Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: ExcuseMePlz

Taran Adarsh @taran_adaarsh  

#FAN opened with very low occupancy at single screens, slightly better at multiplexes.Overall occupancy of 20-25%

Beware naakli log nakli news dena chalu kardiya hai...

Ulte muh wala taran?😆
ExcuseMePlz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: yamyam

Ulte muh wala taran?😆

HAan..😆
goatian thumbnail

Originally posted by: ExcuseMePlz

Taran Adarsh@taran_adaarsh<small></small>

#FAN opened with very low occupancy at single screens, slightly better at multiplexes.Overall occupancy of 20-25%

Beware naakli log nakli news dena chalu kardiya hai...

Why don't SRK fans report this account and block it??
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

FAN SPECIAL: To Shah Rukh, With Love!

By Desimartini Editorial Team posted April 14, 2016

Team Desimartini has put together their fandom for the King Of Romance - Shah Rukh Khan with an ode to the man who has taught us love like no one else. 

From a fan's meeting with SRK, to mindboggling Facts About Shah Rukh Khan him, his journey at the movies and his iconic dialogues, we bring you the Best Of Shah Rukh dialogues, Best Of SRK's Quotes with love and best wishes for his film FAN!

FLOATING AND FLOORED: When  a Fan met SRK

Whether I like his movies or not, I remain a Jabra fan of the man forever.

By Smita Kumar Vyas posted April 14, 2016

When I got an email from Desimartini asking me to go for a group interview with SRK I wrote back saying no since I had a play to go to. Ten minutes passed before the enormity of what I had done sunk in. I had said no to an interview with SRK for a play? How could I have been so stupid? After I had salvaged the situation, another level of panic gripped me. What if I made a fool of myself? Asked a really stupid question or worse drooled while trying to say something? And the biggest question of all - what does one wear when one goes to meet a superstar? 

Dressed in my best peach top that I thought flattered me the most and some smart heels (heels can do for your confidence what Deepak Chopra can't) I presented myself at the YRF studio gate at 6pm. I was told that SRK usually ran very late, but I wasn't taking any chances. It's a different feeling believe me, to inform the guard that "SRK ke saath interview hai." Cheap thrills are made of these! 

I had a list of questions from the DM team and some of my own that I thought were so brilliant that SRK was going to point out to me and say "Please ask that lady in that pretty peach top to join me for coffee after this interaction is over. We seem to have a lot to talk about." Sweet dreams are made of these and a girl can daydream can't she? 

After a very short wait (thank God I went on time) we were ushered into a small dimly lit area where there were a lot of people milling about. I looked around, caught my first glimpse of him and heard an African drumbeat. It was only my heart beating a wild rhythm. I took a deep breath, grabbed a chair close to the front and realized that this was not a large conference but a close interaction with just around 20 of us and the man himself. This was fantastic. Good decision on the peach top. We settled down, he grabbed his seat and proceeded to make slaves out of us for the next one hour. He smiled, wisecracked, acted and above all patiently answered questions, some of which he must have answered, maybe, just an hour before. 

Sitting there in a casual jacket and jeans with a beard and a moustache that hid probably a whole lot of tiredness, he discussed everything from his upcoming movie Fan (Aryan Khanna is not SRK) to what would make Bollywood bigger (technology) to has stardom hit him (stardom has caressed me) to his need for a normal life (I don't need one. I love being a superstar) to his need for fans (stardom is fully dependent on people loving you) to his high profile life (I am a fakir). The answers came smoothly, effortlessly - maybe from a million interviews before or from his quicksilver brain that processed everything quickly and gave answers that made us laugh on cue. 

As I sat there listening to him doling out witticisms and advice I wondered how tough it must be to stay engaged, connected and be interested in the people in front of you asking their question eagerly, looking for the sound bytes that would make their stories sparkle. And he didn't disappoint anyone, treating each person and each question with a respect that could only make you love him. 

