Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant

comedy level has come down (Page 2)

vita93 Goldie
vita93
vita93

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MelodiousDreams

Can I just say, you write so well!! So eloquentClap

I am kind of on the fence about the comedy level, to be honest...

Off the top of my head, I just want to say that I don't like Shogu's scheming and her superiority complex at all, but her attempts to teach Matthew Hindi and her recent scenes with Dev were kind of funny.

I will agree. Shoguta's (why she is called shOgUta and not shUgOta i will never understandLOL) superiority complex is really strange and very off-putting - I completely don't understand why she refers to herself in 3rd person all the timeErmmErmm She's mean to every body in the house, including bossing around her mother as well. She acts like she's in a different world from her father and brothers - and I'm so glad that Shaan doesn't give a damn about her most of the timeLOLLOL He's always just brushing her off which annoys her a lot!

Her scene was Dev was quite endearing to me - because he made so much sense!!
"Obsidian"
"Yeh sirf kaala hi hain"ROFL
Good job Dev! And I love how he got so mad when she tried to insinuate that he had a thing for her...oh deluded childLOLLOL

Aishwarya may be loud and crazy, but I actually really enjoy her bickering with Dev! I think Anokhee and Neel have a unique chemistry that comes across in Dev/Aishwarya's sparring.

I really wish they replace Shogu scenes with her more often! 

I enjoy watching Surili, but her constant resistance to even slightly acknowledge Rajni's good manners and competence (we all know "competence" doesn't do justice to Rajni's actual abilities!) is starting to get to me now. Maggi and Sharmila are obviously worse than 5-year-olds, with their arguing and complaining...But really, what is holding Surili back from admitting that Rajni is the nicest young woman in that house? Because that's the truth...and I hope Surili can come to terms with that.

I really don't understand what her main problem with Rajni is. It's been shown time and again that she knows her two bahus are nikamma and quite dumb, yet she doesn't get as angry with them?? Is it just the fact that Shaan chose her himself and didn't consult her? Or that she prefers to be a housewife than work (as if M&S do anything themselves).

I think it might also be because Amrish is so smitten by Rajni - maybe Surili feels that if this goes on, Rajni might usurp her position in the household! Like you said, hope she realises that the two of them are better off working together.

The Kant men and their interactions with Rajni continue to be my favorites, hands down. Amrish is the sweetest man ever, and his 3 sons are always able to make me smile, too. These guys are my lifelines. Thank god for Ghyaan, Shaan, and Dhyaan, seriously! Also Shaan-Rajni-Dev are my favorite trio when it comes to fun with a dash of seriousness, but that goes without saying!

Amrish is amazing! I'm glad that he takes Rajni's side on most matters - and that the brothers are supportive of Shajni. Their wives can try to take issue with Rajni but they're mostly petty things that doesn't bother Rajni, so it's good that she has support from them too.

I love the lightheartedness of the show in general, but a lot of my most favorite moments are the ones that have undertones of emotional sensitivity, even if they are surrounded by a humorous context. I think that is one of the places where this show's writers have done a pretty good job so far and I hope they'll continue to do so.

A few examples from last week...

I loved the unexpectedness of Shaan-Rajni's argument about their IQs and earning a living. It started off as funny but it also touched on quite a few important issues and addressed societal mores about husband-wife dynamics and a woman's role within the household. The pillow scene later on was super adorable and it was a lovely segue into their conversation about what it means to be "khafa" with someone. Their scenes have such a good balance of emotions, with a seamless flow from one mood to the next!

You took the words out of my mouth!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
I completely agree with you about husband-wife dynamics and a woman's role. I think this show portrays very different scenes - where you have a confident working woman (Surili) who probably expects similar ideals from her daughters-in-law. Instead, she has a DIL who is strives to work at home. It should not undermine her intelligence and her hard work simply because she stays at home rather than goes out. Also, I really loved that Rajni pointed out that she is smarter than Shaan. One of Shaan's biggest flaws in the show is his massive ego, which comes out everytime he talks about Rajni (I'm so proud of myself!, reminding Dev and others that he is very smart). While Rajni is his creation, if she is smarter than himself then he cannot always put down what she says. Hopefully as time goes, she makes him more humble and understand her worth.

Curious question: if Rajni takes over household chores (I think that was Shaan's original aim in the first place because he did not like how Aishwariya dominated the house), what happens to Aish??ConfusedConfused

Rajni/Dhyaan are turning out to be a lovely bhabhi/devar pairing, too. The confrontation over the bag full of clothes was a nice prelude - "Trust me!" "No! You trust me!" - and I thought their conversation about gambling was quite wonderful. It remains to be seen what will happen next week, but I'm hoping their bond will strengthen as well.

