Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

||FAN Reviews & BOX OFFICE Update|| #2 (Page 110)

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:11am | IP Logged
For all the gushers ...
https://twitter.com/srksuperfanatic/status/721368949007458304

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

noor321AS-Rifi-DZ-

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Dead
go watch FAN, thank god for GAURAV, parda behind SHAH is seen .
i am starting to HATE him and his arrogance.
bloody crap he charges a bomb for doing ghatiyaa item numbers at weddings. you should see how he sweats for these  ghatiya item numbers..yukkk
as his fan it was sad to see him getting insulted by all ...from police to someone who rents him for doing item numbers.Dead
he sits in make up room perfecting his eyebrows, makeup...its like mirror mirror do i look hot.
NOT. gaurav does not you, creep.Dead
i don't know why poor Gaurav had to chase him here nad there to teach him a lesson. i am glad Gaurav, a FAN, shut this arrogance superstar. believe me,  shah will never ever going to address this in public:
AAJ MAIN JO BHI HOON COS OF MY FANS.

not you are not, weirdo...so happy a FAN Gaurav neh teri bolti band karr di, that was the biggest win for gaurav. like i said no need to chase him, one of his own dialogues did damage to his ego.

it makes you think...are all these superstars who come and wave at their fans, and say, aaj main jo bhi hoon, cos of you fans, really true. THINK. i am starting to doubt this...it feels like bullshit now.

i am totally CONVINCED how you are in REAL. thank you ARYAN.
you know what, Gaurav was not the bad ass, its you, for me Gaurava ws the hero, and you the REAL villain.

i know that there are great lineup  ...performance to arrive this year, Shahid, Sushant, Saif, Rabdeep Hooda, many more,  but  i am confident that Gaurav will make a cut for nominations at least. and if he does win, i wonder how you going to take it. 

YOU WERE SO REAL...SO BLOODY REAL ARYAN KHANNA.

Dead

Salrina_Ashvikcharminggenieblue-ice.

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SELINA_MV

DeadDead for Lunatic Queen
Star for King Khan

give me hugs dear...Hug
for giving baadshah 5 stars.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

ponymo IF-Rockerz
ponymo
ponymo

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:17am | IP Logged

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Blackbillgateshedwig_fawkesSalrina_AshvikHousefullArshi1195gatheringstormColdplayingbriahnaangrybreadBinKuchKahe.NestleToulouseTheRager-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

I am just too Overwhelmed. Fan is an experience.

I don't understand BO or care for it much but this is one film which will continue adding to it's value and legacy with each passing year. It's not an easy movie. Probably one of the toughest ever in recent years. Literally is an off-beat movie with meta as the core context. I don't know how many people will understand the meta but it's a really really intelligent movie. it's one of those movies which would evoke either mixed reactions  or a sense of greatness depending on how much the viewer takes to the concept. Some might not even get it.

And truly, nobody but SRK could have done this.  It runs the risk of movie being an ego-trip, in many ways it might be too. But the way he deconstructs the superstar and the fan makes it much more than that.
He is not just the perfect "Actor" to pull this off but also the only "Superstar" who can gamble this way. You would have needed either the Khans or AB Sr for this concept and none but SRK could have pulled it off because of his bravery, smugness or whatever you might call it.  I just don't see any other actor staking claim of their stardom and risking it this way. Bravo, SRK. Thats how you make a comeback. He literally has changed the game with Fan.

Movie- Yes, Manish's idea related to king's Misery but it goes beyond . It's an interesting take on the Celeb-Fan equation. I think we all on IF probably have witnessed such fans or have been one of them in our years defending our favs or their personal/professional lives. Gaurav is sum of all that. And they made him real too, family , he knows the reality but chooses to ignore it with a sneer and yet is so innocent in his fanaticism . Interestingly they humanized Gaurav with family angle to define a FAN but kept the personal extensions of Aryan away from our eyes. I loved the interplay with this. 

The first half, for me at least was different because it followed through Gaurav , setting him up - the fan. Shah as Gaurav gets the mannerism, that innocence so spot on. The "walk" , the glint in eyes and the aspirations of a fan are so smartly captured. But it's the second half where Gaurav becomes the "wronged" fan. That feeling of betrayal. Shah was so so good. I would say it's trickier Act than his Darr outings.