But it was not the interview that was interesting. It was when the interaction was over that the real fun began. All pretenses at being cool and professional were dropped as each one of us jostled for a photograph, an autograph, our minute of being with him. And he being the consummate showman, made everyone happy. Making a heart with his hands for one young girl to advising another against a selfie due to bad light, to signing on a cellphone for a third and winning my heart by asking me questions about my daughter. We had stood in the magnetic field of a star and the electricity still sloshed around us in waves leaving us happy, shining people. 

I almost skipped out of YRF beaming at the watchman. I looked at the pictures on my phone. I had stars in my eyes and looked like the teenager I felt. SRK was looking at me like I was the only other person in the room. He once said he could romance a tree. Well today that tree was me and I was waving my branches in the hawa ka jhoka' that was SRK. Whether I like his movies or not, I remain a Jabra fan of the man forever.

, , , , " - !

By Prerna Singh posted April 14, 2016

PICK UP LINES YOU CAN USE FROM SHAH RUKH KHAN'S FAN ANTHEM

By Shefali Saxena posted April 14, 2016

12 Shah Rukh Khan Movies Where He Went Out Of The Box

6 years after My Name Is Khan, he comes up with Fan.

By Yatharth Chauhan posted April 14, 2016

There's a reason why Fan happens to be a special release, not just for Shah Rukh, but for millions of his fans around the world. Fans who aren't really comfortable watching him open his arms in every second of his big screen appearance. Fans who believe there's lot more to his acting than what meets the eye. Fans who know behind each of his Dilwale' like performance, there's a Dil Se or a Chak De veiled.

Read: 8 Revelations Shah Rukh Khan Made At The Launch of FAN Anthem

In 25 years of his long career, SRK hasn't shied away from experimenting, innovating and going totally of his commercial realm to churn out products he can be proud of. Some worked, some didn't! But it without a doubt gave complete assurance to his audience that SRK can do things not everybody can. 6 years after My Name Is Khan, he comes up with Fan. A film without songs, dance and romance! The three very elements that define SRK!

Here are 11 of Shah Rukh Khan's movies where he went completely out of his realm:

Baazigar

There's a big reason why this otherwise commercial movie is considered a path breaking decision in Shah Rukh's career. At a time when stars were massively cognizant about building an image, SRK shattered the very perception in style and then some! Going all out to play a negative lead at a very early stage of his career, it was more than evident he didn't think like most others.

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa

Anybody who's watched this Kundan Shah directorial would know why Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa was such a special film. Despite narrating a routine lighthearted romance, the film wasn't made for the Aam Janta'. The niche treatment of the subject did hamper its business but guess what? Shah Rukh won the Filmfare Best Actor Critics Award. Yes, you read it right, critics!

Koyla

After having successfully collaborated with Rakesh Roshan in Karan Arjun, viewers' expectations from Koyla were monumental. Going with an impression of Shahrukh displaying his heroics again, the actor surprised us by playing a mute minion to Amrish Puri. He didn't have a dialogue to speak till about eighty percent of the movie. Understandably so, the film got its share of flak. However, it is now considered as one of the bravest experiments made by an actor along with the filmmaker.

Dil Se

Imagining Shah Rukh in a Mani Ratnam brand of cinema was tough, but he did that too. Late in the 90's when actors were either doing out and out comedy or hardcore action, King Khan didn't shy away from working in a film like Dil Se that had an offbeat component to itself in abundance. The film that dealt with a subject of growing insurgency in the Northeast India, was enough to convey how surprising a decision it was by SRK.

Hey Ram

The film that got banned in most parts of the country just days after its release had Shah Rukh playing a short but important role. Playing Amjad Ali Khan, a friend of Kamal Haasan in the movie, he did give a big surprise to a lot of his fans. The film was in fact a bilingual made in both Hindi and Tamil.

Asoka

Going one step ahead by producing this movie, Shah Rukh gave historical drama a try. Trying to bring the essence of Ashoka The Great on screen, he did push himself to justify the very tough character. However flopped, the film is still one of the most expensive films produced by King Khan.

Shakti: The Power

In a woman centric film that didn't have him for the most part, Shah Rukh shows up only to get brutally beaten and later killed. The film had him in a brief but gripping role that had enough weight to give answers to a lot of his critics. Of course, he also shed out a number like Ishq Kameena, but that doesn't take away anything from the performance he delivered.