I was initially scared that he would be angry with Rajni, but it turned out better than expected. Dhyaan is quite a nice guy who is dominated by his wife on one end and probably his mother on the other. Hopefully she gives him the courage to stand up for himself.

I like that the show constantly uses Rajni to make socially aware messagesClapClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MelodiousDreamsbewakoofLadkislippery_chilka

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vita93

Can I just say, you write so well!! So eloquentClap

Thank you! Embarrassed I'm sending that compliment right back your way because I feel the same about your writing! Wink

I will agree. Shoguta's (why she is called shOgUta and not shUgOta i will never understandLOL) superiority complex is really strange and very off-putting - I completely don't understand why she refers to herself in 3rd person all the timeErmmErmm She's mean to every body in the house, including bossing around her mother as well. She acts like she's in a different world from her father and brothers - and I'm so glad that Shaan doesn't give a damn about her most of the timeLOLLOL He's always just brushing her off which annoys her a lot!

Her scene was Dev was quite endearing to me - because he made so much sense!!
"Obsidian"
"Yeh sirf kaala hi hain"ROFL
Good job Dev! And I love how he got so mad when she tried to insinuate that he had a thing for her...oh deluded childLOLLOL

Ah, I know! Same pinch, haha. Swagata (Shagota) or Shugota are both perfectly acceptable Bengali names. Mishmash of both is what we've got in the show...Maybe Surili wanted to be "different" while naming her darling daughter...The only thing I've liked about Shogu so far is her IM lingo. And that's really not saying much in her favor. Her snobbish attitude far surpasses Surili's - and here I thought having Surili, Maggi, and Sharmila around was too much! The best thing about Shogu is how Shaan totally snubs her again and again! LOL Man, I LOVE sarcastic Shaan! And also Dev is such an adorable guy, trying to stand up to her in his bumbling way!

I really wish they replace Shogu scenes with her more often! 

I'd take Dev-Aishwarya scenes over Shoguta and her sisters-in-law any day!

I really don't understand what her main problem with Rajni is. It's been shown time and again that she knows her two bahus are nikamma and quite dumb, yet she doesn't get as angry with them?? Is it just the fact that Shaan chose her himself and didn't consult her? Or that she prefers to be a housewife than work (as if M&S do anything themselves).

I think it might also be because Amrish is so smitten by Rajni - maybe Surili feels that if this goes on, Rajni might usurp her position in the household! Like you said, hope she realises that the two of them are better off working together.

I'd appreciate clarity on this, too. Surili is proud of her Bengali heritage...Fine. But her Bengali bahu Sharmila is petulant and acts like a spoiled 5-year-old brat all the time - and that's okay? Maggi/Sharmila are supposed to be working women, right? Then why are they never shown working and always shown arguing and trying to plot against Rajni? Sigh. Rajni may not be Bengali, but she listens to people and doesn't waste time when it comes to actually doing the things that are demanded of her. I also feel that Surili is partially miffed because Shaan had a girlfriend/fiancee that she didn't know about...which is ironic because in the early episodes, Surili was the one who wanted Shaan to have a love life!

Surili definitely feels threatened by Rajni's rapport with all of the men in the Kant household. Such a pity that ALL of the women in that house dislike or outright loathe the poor girl! I really, really hope things get better - if Rajni wasn't a robot, she probably would've felt suffocated in that house already!

Amrish is amazing! I'm glad that he takes Rajni's side on most matters - and that the brothers are supportive of Shajni. Their wives can try to take issue with Rajni but they're mostly petty things that doesn't bother Rajni, so it's good that she has support from them too.

Amrish is a wonderful example of a balanced human being. He's logical but sensitive, and he's actually the most sane person out of the lot. I want a father figure like him in my life! Dil khush kar ditta! LOL

You took the words out of my mouth!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
I completely agree with you about husband-wife dynamics and a woman's role. I think this show portrays very different scenes - where you have a confident working woman (Surili) who probably expects similar ideals from her daughters-in-law. Instead, she has a DIL who is strives to work at home. It should not undermine her intelligence and her hard work simply because she stays at home rather than goes out. Also, I really loved that Rajni pointed out that she is smarter than Shaan. One of Shaan's biggest flaws in the show is his massive ego, which comes out everytime he talks about Rajni (I'm so proud of myself!, reminding Dev and others that he is very smart). While Rajni is his creation, if she is smarter than himself then he cannot always put down what she says. Hopefully as time goes, she makes him more humble and understand her worth.

