India-Forums

Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi
Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi

Symbolism of Characters

AngelsFlyAlone Goldie
AngelsFlyAlone
AngelsFlyAlone

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Hi all! I've noticed in the past few days that every character has one strong quality about themselves and that has been exaggerated in their personalities but we all have the essence of these characteristics.

Dev Dixit: He is the symbol of an inner child within ourselves. We all have this small child within us that only comes out in front of very few people whom we love and trust and I think this child tends to get lost as we grow older and mature and begins to fade away when we get tied up in the outside world.

Sonakshi Bose: I think she is a symbol of dedication and determination. She is very focused towards her work and is passionate about it, and so is Dev, but he is lost into it while she is still able to enjoy the world around us. 

Neha Dixit: She symbolizes the ability to just let go and move past harsh times. She is truly one of my favorite characters and I think there is a time we all need to do it. For students like me, could mean getting over horrendous exam marks or even in daily life, it could mean just mending a broken friendship or getting over a break up.

Ishwari Dixit: Symbol of attachment, possessiveness and insecurities. I believe this to be a very prominent characteristic in all humans, though not to this extent, but in some way or another, we all have this side of ours. Ishwari is in fact also a very 2-faced person, because to her son and family, she is a goddess, but she has her true colors masked by this cover of illusion.

Radha Rani: Though her character is very exaggerated in the show, we all posses some of her qualities. She symbolizes greed and a materialistic attitude. For her, happiness is branded clothes and cars, a gorgeous mansion. The truth is, happiness lies within us and it is our choice to be unhappy and that comes when you are unsatisfied. If Radha Rani did have the money, she'd still be unhappy because she'd find something that she didn't have. Her happiness is short lived. I truly believe somewhere this lies in us too. We trick ourselves into thinking that something makes us happy but the happiness doesn't last long. Its like we purchase something, example branded shoes, and within a week, we'll probably forget that we bought them so we'll want something new again. 

Saurabh Bose: This fella symbolizes the voices in our minds, which keep telling us to give up. I think we all have those days when we just don't feel like working hard or doing anything. A very good example is a very common New Year Resolution, to work out and eat healthy, which only lasts the first 2 weeks of January!

Khatri: I think he represents the keeper of our dark selves. We all have some sort of grey shades within our character and I think Khatri is the keeper of Ishwari's secret. I think this is what we're afraid of, for people to know about some truth which has been hidden from the world.

So fellas, hope ya'll like my analysis! Keep on discussing below :)

Edited by AngelsFlyAlone - 14 April 2016 at 5:37pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

gaya_sublovetwilightSanthuSobtirnegiDevKiShonamg1997Zaya.hpRadzymannu111pcnsbshivamalaSharaaKambakthIshqmilinda.shreyzMimiii22Hey_Bhaggu--Ruchi--adoremevirgo

skar1984 Senior Member
skar1984
skar1984

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Very good analysis - I think you've made some very key observations. I'm not sure how much of the observations you made were the intent of the creatives - meaning not sure if those exaggerations were deliberate for this purpose. Regardless I do enjoy how the characters are taking shape.
My most favorite character is Neha - hands down. She is by far the most real, most convincing and relatable character.  I really feel for her - we've gotten a glimpse of a childhood mercilessly snatched from her and dreams and hopes shattered. 

Dev - his character strikes me as linear - he's so obsessed with his mom - making her happy, doing what she wants him to do - what about Dev? Who is he really? What are his hopes and desires?

Ishwari - she's the most hypocritical character on the show - on the one hand she keeps saying "my dev, my dev's hard earned money" "nutrition is taking sooo much money" etc - but its totally cool to give into every whim of Radha Rani and buy Vikki a car??? Does Ishwari not see that Radha Rani is a greedy, shameless parasite? Why does she feel the need to constantly pacify Radha Rani? Sure Radha Rani let them stay at their house (who knows for how long) when bad times fell on them - but that doesn't mean Ishwari can't take a stand when Radha Rani is over stepping her limit. 

Radha Rani - most disgusting character - u can't help but hate her. However she is realistic - she's not going out of her way to plan and plot like typical saas bahu serials but she is twisting words and scenarios to play victim every single time - we see people like this all the time. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

lovetwilightDevKiShonarnegiZaya.hpAngelsFlyAloneMimiii22Hey_BhagguKambakthIshq

AngelsFlyAlone Goldie
AngelsFlyAlone
AngelsFlyAlone

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by skar1984

Very good analysis - I think you've made some very key observations. I'm not sure how much of the observations you made were the intent of the creatives - meaning not sure if those exaggerations were deliberate for this purpose. Regardless I do enjoy how the characters are taking shape.
My most favorite character is Neha - hands down. She is by far the most real, most convincing and relatable character.  I really feel for her - we've gotten a glimpse of a childhood mercilessly snatched from her and dreams and hopes shattered. 