Swades

One of the most loved performances of his long career, Swades ranks amongst the best films made post the 90's. Directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, Shah Rukh plays a NASA scientist who gives up living abroad after he's met with India's grassroots reality. The film earned him yet another Filmfare Award and placed him in the hearts of critics who didn't think he was good enough to pull such roles. In the same year he had releases like Main Hoon Na and Veer-Zara. No prizes for guessing, the best of the lot was a box office failure.

One of the most loved performances of his long career, Swades ranks amongst the best films made post the 90's. Directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, Shah Rukh plays a NASA scientist who gives up living abroad after he's met with India's grassroots reality. The film earned him yet another Filmfare Award and placed him in the hearts of critics who didn't think he was good enough to pull such roles. In the same year he had releases like Main Hoon Na and Veer-Zara. No prizes for guessing, the best of the lot was a box office failure.

Paheli

The very next year Shah Rukh teamed up with an unusual filmmaker, Amol Palekar. Amol, who all his life had been a symbol of parallel cinema directed Shah Rukh-Rani in a rural love story that went beyond the routine realms. A bride falling in love with a ghost! That's what this film was about. This was Shah Rukh's second flop in a row after Swades. Despite that, we commend him for having taken up the role.

Chak De! India

Probably the best SRK performance ever, Chak De India is a film that gave every Indian a reason to feel patriotic. A done and dusted ex hockey player who coaches the Indian Women's Hockey team to the glory of the world cup, this story didn't have any taker in the beginning. What made Chak De India so special was SRK's captivating performance along with some fabulous one liners. The film that obviously didn't have a linear screenplay sprung a surprise and was without a doubt the best film of 2007.

My Name Is Khan

It had to come at some stage. The combination of Shah Rukh, Kajol and Karan Johar etching out a gem when we least expected them to do so. Everything about the three of them loudly speaks commercial cinema and yet when they brought out a film like My Name Is Khan, it was a shocking surprise. While playing an autistic husband boarding on journey to meet the president of USA, Rizwan Khan aka Shah Rukh was in an element we had never seen him in. 

Fan

And now from February 2010 to April 2016, this is officially the longest Shah Rukh has got us waiting for him to do something new. While Fan isn't really a normal masala box office outing, we still expect him to spell magic he's pulled on more occasions than a few. If Shah Rukh thinks the only way he can still rule the box office and his audiences is by doing a Happy New Year or a Dilwale, maybe he should head out and see there's a chunk of us. We love him only when he does a Swades or a Chak De or a Fan. Let's hope Fan lives up to the expectations!

Best Dialogues From SRK's FAN! 

By Nikita Kapoor posted April 14, 2016

MOVIES THAT SRK REJECTED LIKE A BOSS

By Deepali Arya posted April 14, 2016

Everyone in Bollywood wants to work with the king of the industry. But practically Shah Rukh can't keep everyone happy. There have been films that SRK was offered but he rejected the roles. Some of them have proved to be great hits. 

Did you know, Shah Rukh Khan was to be casted in Munnabhai MBBS in place of Sanjay Dutt, Ashutosh Gowariker's choice for Jodha Akbar was also King Khan.

Find out the other films that Shah Rukh had rejected.

- : !

By Prerna Singh posted April 14, 2016

WATCH: Here's how much his FANS matter to SRK

QUOTES BY SHAH RUKH KHAN THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!

By Shefali Saxena posted April 14, 2016

Haar ke bhi jeetne wale ko Baazigar kehte hain, aur baar baar haar ke jeetne wale ko King Khan kehte hain!

If there's one Khan whose mere hand gestures can lure the fans, it's Shah Rukh Khan! A normal middle class boy from Delhi who embarked on a journey full of obstacles without looking back, is now the King of hearts and an actor par excellence in the hindi film industry. Once thrown out of Jamia Millia Islamia University for not having proper attendance in the class, this Khan is now giving life lessons to the world. 