Very nicely put! Clap I like the rather ambivalent approach that is being taken here, as far as I can tell...On one hand, it's great that there are working women who are very career-driven, like Surili Kant, who feel that women should be out there in the business world. But the flip-side to that is that the house can dissolve into complete chaos when there's no one to take care of those duties. Housewives should not be dismissed or looked down upon simply because they don't have a regular 9-5 job. Technically speaking, they have the most important job, one that is 24/7 and almost always is taken for granted! Ideally, I feel that there should be a balance between work and home life - because women are the ones who really bind the family together!

So much word to the bit about Shaan's ego and Rajni hopefully bringing that down a few notches! I never thought about Shaan's catchphrase being a sort of manifestation of his ego...But wow. That reminds me, I think Karan mentioned that Shaan is actually rather robotic in terms of his thought processes...He misses out on emotional nuances sometimes. Very interesting, that. Yeah, I adore Shaan but a bit more humility won't hurt him. If anything, it'll make me appreciate his personality even more than I already do. There have already been at least a few key Shaan-Rajni moments where he's had that sort of realization, so cheers to more of that!

Curious question: if Rajni takes over household chores (I think that was Shaan's original aim in the first place because he did not like how Aishwariya dominated the house), what happens to Aish??ConfusedConfused

I have a feeling Aishwarya is going to stick around till the bitter end! LOL She said she'd be the last one to die in that house, remember? I think Shaan was mega frustrated by how unbelievably USELESS his family was in terms of household chores/maintenance...Everything went for a toss when Aishwarya went out for a break. Enter Rajni, the perfect solution to this problem...Or so Shaan thought.

I was initially scared that he would be angry with Rajni, but it turned out better than expected. Dhyaan is quite a nice guy who is dominated by his wife on one end and probably his mother on the other. Hopefully she gives him the courage to stand up for himself.

I like that the show constantly uses Rajni to make socially aware messagesClapClap

I feel so bad for Dhyaan! He's a darling! But he is quite a pushover even though he has plenty of sass...If he learns to stand up for himself and put an end to Sharmila's kiddish tantrums, I will be proud of him. I hope both Shaan and Rajni are able to help Dhyaan out. They both seem to have a good relationship with him and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more development on that front.

Same here! And even if she does a mini info-dump to explain something, it doesn't sound ridiculous because Rajni is a robot! She has data banks and a logic board!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

slippery_chilka

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rein123

I get what most of you'll are trying to say. but don't you'll think that after the marriage drama the following episodes feel like mere fillers and that a story arc connecting to the main plot seems to be missing. I mean the makers got rajni and Shaan married but what after that? Just Rajni managing household chores and Surily and shoguta just mocking her while she predictably outsmarts them every time. Is the story going to progress forward or we just have to expect fillers everyday? If it's going to move forward then how exactly?.

This is true! I'm curious about what is in store as far as the overall story arc goes. Has Shaan gotten the money from his grandfather's will yet? How is Shaan going to resolve the confusion regarding who his actual robot is? Because poor Dev has been dragged into this mess, too! I hope we get to see more of the upgrades and programs that Shaan plans to enhance Rajni with, along with the emotional conflicts that accompany these changes. I'm here to see emotional development and family dynamics that will strengthen in a positive manner over time...And at the center of all of this is the Shaan-Rajni relationship!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vita93slippery_chilka

Rein123 Goldie
Rein123
Rein123

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nedhvik-91

its the best running show ...

Yes It's the best running show, there's no doubt about it but it's only the best among lifeok shows. It would awesome if it could be the best among all the shows on all the channels and not just lifeok, if it manages to do that then it'll be truly amazing. For example getting a trp rating above 5. I know it's just wishful thinking and probably difficult but if the makers come up with a really good plot progression with surprising twists balanced by a fair share of comedy then this show can definitely achieve it. Coming back to my original point, even the best show tends to lose steam the minute it begins to fail to keep the audience engaged. And to get that done the plot has to progress in a manner that keeps people wondering what happens next while all we've been getting is stuff that's very predictable lately. For example Rajni winning against Surily so easily. Till now it only seems like the main thing driving the story is keeping Rajni's identity a secret but there are better ways of progressing the story in that direction. For example introducing a rival for Shaan in the robotics field who could probably be his much talented cousin or someone like that who also finds something fishy in Rajni besides trying his best in sabotaging Shaan's projects and unknowingly exposing Rajni. That would definitely make the story interesting.

Edited by Rein123 - 18 April 2016 at 9:18am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vita93slippery_chilka

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index