Ye Hai Mohabbatein

India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

For the love of God - stop the abuse (Page 3)

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -K.13-

Word and I understand part of it is a defense mechanism too

But man I just want to watch one Indian show to completion for respite from my stressful life - a semi-light-hearted show with some drama that keeps me watching but doesn't weigh me down & honestly it's impossible.

I'm not Indian so my cultural perspective is different but I love my heritage & it's a pain when the one show that actually captured my eye is now just crushing my sense of humanity.

I compartmentalized after not watching/reading surrogacy against my moral conscious bc I'm like the people you talked about. Am I ashamed? Sure but man I just enjoyed watching the cast at work and seeing flickers of the characters I once loved.

Idk it's a pain as a conscious viewer so no wonder everyone shuts down emotionally

I just don't get why the people with more power and reach don't have any humanity left in the face of money especially when it's well established that viewers will eat anything they serve

Nope. Not just you. Even i am guilty of , I watch this serial from time to time just because of that emotion and escape too. Sometimes it annoys me and I react but ashamed never. 

It's like conditioning, Ekta is very smart, see , she is not spelling it as "child abuse" not many will acknowledge it and will ignore. The more the pain, tears ..more money for her. Yup, these guys are that heartless.  It's a rat race. it is just not practical or makes sense of how Ishita landed in Aus or how ruhi escaped there and is a pop star. Her focus is not abuse, she is using it to set up the next conflict bait.  

I remember you mentioned somewhere how this scene is not censored because this is not acknowledged "evil" . Emotional abuse,  saas hitting bahus be your prime time entertainment. It's normal .Sleepy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

megha2227-K.13-

-K.13- IF-Sizzlerz
-K.13-
-K.13-

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

Nope. Not just you. Even i am guilty of , I watch this serial from time to time just because of that emotion and escape too. Sometimes it annoys me and I react but ashamed never.

It's like conditioning, Ekta is very smart, see , she is not spelling it as "child abuse" not many will acknowledge it and will ignore. The more the pain, tears ..more money for her. Yup, these guys are that heartless. It's a rat race. it is just not practical or makes sense of how Ishita landed in Aus or how ruhi escaped there and is a pop star. Her focus is not abuse, she is using it to set up the next conflict bait.

I remember you mentioned somewhere how this scene is not censored because this is not acknowledged "evil" . Emotional abuse, saas hitting bahus be your prime time entertainment. It's normal .Sleepy

Man what do people with a conscious watch in India? I've seen various desi shows on & off and they are all the same filled with torture, bechari bahu, and now this child angle is being added into many shows. It's like there is nothing decent with good acting to watch.

And I get it. Honestly I get how much of a genius EK is for banking on emotionally manipulating viewers.

Studies show TV, movies, books & such affects the viewer's psyche. humans are prone to empathize with characters and that means feeling with them... so in the moment someone is watching Ruhi get beat, their brain is mirroring the emotions of either Ruhi or Nidhi.

Now tell me how disgusting that is but its real bc I've done some research in the area as many health care schools here use literature & film to help raise empathy toward marginalized populations in rising professionals

Edited by -K.13- - 14 April 2016 at 11:24pm

megha2227charminggenie

sanayhm0001 Goldie
sanayhm0001
sanayhm0001

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
bang on post kri
totally agree with u

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.13-

Sri1091 IF-Sizzlerz
Sri1091
Sri1091

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
I agree krishy they are jst using these social issues for creating drama if they show this to educate the society by showing d measures to be takes against child abuse den it will be okay but these people are showing this only for d sake of drama wat is there in dat to entertain people?? If they think abusing a child entertains people in anyway they are phsyco's but d viewers are not these people shld be taught a lesson for handling these social issues in an insesitive way I really can't understand how a women can write something like this itz really digusting

sanayhm0001-K.13-

-K.13- IF-Sizzlerz
-K.13-
-K.13-

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sri1091

I agree krishy they are jst using these social issues for creating drama if they show this to educate the society by showing d measures to be takes against child abuse den it will be okay but these people are showing this only for d sake of drama wat is there in dat to entertain people?? If they think abusing a child entertains people in anyway they are phsyco's but d viewers are not these people shld be taught a lesson for handling these social issues in an insesitive way I really can't understand how a women can write something like this itz really digusting

