Siya Ke Ram

Bharat Milaap: A Journey in Personal Healing and Spiritual Growth

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 10:12pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankita.11mango-pie...Mirage...AnokhisharmaRadhikeraniJustlikethat1Shivam...KrishnaPriyaa..RamKiJanaki..

Ankita.11 Senior Member
Ankita.11
Ankita.11

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Hmm...I kind of now understand what you were telling at the ED&F thread...
Thanks for translating and posting it here.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MagadhSundariJustlikethat1

Radhikerani IF-Sizzlerz
Radhikerani
Radhikerani

Crazy Creative Junior

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Wonderful assess ment of the track. It is actually one of the most moving parts of Ramayan, except maybe Seeta's departure or when Lakshman gets hit by the Shakti.
Bharats' inner turmoil is portrayed so touchingly by Tulsidasji! Oh, how he keeps rocking between the confidence granted by his pure bhakti and the shame his Mom's thoughtless acts have put him to. Then, bhakti emerges victorious, with occasional glimpses of the ziddi little brother who wants his Raam bhaiya, Seeta bhabhi and little Lakshman to return with him to Ayodhya. Then comes the mature Bharat who very sportingly accepts the responsibility Raam entrusts him with, and returns with the divine paaduka.
Thanks for the translations of them all! Day Dreaming
Bharat for me is the always-sweet brother who'd go to any length to impress his bhaiya and keep him happy. His sacrifice of the riches of the palace was the very proof of his love. Oh, the way he gives up his dues for no fault of his.
Also, I came across his replacement suggestions now itself, and I must say he was pretty intelligent. Raamji must have laughed even in his sorrow at this. I so want to hear his reply to such a sweet solution!
Yeah, Sujayji did a pretty good work in SKR as Bharat, as the only sane character but as you said, the script failed him miserably once he returned to Ayodhya.

mohi anuchara kara ketika baata, tehi maha kusamau baama vidhaata  
jau hatha karau ta nipata  kukarmu, haragiri te guru sevaka dharmu

^This was another very touching line. All of Bharat's anxieties and insecurities is rolled up in this one little couplet, making it the most heartbreaking of the lot!
But yes, Raamji is there to cure his of it, so no worries!

P.S. Feels so nice to see you here after such a long time!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

...Mirage...MagadhSundariJustlikethat1..RamKiJanaki..

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 5:04am | IP Logged
The write up is awesome Clap thank you for quoting RCM and the detailed explanation of Bharath's journey. 
The main reason why bharath is held in even higher regard than Lakshman is because of his absolute surrender to Shri Ram. 

SKR did fail in showing this by making Bharath a rebel. The fact that Bharath administrated Ayodhya from Nandigram considering  the kingdom as a burden and not as his entitlement. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

...Mirage...MagadhSundari..RamKiJanaki..

...Mirage... IF-Dazzler
...Mirage...
...Mirage...

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:16am | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MagadhSundari..RamKiJanaki..

mango-pie Senior Member
mango-pie
mango-pie

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Very Good and Nice post...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagadhSundari

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankita.11

Hmm...I kind of now understand what you were telling at the ED&F thread...
Thanks for translating and posting it here.

My pleasure! Glad it resonated.

Ankita.11

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Radhikerani

Wonderful assess ment of the track. It is actually one of the most moving parts of Ramayan, except maybe Seeta's departure or when Lakshman gets hit by the Shakti.
Bharats' inner turmoil is portrayed so touchingly by Tulsidasji! Oh, how he keeps rocking between the confidence granted by his pure bhakti and the shame his Mom's thoughtless acts have put him to. Then, bhakti emerges victorious, with occasional glimpses of the ziddi little brother who wants his Raam bhaiya, Seeta bhabhi and little Lakshman to return with him to Ayodhya. Then comes the mature Bharat who very sportingly accepts the responsibility Raam entrusts him with, and returns with the divine paaduka.
Thanks for the translations of them all! Day Dreaming
Bharat for me is the always-sweet brother who'd go to any length to impress his bhaiya and keep him happy. His sacrifice of the riches of the palace was the very proof of his love. Oh, the way he gives up his dues for no fault of his.
Also, I came across his replacement suggestions now itself, and I must say he was pretty intelligent. Raamji must have laughed even in his sorrow at this. I so want to hear his reply to such a sweet solution!
Yeah, Sujayji did a pretty good work in SKR as Bharat, as the only sane character but as you said, the script failed him miserably once he returned to Ayodhya.

mohi anuchara kara ketika baata, tehi maha kusamau baama vidhaata  
jau hatha karau ta nipata  kukarmu, haragiri te guru sevaka dharmu

^This was another very touching line. All of Bharat's anxieties and insecurities is rolled up in this one little couplet, making it the most heartbreaking of the lot!
But yes, Raamji is there to cure his of it, so no worries!

P.S. Feels so nice to see you here after such a long time!

Prooo Hug Great to see you too, by now you know which specific tracks of any mytho bring me out of my cave LOL Thanks for adding your lovely thoughts, my dear! Totally agree with you on the alternatives he suggests - just the thought that he deliberated so hard and came up with plans like this to put in front of Shri Ram is adorable, like a kid planning something for their parents. Somehow reminds me of another RCM chaupaai which appears in Sundar Kand when Hanuman returns from Lanka and falls at Shri Ram's feet - "suni Prabhu param saral Kapi baani, evamastu tab kaheu Bhavaani" - it only takes that kind endearingly sincere and simple "param saral" speech to win God over.

Radhikerani

Go to top