Dev - his character strikes me as linear - he's so obsessed with his mom - making her happy, doing what she wants him to do - what about Dev? Who is he really? What are his hopes and desires?

Ishwari - she's the most hypocritical character on the show - on the one hand she keeps saying "my dev, my dev's hard earned money" "nutrition is taking sooo much money" etc - but its totally cool to give into every whim of Radha Rani and buy Vikki a car??? Does Ishwari not see that Radha Rani is a greedy, shameless parasite? Why does she feel the need to constantly pacify Radha Rani? Sure Radha Rani let them stay at their house (who knows for how long) when bad times fell on them - but that doesn't mean Ishwari can't take a stand when Radha Rani is over stepping her limit. 

Radha Rani - most disgusting character - u can't help but hate her. However she is realistic - she's not going out of her way to plan and plot like typical saas bahu serials but she is twisting words and scenarios to play victim every single time - we see people like this all the time. 
I fully agree with what you've said in all aspects of the characters as well as the fact that I'm also not too sure whether it was done so deliberately by the creatives. 

Just to add here on Radha Rani, one of my favourite genre of films is science fiction and if it were possible, I'd get the shark from Speilberg's Jaws to swallow her or get Jurassic World's Indominus Rex to go get her! I can't explain how much I hate such people!!!!

Edited by AngelsFlyAlone - 14 April 2016 at 9:05pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DevKiShonaZaya.hp

AngelsFlyAlone Goldie
AngelsFlyAlone
AngelsFlyAlone

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 2:00am | IP Logged
I swear I took so long writing all this and no one bothers to see it :(
AngelsFlyAlone Goldie
AngelsFlyAlone
AngelsFlyAlone

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Guys please discuss something. Took ages to write this!
--Ruchi-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Ruchi--
--Ruchi--

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Good analysisThumbs Up You are right that each and every character has a bit that exists in all of us.

For Dev I can say that he is too much into his mother that he just do not care what is right or what is wrong!
I am actually confused what he wants for himself.

Ishwari-She is like most of the middle aged women in our country,orthodox,relatives- pleasing and hypocrite.But the good thing is she understands what she did wrong when Dev explains her .
 Sonakshi-I just love her,she is speaks her mind,open minded,independent and intelligent!
Neha-She is strong lady,though she is not well educated but she knows her rights very well and she is aware of what she wants.Like all of us the past sometimes dominates her thinking and she becomes too stubborn but yeah this is very normal..we all do so.
Radha rani- I agree with each and every bit of what you said.

Edited by --Ruchi-- - 15 April 2016 at 9:56am

lovetwilightAngelsFlyAlone

_AmyChoco_ Goldie
_AmyChoco_
_AmyChoco_

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Hi Angels
So I am not a fan of the show.But yeah I am familiar with the characters.Casually strolled onto the forum when I saw ur post.As u r dejected by the lack of responses, I thought why not add my 2 cents (albeit silly) for the purpose of discussion.

I see one common thing in Dev & Ishwari that I do often in my life- Feeling so indebted to others that sometimes the true self is lost. Dev is so indebted to Ishwari & so is Ishwari to Radharani. Yes, u can't compare the two cuz the former is based on pure selfless love. But the need to please/take care of the other persons need here is so overwhelming that the line between right n wrong gets blurred.

Neha..she does hold on to grudges..n it surfaces from time to time too.Totally relatable .Don't we do too? Even if we have claimed to have forgotten n moved on, our heart unfortunately does remember the hurt occasionally.Neha is busy at the moment or else we would have seen demons tormenting her.

Radharani...sighh..less said, the better. We do blame Ishwari & Dev for paying heed to all her whims n fancies, but hey I find her hub to b equally guilty. All I see is him rolling his eyes n slapping the useless Vicky.Why can't he talk to Ishwari n tell her discretely its his self respect which is getting trampled on? 

Lol..so I will just stop here before I make a utter fool of myself.

AngelsFlyAlonemilinda.shreyz

milinda.shreyz IF-Rockerz
milinda.shreyz
milinda.shreyz

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:51am | IP Logged
My gawd ! Amy !!
Good to see u here. Me too lurking in the forum almost silently.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AngelsFlyAlone

Go to top