You are right, Sri...and really to me this isn't even shocking bc a woman is writing it bc I could never expect any person - man or woman - to think this is okay for drama...especially if they are parents themselves

Everytime I start to think of what happened to Ruhi for this leap - I feel sick but then I learned unintentionally that they took it to the extent of showing this much...like how? why?

General viewers will watch anything so what was the point of including it? Did the writer get a sick kick or what? I just can't fully wrap my head around this even if I get the idea they are psychologically trapping the viewers...I just don't understand how people who have power to inspire society don't try...especially when we mostly see news about rape, corruption, riots, infringing rights of minorities, religious conflict, etc...

Sri1091

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by charminggenie

It's like conditioning, Ekta is very smart, see , she is not spelling it as "child abuse" not many will acknowledge it and will ignore. The more the pain, tears ..more money for her. Yup, these guys are that heartless. It's a rat race. it is just not practical or makes sense of how Ishita landed in Aus or how ruhi escaped there and is a pop star. Her focus is not abuse, she is using it to set up the next conflict bait.

I remember you mentioned somewhere how this scene is not censored because this is not acknowledged "evil" . Emotional abuse, saas hitting bahus be your prime time entertainment. It's normal .Sleepy

Man what do people with a conscious watch in India? I've seen various desi shows on & off and they are all the same filled with torture, bechari bahu, and now this child angle is being added into many shows. It's like there is nothing decent with good acting to watch.
The youth has progressed to watching other online shows or something else. Or watch that one odd show which has less of this or appeals to them. 

And I get it. Honestly I get how much of a genius EK is for banking on emotionally manipulating viewers.

Studies show TV, movies, books & such affects the viewer's psyche. humans are prone to empathize with characters and that means feeling with them... so in the moment someone is watching Ruhi get beat, their brain is mirroring the emotions of either Ruhi or Nidhi. 
Internalizing and making this abuse seem like a normal thing. That is scary, imagine how this thought stays in viewer's head. 

Now tell me how disgusting that is but its real bc I've done some research in the area as many health care schools here use literature & film to help raise empathy toward marginalized populations in rising professionals
We have regressed in tv productions. 90s shows be far more progressive and sensitive. It's such a step down.

megha2227-K.13-

Sri1091 IF-Sizzlerz
Sri1091
Sri1091

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sri1091

You are right, Sri...and really to me this isn't even shocking bc a woman is writing it bc I could never expect any person - man or woman - to think this is okay for drama...especially if they are parents themselves

Everytime I start to think of what happened to Ruhi for this leap - I feel sick but then I learned unintentionally that they took it to the extent of showing this much...like how? why?

General viewers will watch anything so what was the point of including it? Did the writer get a sick kick or what? I just can't fully wrap my head around this even if I get the idea they are psychologically trapping the viewers...I just don't understand how people who have power to inspire society don't try...especially when we mostly see news about rape, corruption, riots, infringing rights of minorities, religious conflict, etc...

Agree krishy wat ever crap they show regular viewers will watch no need to show something like this I really can't understand y they are doing this and d most effected character after leap is Ruhi they killed her childhood and she is in trauma now if they wanted to take leap they shld have taken it wen ishita got to know abt surrogacy na?? Atleast Ruhi would have been spared her childhood and life dat time and all d booth and murder track could also have been avoided dnt knw wat crap they will show further this is too much to tolerate

-K.13-

s2397 Goldie
s2397
s2397

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
totally agree with you
cvs are still not satisfied after making fun of sensitive issues like molestation,infertility,surrogacy :/
as usual they will give an improper ending to this child abusing track and continue with drama.

-K.13-Sri1091

Go to top