Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 120)

gatheringstorm IF-Rockerz
gatheringstorm
gatheringstorm

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yamyam

Originally posted by gatheringstorm

@Briahna...damn I felt the same way...every other actor bringing their A game but not SRK...it hurt so bad cause for me he is the best actor Bollywood has ever produced irrespective of the Irfans, Ranbirs, Ranveers, Amitabhs, Naseeruddin whatever and I am not ashamed if people ridicule me for saying that, and they do at my home,  but it is what it is for me...when SRK acts he leaves everyone behind...no other actor can play a serious role,  a romantic role or a villain like him...not even one of the abovenamed actors can get close to him in the romance or anti-hero genre and neither can they do a serious role with that earnestness and dignity like he showed in Swades and CDI...finally SRK the king of acting is backHeart
Stirring a lot of water in one go I seeLOL

Today IDGAF about others...I have deviously planned to take the haters at my home for the movie just so that I can gloat after the movie that my SRK is back...screw you haters -that's my Dad nd bro btwLOL

I am rubbing my hands in glee to just see their reaction after the movie Evil Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Housefull.rasgulla.AS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

AS-Rifi IF-Stunnerz
AS-Rifi
AS-Rifi

Special Effects Supervisor

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Coldplaying

Sorry for the suspense..LOL Here's my review..

I loved it! SRK as Gaurav Chandana was exceptional. He made me speechless with his performance! I don't know why the critics are complaining about the second half. It was excellent imo. The chase sequences were slick and perfectly executed. It was a very different movie and must have been one hell of a job executing it, but hats off to Manish, he directed it very intellegently.  First half of the movie was the best half i've seen in a while from a  bollywood movie. Watching Gaurav in the first half made me realise how much i missed this Shah Rukh Khan. Noone i mean noone could've executed that Jail scene like he did. It was f**king perfection. The best i've seen in years. The pain in SRK's eyes in that scene made me numb. Gaurav deserves every f**king award this year. I'm not exagerating, What a performance! You've to see it to believe it. The movie overall is brilliant. You just don't feel bored even for a moment. Last 5 minutes of the movie was heartbreaking. All the selfies in the end made my eyes wet. Gaurav will be remembered for years! 
Kudos to the VFX and the prosthetic team for the make up. Habib Faisal has done a good job with the dialogs. The costumes are dope for Gaurav . The editing is crisp and the screenplay is Fantastic. The movie has no songs, The cinematography was exceptional, great locations. Since, the movie is completely focused on Aryan and Gaurav, the supporting cast don't have much to do. 

I would like to give it 4.5/5 stars. .5 extra for Gaurav.
Saans mein meri saans ayi jab apne apna acha wala review and rating diLOL
Blue ice ji...take a sigh of relief!!Tongue

Coldplayingpallavi25NestleToulouseglace-bleue-DZ-

.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:40am | IP Logged

Today IDGAF about others...I have deviously planned to take the haters at my home for the movie just so that I can gloat after the movie that my SRK is back...screw you haters -that's my Dad nd bro btwLOL

I am rubbing my hands in glee to just see their reaction after the movie Evil Smile
I hear ya!! The feeling is just awesome and Shahrukh's happiness just makes it even more wonderful for meStarStarStar

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullgatheringstormNestleToulouseAS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

Lady_Macbeth IF-Stunnerz
Lady_Macbeth
Lady_Macbeth

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Thanks for all the reviews and infos.
Going to watch the film tomorrow with mom , 4 pm show. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by yamyam

@Briahna...damn I felt the same way...every other actor bringing their A game but not SRK...it hurt so bad cause for me he is the best actor Bollywood has ever produced irrespective of the Irfans, Ranbirs, Ranveers, Amitabhs, Naseeruddin whatever and I am not ashamed if people ridicule me for saying that, and they do at my home,  but it is what it is for me...when SRK acts he leaves everyone behind...no other actor can play a serious role,  a romantic role or a villain like him...not even one of the abovenamed actors can get close to him in the romance or anti-hero genre and neither can they do a serious role with that earnestness and dignity like he showed in Swades and CDI...finally SRK the king of acting is backHeart
Stirring a lot of water in one go I seeLOL

haha we all have such ppl around us in my family and larvger family(khandan)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gatheringstormAS-Rifi-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:47am | IP Logged
I am super glad to see that no one is bothering about BO. As BI said, BO to aa hi jayega...aur na bhi aaye to bhi chalega. We remember sanjeev kumar for his acting skills, not his BO pull. If SRK retires with that image, I would be happier. Let some other star take over the BO puller image. I dont mind. I want people to say ki tough role hai, but SRK will crack it. He should be the go to person for meaty roles. Let someone else mint 200 crore "dhan". After all industry needs all kinds of stars. Ours is an actor too.

