Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Stop criticizing Tony and Deeya (Page 3)

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 23 November 2004 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jammy

Originally posted by kshreya2002

if u study the general trend of trps(in an unbiased manner) then u will notice that trps have fallen. trps did fine till the a roy episode. after that purab made his 2nd re-entry and trps have gone downhill.
coming to polls..yes they are rigged. if u console urself by thinking purab is popular by looking at the poll results given by SET...i cant help it. but dont u think jjkn wud have been becoming more and more popular w/ purab-jassi track if it was working? instead its lost most of its viewers atleast india. earlier EVERYONE in my office used to watch the show. Now im the lone fan remaining. the death blow was jassi DEMANDING ceoship and dumping armaan for purab w/out much reason(she did not know he was lying).

Yeah!!

If thats true then why hasnt the TRP suddenly jumped back to its old place ever since all the signs have started showing that jassi will end with armaan?? It is still in the low rung!!

Jammy

Trp always take time to get back.Mainly because once someone has lost interest in a show he or she hardly goes back to find out what's happenning.In fact they stop following it's progress at all until some one tells them something very intersting which might get them back to the show.

My parents were great fans of JJKN.But they suddenly stopped watching it once the focus shifted from Gulmohar to Jassi Purab camadiere.They complained a lot about the lack of comedy then which was the biggest trumph card of the serial..I often ask them abt the tv shows & now they have started watching some Bengali programme in it's place.In fact last week I was pleading them to start watching JJKN again because they are showing a lot more Gulmohar stuff ( I told them about the ET & 3T episode).I'm not sure abt the status though.

I can speak for myself.I was a great fan of Kusum and never missed any episode.Now even a herd of elephants can't drag me to see or even read it's updates.This is when Kusum's trp is being registered highest after the indian idol. How or when it regained it's popularity,I am not even interested in finding out.

Similarly,JJKN might have lost some of it's viewers 6 months back and kept losing some more on the way till date.Hence right now,no resurrection is helping it's cause.Only the core viewers are left and if half of them decide to exit after Purab,then only the ones who truly love JJKN for Jassi herself will be left to see her to the end.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 23 November 2004 at 12:55am | IP Logged

Exactly my point, now who is responsible for keeping the intrest of the auidience!! The director right!!

So if you see the core discussion of the topic is if it is right to criticise directors or not. The TRP was just a reply to Kshreya's query, Maybe you are right that the show lost its TRP, because T & D ignored many of the plus points of the show and frankly I can point out many other.

Like they forgot bindya's life!! , they forgot maria's life, They forgot pari and nandu. Suddenly they sidelined everyone minnie!! that was not direction but a pathetic mis-direction. and now why people are angry is for the fact that the reason they sideline all of the above stories was to show a relationship develop between jassi and purab. But now after six months they so abruptly ended that relationship!!

SO it means that those 6 months were nothing but just a meaning less waste of time, where they not only lost thier fans, but also are now disappointing the remaining ones. In the end I guess only they and mona singh will be remaining to see what happens in the end.

Actually after much thinking I have reached to a conclusionthat T & D arent great shakes as director and thier sceenplay wasnt great either. Frankly the show gathered alot of popularity in the begining. But then they were very sincerely following BLF, and I dont mind accepting at that time, that I too was once vouching for amraan to see the error of his ways and fall for jassi. But then ever since they took the screenplay in thier own hands and have decided to play the show thier way, they havent been able to handle the story. They were like that child who is dragged into a divorce case and where he is not able to decide if he has to choose father or his mother. Then in that confusion they asked the audience through a poll. The auidience being emotional told them to go to mother, Well after staying with mother for sometime they realised that the court is not giving them permission to keep the child with mother. she now not matter how stupid, harsh & meaning less they had to be with the child they did that, and now they will try to reunite the child with his father.

The end result is that the child today is emotionally dead, behaving irrationally.

Jammy.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 23 November 2004 at 1:03am | IP Logged

LOL Well put Jammy.Only there never was any divorce but a custody fight.The child got stuck between his real parents and foster parents.

The foster parents should NEVER have entered the scene in the first place.They did not have any right to.

Edited by Minnie - 23 November 2004 at 1:08am
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 23 November 2004 at 1:13am | IP Logged

Yes but do you agree that since there WAS a relationship between purab and jassi which they them self had decided to show, then they could have dont justice to that story line.

Instead they choose to take the low road and end it on such a sour note. Agreed purab was copied from michels character. But if you ready BLF, Betty never parted with Micheal on a sour note. Also please micheal was never engaged to betty. micheal never went to her house met her parents never took them out for dinner, or was so emotionally attached to betty's father. Trust me they have made a fathers worst nightmare come true when somebody breaks an engagement, that too somebody whom they made billu trust so much.

Jammy.

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Also Michel came in after Armando's reality was revealed and after Armando fell in love w/ betty. so this makes me think we may have another character as michel. 
surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 23 November 2004 at 4:45am | IP Logged
I hope so!  I dont think the character of Purab justified the wonderful Michel in Betty.
gilgamesh Senior Member
gilgamesh
gilgamesh

Posted: 23 November 2004 at 4:58am | IP Logged

"Stop criticizing T&D" - puuuuhhhhhlllllllllllleeeeeeeezzzzzzzeeeee - give me a break! T&D raked in lotsa moolah with this show n proudly paraded their names in taking the viewers for a ride AND delivering an extremely shoddy productAngry These guys are veterans of the entertainment business and not novices that their mistakes can be overlooked/forgiven.

Also Michel came in after Armando's reality was revealed and after Armando fell in love w/ betty. so this makes me think we may have another character as michel. 

Given T&D's track record - I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT!

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 23 November 2004 at 5:22am | IP Logged

I can tell for sure that Purab's character was based upon michel, so no hopes for another character left. I have confirmed this from my source.

T & D messed up the story.

Jammy.

Go to top