Ye Hai Mohabbatein

India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

For the love of God - stop the abuse (Page 2)

-K.13- IF-Sizzlerz
-K.13-
-K.13-

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by megha2227

agree.. wonder why aren't there any restrictions against these things by the censor board. Movie's with violent content are being restricted for the younger ones.. why not some strict constrictionwith the television which reach every home in the country? Isn't child abuse a violent thing? Oh and not to forget the appreciation YHM CV's deserve for showing such a content only to benefit from TRP's by gaining sympathy and not spreading any social message. They must be now celebrating the success of their show becoming no. 1 and how to drag the content instead of working on solving such issues.
I know that this is a commercial show and not expect to spread some social message but why can't these shows back off from showing such sensitive issues?

I agree 100%

And SP boosts nayi soch, but what I see isn't nayi soch

Honestly I feel bad criticizing bc I'm only Indian by heritage not birth & I've never lived there. So my cultural frame of reference is very different. But I still can't not feel offended and disgusted.

This cast and crew worked hard to get to #1 the few times they have & you are right now that they are there - they'll stretch the abuse and other things.

I just wish they would be tasteful and have an ounce of humanity left bc I know TRP & money is all that matter to those in the TV industry from channels & PHs to CVs & stars...but a little thought to those who aren't as fortunate would've been a good gesture

TV is a medium to entertain, and I personally don't find this entertaining. Social issues with a message are fine but social issues for drama seems cold-hearted

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

megha2227Mona-sanayhm0001pari2015

-K.13- IF-Sizzlerz
-K.13-
-K.13-

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by traveller_girl

Bang on post Krishy...
I watched the ep only starting 2 mins.then gave up

But seriously showing this is very bad...
Dont know what they want to show by showing all this...
We get it that Nidhi tortured her but that doesn't mean they should show it...

It's sad bc we watch for IshRa but I can't see IshRa with this giant mess

We watch TV for respite from our lives but right now watching YHM is more painful than real life thanks to what I'm not just forced to assume but also asked to see about Ruhi.

Man 7 years of phyical abuse, neglect, and emotional torture coupled with being forced to work as a slave from the tender age of 7-14...like that knowledge enough is beyond hear-breaking & could bring one to tears...but they had to show it

I just don't even know anymore

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sanayhm0001pari2015

RightWingTroll IF-Addictz
RightWingTroll
RightWingTroll

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Agree

This whole story is going overboard

It is like earlier adi negative thing

Nidhi needs to be sent to jail soon

sanayhm0001GBSCpari2015-K.13-

-K.13- IF-Sizzlerz
-K.13-
-K.13-

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --mancityfan--

Agree

This whole story is going overboard

It is like earlier adi negative thing

Nidhi needs to be sent to jail soon

And what's sad is Shagun's emotional abuse of Adi pales in comparison to this.

Capital punishment is of debate in many countries - but honestly this warrants it for Nidhi. 7 years of working a child to the ground, constantly threatening to hurt her family, physically beating her, just for revenge or whatever...like how can anyone with a child have approved of showing this extent of crap?

But sadly Nidhi won't be punished until aunties get bored & TRPs drop bc that's the only language SP/BT speak

megha2227sanayhm0001GBSCpari2015

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
It's a fascinating and scary thought. We as a race are very good at compartmentalizing and finding ways to numb reality. it is not just limited to trp aunties or tv watching but in general world affairs. We have become numb and indifferent to many things. 
There is so much lack of awareness about child abuse that I am sure most of the viewers are not even getting the sensitivity of this issue ( mostly for real time viewers). Online viewer would just skip scenes because it will look for his/her escape..maybe in IshRa they find that. There is nothing wrong in what they do because tbh they are running away from their reality. But it's appalling how much the PH and show makers exploit social issues and events for trps because they know audience won't get what is happening or is too afraid to voice it. Heck, I am sure, Ekta and Co will milk this and sell it under the sub-text of Ishra , Ma ka pyaar, Beti ka dard. 

Tv media is a joke. Especially how they cover things. They don't spare death , let alone raise their voice for this. Sell they will, too. 

SNS might just be the only way that can threaten or make the channel buckle...but this is such an issue , nobody would bother or would want to address. IshRa Milan is an escape for them. Compartmentalize they will too..most of them. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

megha2227pari2015-K.13-

-K.13- IF-Sizzlerz
-K.13-
-K.13-

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

It's a fascinating and scary thought. We as a race are very good at compartmentalizing and finding ways to numb reality. it is not just limited to trp aunties or tv watching but in general world affairs. We have become numb and indifferent to many things.
There is so much lack of awareness about child abuse that I am sure most of the viewers are not even getting the sensitivity of this issue ( mostly for real time viewers). Online viewer would just skip scenes because it will look for his/her escape..maybe in IshRa they find that. There is nothing wrong in what they do because tbh they are running away from their reality. But it's appalling how much the PH and show makers exploit social issues and events for trps because they know audience won't get what is happening or is too afraid to voice it. Heck, I am sure, Ekta and Co will milk this and sell it under the sub-text of Ishra , Ma ka pyaar, Beti ka dard.

Tv media is a joke. Especially how they cover things. They don't spare death , let alone raise their voice for this. Sell they will, too.

SNS might just be the only way that can threaten or make the channel buckle...but this is such an issue , nobody would bother or would want to address. IshRa Milan is an escape for them. Compartmentalize they will too..most of them.

Word and I understand part of it is a defense mechanism too

But man I just want to watch one Indian show to completion for respite from my stressful life - a semi-light-hearted show with some drama that keeps me watching but doesn't weigh me down & honestly it's impossible.

I'm not Indian so my cultural perspective is different but I love my heritage & it's a pain when the one show that actually captured my eye is now just crushing my sense of humanity.

I compartmentalized after not watching/reading surrogacy against my moral conscious bc I'm like the people you talked about. Am I ashamed? Sure but man I just enjoyed watching the cast at work and seeing flickers of the characters I once loved.

Idk it's a pain as a conscious viewer so no wonder everyone shuts down emotionally

I just don't get why the people with more power and reach don't have any humanity left in the face of money especially when it's well established that viewers will eat anything they serve

Edited by -K.13- - 14 April 2016 at 11:05pm

GBSCcharminggenie

gargpoo IF-Sizzlerz
gargpoo
gargpoo

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Bang on kri...
They r hungry for trp n money...
They cant show intimate scenes bt can show abusive rape tortures murder etec etc ..
They shud think before writing n showing these stuff...bt nothing matters to them...disgusting!!

GBSC-K.13-

kaa1202 IF-Sizzlerz
kaa1202
kaa1202

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Nothing to add Kri...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.13-

Go to top