Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Why Shah Rukh Khan's performance in Fan is one of his finest ever

April 17, 2016, 08:33 AM

Shah Rukh Khan is one of India's greatest actors ever - no two ways about it. His fans swear by his genius-level acting skills, and even his harshest critics admit deep down that the man has brought a wide variety of characters to life, with conviction and grace. However, over the past few years, SRK has been associated with a coupled of films and performances that have left his admirers quite disappointed, and his detractors questioning his script choices and acting prowess.

However, with Fan, the supremely talented performer of old is back. In fact, when all's said and done, his dual act in Fan may just go down as one of his best ever. Here are ten reasons why we think that SRK's double-whammy as moviestar Aryan Khanna and his doppelganger Gaurav Chandna is also one of his most memorable performances ever:

He brilliantly induces Gaurav with wide-eye wonder and childlike innocence that every fan of any star would connect to.

Only to bring out a scary relentlessness in the character the very next moment, which makes you realize that Gaurav is more of an obsessed stalker than a star-struck fan.

SRK takes us through a range of emotions experienced by Gaurav, perfectly capturing his every mood, every heartbreak, and every moment of pain.

And, in doing so, he reminds all of us just how amazing of a dramatic actor he is.

It's the quintessential Shah Rukh Khan of old, playing a quintessential insane character in a captivating way that only he can.

And, then there's his other role of Aryan Khanna, which the actor plays with all the charm and magnetism that made us fall in love with him in the first place.

But, he also evokes a steely resolve and unconquerable spirit in Aryan that mirrors SRK's own qualities, which helped him scale his heights of stardom.

In typical SRK style, he plays off the rest of the cast without hogging the limelight from them.

The best aspect of Shah Rukh's dual act is in how he convinces us that the two central characters are completely different personalities, and yet have some startling similar traits.

In the end, we are transfixed with that same wide-eyed wonder that Gaurav has for him, and are reminded why we fell in love with SRK in the first place.

Image and Videos Courtesy: Yash Raj Films

goatian thumbnail
Originally posted by: GERUA

he should not move
FAN is getting lot appreciation
he should release RAEES in EID

this yr could be a repetition of 2004. critical acclamations with Fan and BO success with Raees. Not comparing with 2007 as Chak de itself was a blockbuster. And Ajay will do everything for success as his budget is humongous. 
bokul thumbnail
yes hhh
i feel RAEES can win over Sultan
but forum people think otherwise

yam
well salman fans says PRDP was a blockbuster
goatian thumbnail
Originally posted by: yamyam

These are rumors as of now... we had plenty of those during Dilwale times too.. So lets just wait for official word... I so badly want the clash to happen.. I dont get this golden run of Salman.. His golden run came when audience was thirsty for brainless masala entertainers.. He cashed in on that.. Jai ho and PRDP show the golden power that he has.. I so wish the clash happens

What's SRK afraid of?? Sultan might get a better opening but it's the better movie which will win in the end. If ppl have options to choose they'll definitely choose the better one. If raees moves ppl will be out of options and another biggie for sallu. And let's not forget the director. How much can we expect from a director who made Gundey.
goatian thumbnail
Originally posted by: GERUA

yes hhh
i feel RAEES can win over Sultan
but forum people think otherwise

yam
well salman fans says PRDP was a blockbuster

PRDP budget was 180 cr and it made 208 cr. I don't understand how tthese tags work but according  the logic this forum gives for dilwale (budget 100 BO 148) it's a semi-hit/avg.
Edited by --hhh-- - 8 years ago
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: --hhh--

What's SRK afraid of?? Sultan might get a better opening but it's the better movie which will win in the end. If ppl have options to choose they'll definitely choose the better one. If raees moves ppl will be out of options and another biggie for sallu. And let's not forget the director. How much can we expect from a director who made Gundey.

Heis not afraid.. He never is... If he decides to move it will only be because of Adi and YRF.. Anyhow, lets just hope Ritesh and Farhan dont let it move.. ADHM is also releasing on Diwali.. Three movies just dont make any sense
DarkUnicorn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: --hhh--

This!!!!

bokul thumbnail
ok guys how is a hit tag decided ?
if a film budger is 100 crore
and it makes 200 crore
that is double the investment
does that consider as a hit ?
goatian thumbnail
If Adi and YRF r doing this they r probably afraid of overseas bo. Salman can make 20-30 cr more in Indian BO but clash with SRK might cost them 100cr+ in overseas especially in eid which is the prime vacation in Middle east,  Pakistan, Egypt. Karan and Farah was right "Overseas main srif SRK hi chalta hai"😆 Edited by --hhh-- - 8 years ago
bokul thumbnail
i want to tell something honest
the way films like hate story mastizaade etc do well
i think seeing the chaddi sultan too can do very well
i mean a large section of audience loves to see that type now
minimal to no clothes , bare body , love making scenes etc
i know many on the forum who will drool on the chaddi only
so i dont know if the witty raees will appeal to the masses at all