Edited by humanspirit - 16 April 2016 at 11:47am

Housefullpallavi25AS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Neetu Chandra @Neetu_Chandra 14m14 minutes ago

@iamsrk I can't get over the fact that Gaurav n Aryan, both r played by d same , YOU.It's impossible !! REALLY !! NO NO #FAN #ManeeshSharma

anitaranipieryroseAS-Rifipallavi25glace-bleue

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Fan : Movie Review

Fan-Review
Rating : 4/5 Cast : Shah Rukh Khan Directed by : Maneesh Sharma Produced by : Yash Raj Films Music : Andrea Guerra, Vishal-Shekhar Release Date : April 15, 2016

Shah Rukh Khan's latest film Fan' isn't just a story about a guy who develops a dangerous obsession with his favourite movie star, but also a running commentary on various issues like privacy, fame, and love. There's a dialogue in the film which fundamentally encapsulates the problem that the story deals with - What's a star without his fans?

On the periphery, the aforementioned question might sound like a no brainer with your heart telling you the odds are stacked in favour of "Doh! Is it even a question? Of course, a star is nothing without his fans." But once you dig deeper, the results aren't so simple. And that's precisely where Maneesh Sharma, the director of the film, hits the ball out of the park with his story, which had to be told. And he couldn't have asked for a better star than SRK himself to drive home the point that stars too are normal people.

In the film, Shah Rukh Khan plays Gaurav Channa, a 20-something lad from New Delhi, who is obsessed with his matinee idol Aryan Khanna (also played by Shah Rukh Khan). Gaurav runs a cyber cafe in Delhi and his biggest dream in life is to meet Aryan for few minutes and express his love and admiration for him. So, one fine day, when he gets a chance to go to Mumbai to (possibly) meet Aryan on his birthday, he tries to relive Aryan's real story (we are told that Aryan himself hailed from Delhi, who struggled a lot to make it big in the industry). He stays in the same hotel and the same room, where Aryan had first stayed when he came to Mumbai. Finally, on the D-Day, Aryan fails to meet the Superstar and after a series of unfortunate events, when he finally meets Aryan, he realises that the actor isn't what he imagined him to be. The rest of the story is all about how Gaurav wreaks havoc in Aryan's life, like the dialogue goes Pehle fan star ke peeche baagtha tha, abb star fan ke peeche baaghega' (First, the fan used to run behind the star and now, the star will run after the fan).

A film like this couldn't be more apt at a time where people get trashed, abused and even killed (yes, it has happened) for their statements on stars. It speaks volumes about the extent to which people go to defend someone close to their heart, without understanding the consequences. Now, the question is, why are we so obsessed with few stars? Is it because some stars are the personification of our fantasies and that they make seem everything possible which you and I can't accomplish in our lives? Or is it because we all need a hero to inspire us that we can achieve your dreams? In a lot of ways, Shah Rukh Khan has been one such star in the cinematic universe who has achieved the impossible - an outsider reaching the zenith of filmdom and thus inspiring millions of others to follow their dreams. It's the ultimate underdog story. And Fan', the film, milks this legend and adds a dash of vulnerability to the character of Aryan, whose seemingly perfect life, is almost always on the verge of collapsing because of the beast that his fame has created.

Talking about the thin red line between fame and privacy, Aryan and Gaurav are poles apart and yet, they are the two sides of the same coin. And this is where everything gets complicated. It isn't just about the 5 minutes of time' which Gaurav wants to spend with his favourite star. What Maneesh Sharma does is veer our attention to a bigger question - Just because you are a fan of an actor, do you also have a stake in the latter's life? And just because you are a fan of an actor, do you believe that they ought to be indebted to you? The entire plot of Fan' revolves around these two questions. It's like yin and yang. You need a perfect balance between the two forces to create something truly magical. However, the moment one gets more powerful than another, that's where things start going haywire.

In the film, when Aryan questions Gaurav's abnormal obsession with him, it rattles the latter so much that he just cannot get over the fact that Aryan shattered his life long dream. You can't question Gaurav's logic; however, he gets into a dark space where he decides to teach Aryan a lesson and bring him down on his knees, and beg for forgiveness. What makes Fan' interesting is its subtext more than the film itself. There's always an undercurrent of tension about who's going to take a step back and it isn't until the end that the characters find their closure. The beauty of the process is that you never know who won in the end.

You don't have to be a fan of Shah Rukh Khan to admire what the actor brings to the table. And a film like this feels like someone teleported himself to another era when Shah Rukh Khan wasn't too self-conscious about his star status and brought that SRK back to play himself in this film. He's dazzling as Gaurav and turns Aryan into a man living life on the edge. There are instances where the plot turns into a fantasy, where a middle class guy from Delhi gets all the sources to follow his star all the way to England and pull off amazing stunts. But then, Fan' is much more than a well-shot, brilliantly edited and smartly written thriller. It's these questions about fan culture that the film throws up that turn it into a Fan'tastic experience. And it heralds the arrival of a long lost warrior, with fire in his belly to prove something to the world, named Shah Rukh Khan, who sets the screen ablaze with his ferocity. Two big thumbs up for Fan'. It's the kind of film which stays with you long after walking out of the theatres.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullpieryroseanitaraniAS-Rifipallavi25glace-bleue

Go to top