room as his idol once did, moving cities for work.

Gaurav has probably watched every Aaryan film many times over. Such obsession could lead one to believe the supers-star has been watching him back, all this while, as well. The distant screen or poster or billboard can create an odd sort of familiarity in the brain of some blind bhakts. This level of collective love is what we call star power' anyway, often propelling fans to form groups, taking on their hero's imagined critics and competitors online, and in the real world. Gaurav does the same.

He is at the edge, from where he could simply tip over. Do you empathise with him though? Maybe"but only very slightly. Otherwise, this character, like this much-needed film, exists to open our eyes to this niche phenomenon called the fan'" what to make of it; how, before you know it, things could stretch too far.

Does it sound real to you? It does to me. Yes, that's why the film works. I especially urge Salman Bhai's fans to watch it first.

http://thew14.com/2016/04/15/fan-movie-review-by-mayank-shekhar/

OH My Gawd! Shocked

He is one of my most trusted reviewers! If Mayank liked it then tohPartysone pe suhaaga! 

LOL @ last line. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullilovecrepesanitaraniBeautyful_MessNestleToulouseglace-bleue-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 12:11pm | IP Logged

No one can stop praising @iamsrk acting skills if you watch @FanTheFilm and gotta appreciate director for giving us a epic film '''

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Fawad321HousefullanitaraniBeautyful_MessNestleToulouse-DZ-

Go to top