Aryan- By far the toughest role in comparison and honestly I don't see any Actor doing it. It's so not easy to not just let the meta be so close to reality. Somethings, some dialogues and events are so close to SRk the real Superstar , that fine line of not overplaying in indulgence and setting aside boundaries between Aryan and SRk, himself - Jeez, SRk owned the film with this role for me. It's such a startling take in a Superstar's life, the insecurities- that scene in the empty theater was love - the emotion there. The shaadi jibe , so many other scenes it just is so brave. I mean here is probably one of the biggest Superstar of the world and he is taking the risk of not just offending the "Stans" but also making himself seem so vulnerable/flawed not at a personal level but as a Superstar . His relationship and take on fans and fame. Very Very interesting role . 

Second Half - Honestly, I get why people feel second half is a let down, I think they have a different take on First half than me. But for me Second half scores lot more simply because it captures the context of the movie better. The chase sequences be an indulgence but it's Aryan Khanna, an extension of SRK and the kind of cinema he represents . Overindulgence but part of Aryan's Cinema. 

Acting- He got his Fan back, probably his throne too. Doesn't need the banal numbers or Awards , what he did with this one is by far the most bravest attempt at movie making. Acting wise- he played both roles just right. Gaurav got the fan psych , the "West Delhi" swag . While Aryan is different from SRK himself yet you end up thinking if this character is the man himself . Aryan>>>Gaurav for me.
 Now someone just chain him up and make him act in movies which have a SCRIPT and a DIRECTOR. 

Acting - 5 
Editing 3 ( Could have been tighter)
Direction 3.5
Script - 4 ( the chase sequences were a bit overkill)

I have a feeling this film will go the Barfi way , it has a distinct repeat value . But the risk be some might not get used to the Meta and the whole celeb-fan psyche. 

Bri- If you are reading this, you  got your Shah back.
So true even in the 2nd half where he's supposed to be the bad guy, they still manage to maintain the mannerism for Gaurav.

Spoilers 

Remember the scene right before the end where he starts shooting at Aryan?? His eyes probably half closed and his hands are kinda shaky.
And he even jumps when he hears the sound of the bullet. 
Then that look in his eyes when he sees his parents looking at him disappointed with a gun in his hand.
The way he instantly comes down when they say "Gaurav niche utro" 
I also agree of him knowing reality somewhat but just being ignorant, you clan tell every time he says "rehne tu nhi samjhega" deep down he knows others won't understand his obsession. (Love in his eyes of course)
There are so many small moments like these that'll make audience feel for Gaurav. 

Edited by Beautyful_Mess - 16 April 2016 at 10:20am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullpieryroseangrybreadcharminggenieAS-Rifiblue-ice.-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

if you thought Datto is one memorable character, wait till you see Gaurav.
GAURAV does not need a Hirani.
GAURAV does not need a chaddi.
GAURAV does not need a 6 pack.
GAURAV does not need a heroine,
GAURAV does not need a song.
GAURAV will make you smile.
GAURAV will make you cry.
GAURAV will make you think.
GAURAV will leave you speechless.
GAURAV will make you his FAN ...FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew of Shah's capabilities, but to this extent, never.  but then i heard he was a stage performer once, maybe he went to acting school, like Kangana, maybe they struggled, maybe they failed at times, maybe they kept trying to make it perfect and they DID!
perfect!

that's the right word, i think for GAURAV .perfect!

TAKE A BOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so emotional right now...so very emotional ... i hope i live longer to see more of GAURAV!
pls god, make sure i do wake up tomorrow.

goodnight.

WOW...Bri...this was ur best rant ever...Clap Clap...and YESSS...Gaurav has proven what SRK said ...that I am like a Rolls Royce...I don't need an engine...I can run on my reputation..Star

I haven't even seen the movie yet and I am feeling so overwhelmed...pata nahi movie dekhne ke baad kya hogaEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

I agree...Gaurav is the game changer in Fan. The whole cinema was rooting for him even when he was wrong in the eyes of the law. No sympathies for Aryan the superstar

Embarrassed
REAL DEAL.
#brilliance
#performance

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Housefullanitaraniblue-ice.-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 10:24am | IP Logged
ye HB kahan chala gaya? Review de Bhai...ye haterzz se jyada mujhe fans se darr lagta haiOuch

noor321AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top