Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 119)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:23am | IP Logged

Fan: What it does might seem overdone, indulgent & narcissistic but the why - the meta statement - is gold. Go watch.

How can you not applaud a film that asks rabid fans to get a f**king life? Plus it does capture the human side of that stupidity. #Fan

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

KaanKeNiche.drummedupHousefullgatheringstormangrybreadkabeeraspeakingpallavi25Beautyful_MessNestleToulouseAS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

karti Goldie
karti
karti

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:26am | IP Logged
I have watched every movie of my king and to be honest loved every one of them. Even those which looked crap to others I would find reasons to loved them. Seeing my star on big screen was enough reason for me to go
But today I feel so proud to be his fan, this man has pushed his limits to deliver something for all his fans to feel proud of
The movie ended and I had tears in my eyes, my heart was feeling heavy and my throat was choked with emotions
He could have given us another masala movie which won't take any efforts and being how die hard fans we are. we would have accepted that, but no he proved once again that he has still not forgotten why he came to Mumbai . He will not give up till his last breadth and there is only one king who will keep on ruling heart of his fans forever forever forever
Fan is a return gift from our king khan to all the gaurav's
This movie is not to be missed

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

snatchMadame_89HousefullanitaraniAamnakideewanipieryroseangrybreadRabbitOnSkates_pallavi25Beautyful_MessNestleToulouseAS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

....Poojie.... IF-Stunnerz
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:28am | IP Logged

FAN for life @iamsrk !!Loved loved loved Gaurav.Too good! Honored and super thrilled to get to work with the man himself! #FAN

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

snatchHousefullangrybreadAamnakideewanipallavi25Beautyful_MessAS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

snatch Goldie
snatch
snatch

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gatheringstorm

@Briahna...damn I felt the same way...every other actor bringing their A game but not SRK...it hurt so bad cause for me he is the best actor Bollywood has ever produced irrespective of the Irfans, Ranbirs, Ranveers, Amitabhs, Naseeruddin whatever and I am not ashamed if people ridicule me for saying that, and they do at my home,  but it is what it is for me...when SRK acts he leaves everyone behind...no other actor can play a serious role,  a romantic role or a villain like him...not even one of the abovenamed actors can get close to him in the romance or anti-hero genre and neither can they do a serious role with that earnestness and dignity like he showed in Swades and CDI...finally SRK the king of acting is backHeart

u are absolutely right and spot on...glad to see people sharing similar view.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullgatheringstormAamnakideewanipallavi25NestleToulouseAS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:29am | IP Logged

Fan Movie Review By Mayank Shekhar

fan-review-by-mayank-shekhar

Psycho! Fancy this...

Fan

Director: Maneesh Sharma

Actors: Shah Rukh Khan

Rating: ***

Have you seen a Shah Rukh Khan film that has no songs? Well there have been a couple of them (In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones types), and that is a quiz question by itself.

But you know what I mean. A wholly star-driven pic such as this, has no songs at all"a bit of dance yes, but hardly in the real sense. Which is the first thing you notice about this SRK, Yashraj film.

There are in fact two Shah Rukh Khans in it. One, who pretty much plays himself. The other, who plays his biggest bhakt ever. So let me get past the initial apprehensions first.

Shah Rukh has played a super-star at least twice before on screen, both films he produced himself"Om Shanti Om, and Billu Barber, which was a remake of Rajnikanth's Kuselan (If anything, Fan deserves to be remade in the South, like, right now).

This is apart from a two-part documentary (Inner And Outer World Of Shah Rukh Khan), on his own life that was also produced by his company; and yet another one with full-access to his personal space (Shah Rukh Khan Revealed) that was done for Discovery. Besides, self-aware SRK has done various cameos as himself (Luck By Chance etc.). He's lately been parodying his movie persona in his movies anyway (Chennai Express, Dilwale).

After all of that, sitting through two Superstar SRKs over two and half hours could seem like a chore or bore"if you're not a fanatic yourself, or at the very least, merely interested in watching a film. Sure there's a lot of the usual narcissism going on. To be fair, the fears were almost wholly unfounded. The picture keeps you glued to the screen for the most part. It certainly leaves a genuine and real impact.

And that's because quite early on in the movie you're able to tell that the fellow playing the role of SRK's devotee isn't SRK himself. It is very much SRK, delivering his finest performance since long (Chak De India, maybe).

This guy Gaurav Chandna belongs to a middle-income group (MIG) colony in Indra Vihar in Delhi. He's based his whole life around his favourite movie star. He wins superstar lookalike contests in his neighbourhood, and runs a cyber caf in the local market (a rather pass profession to start with).

Looking at him, the sense you get is what comes across as an average teeny fascination for a matinee idol could develop into a creepy disorder, calling for mental help, rather than indulgence from parents and neighbours alike. But we're not sure yet.

Yash Chopra's Darr was pretty much the movie that took SRK into the big league in Bollywood (DDLJ happened later). Is this some sort of reprisal or homage to Darr by the same makers? It could be"if you look at it one way.

The line dividing obsession and love, whether for a woman/man you're infatuated by"romantically or otherwise"can get blurry sometimes, depending on how mentally strong you are in the first place.

The love for a cinema star is no different perhaps. This film closely examines that mildly frightening part of celebrity culture'. It's probably equally true for a lot of lookalike movie-star aspirants, who show up in showbiz every other day, hoping to make it on the big screen some day. Gaurav does look like his hero Aaryan (obviously).

But not different enough so you never have to wonder why people in general don't mistake him for the superstar himself. Sometimes they do. Most times they don't.

A big challenge before the filmmakers, I'm told, was using VFX and prosthetic (they employed the make-up artiste from Mrs Doubtfire and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button) to make SRK look like a 25-year-old, toothy version of himself. It's a fine effort, yes. But it is hard to completely reverse ageing (easier to make people old), even with technology on screen. The actor SRK, who's otherwise so different from the character Gaurav, makes up for much of the deficit though. The point is widely established.

If one were to further extend writer-director Maneesh Sharma's wonderful story over to the paparazzi, more predominant in the West, which feeds off the same celeb culture"say an indie film like Nightcrawler (2014)"the film's idea would remain the same.

But this is about one fan, or potentially a sycophant Gaurav. He decides to literally mimic his hero's journey, by travelling "WT" (without train ticket, even though he can afford one), from Delhi to Bombay, checking into the exact same hotel and room as his idol once did, moving cities for work.

Gaurav has probably watched every Aaryan film many times over. Such obsession could lead one to believe the supers-star has been watching him back, all this while, as well. The distant screen or poster or billboard can create an odd sort of familiarity in the brain of some blind bhakts. This level of collective love is what we call star power' anyway, often propelling fans to form groups, taking on their hero's imagined critics and competitors online, and in the real world. Gaurav does the same.

He is at the edge, from where he could simply tip over. Do you empathise with him though? Maybe"but only very slightly. Otherwise, this character, like this much-needed film, exists to open our eyes to this niche phenomenon called the fan'" what to make of it; how, before you know it, things could stretch too far.

Does it sound real to you? It does to me. Yes, that's why the film works. I especially urge Salman Bhai's fans to watch it first.

http://thew14.com/2016/04/15/fan-movie-review-by-mayank-shekhar/

Madame_89drummedupHousefullkabeeraspeakingpallavi25NestleToulouseAS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:32am | IP Logged
^Mayank is even harder to please than the top, hardass reviewers like Sen, IMO. Unanimous critical acclaim.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89drummedupHousefullRainbowPearlsBeautyful_MessNestleToulouseAS-Rifipallavi25charminggenieglace-bleue-DZ-

.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Originally posted by turqoisedress

Does it sound real to you? It does to me. Yes, that's why the film works. I especially urge Salman Bhai's fans to watch it first.

http://thew14.com/2016/04/15/fan-movie-review-by-mayank-shekhar/

LOLLOLLOL

Madame_89HousefullBeautyful_MessNestleToulousepallavi25AS-Rifiglace-bleueTheRager-DZ-

snatch Goldie
snatch
snatch

hey that video of shahrukh..that shelf in the background, aryan khannas home was also designed like that...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top