Read More: Top 50 Songs Of Shah Rukh Khan That will Never Leave Your Playlist
bokul thumbnail
WARRIOR ANGEL @SRKswarrior1

SRK is the biggest superstar ever and at the same time best actor ever . #FirstDayFANShow

Loved FAN ? Rate it 10 on IMDB if u feel it deserves :) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3495026/ ... #FirstDayFANShow

bokul thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan's Best Roles: 10 Times he Made a Fan of Us

Written by: Divya Goyal   | April 15, 2016 13:28 IST (New Delhi)
inShare
It's Shah Rukh Khan vs Shah Rukh Khan today.

It wasn't easy picking a favourite actor in Karan Arjun - SRK vs Salman, who are we kidding? - but it's certainly going to be simpler this time round. SRK's latest film Fan hits screens today and the choice is between Gaurav Chaddha, an obsessed fan, and Aryan Khanna, a superstar. Both roles are played by Shah Rukh Khan, just like in his first double role film Duplicate.

Just as in Duplicate, Fan has a 'good' SRK and a 'bad' SRK. As the superstar Aryan, Shah Rukh Khan channels his own reality as the Rahul/Raj who won millions of hearts with a signature hug-the-world pose. As the obsessed Gaurav, SRK returns to his antihero roots - his early successes depended on films like Baazigar, Darr and Anjaam. (Also Read: Fan is Not Similar to Darr, Baazigar. Shah Rukh Khan Tells You Why)

We already know Shah Rukh Khan is good at being bad so we aren't debating the merits of Fan here. Instead, we're listing our 10 favourite pre-Fan performances by SRK. Film: Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa

Character: Sunil

Raj and Rahul almost always get the girl but even though Sunil lost her to his romantic rival, he won the audience and critics over. Sunil, a good-natured slacker, is hopelessly in love with Anna, who has eyes only for Chris (Deepak Tijori). To make matters worse, his father thinks he's a complete loser. How Sunil handles rejection on two fronts forms the plot of this, one of SRK's earliest hits.

Film: Chak De! India

Character: Kabir Khan

Shah Rukh was spectacular as the coach of the Indian women's hockey team, an erroneously disgraced star player of the men's hockey team who wins back the country's regard and respect. And "bloody hell," we loved him. His sattar (70) minute dialogue was one of the highlights of the film, which has been used and reused by fans ever since.

Film: Swades

Character: Mohan Bhargava

Swades was SRK's first detour from the mainstream Bollywood formula of romance and revenge into realism. He plays Mohan Bhargava, a NASA project manager who returns to India in search of his governess Kaveri Amma. He finds not just her in a remote village, but also purpose and love.

Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge

Character: Raj Malhotra

DDLJ is still Bollywood's definitive love story, placing SRK in pole position among the roster of cinematic lover boys. His NRI romance with Kajol as Simran meandered from the streets of Switzerland to the mustard fields of Punjab, packed with dialogues that have passed into the lexicon of daily life in India and desi sanskaars that sweetened made the resolution - as a train carries Raj away from Simran, her stern father allows her to make a dash down the platform to a happy ending.

Film: Dil Se...

Character: Amar Kant Varma

In Dil Se, SRK delivered one of his most controlled performances as a man desperately in love, betrayed by his lover and caught on the cusp between love and nationalism.

Film: Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman

Character: Raj Mathur

A budding engineer, Raj Mathur is caught in the conspiring and conniving world of the rich and the glamorous. Then just four films old, SRK did a fine job of portraying innocence and disenchantment by turns.

Film: My Name Is Khan

Character: Rizwan Khan

As the autistic Rizwan, SRK won hearts and empathy. The film chronicled the journey of Rizwan's attempt to meet POTUS in a post-9/11 America and tell him: "My name is Khan, and I'm not a terrorist".

Film: Baazigar

Character: Vicky Malhotra/Ajay Sharma

Haar ke jeetne wale ko Baazigar kehte hai. This is what happens when a revenge-seeking Ajay self-destructs in an attempt to avenge his father, who was duped by his former colleague. He made the 'antihero' a legit leading man in Bollywood, making a difficult crowd to please sit up and take note.

Film: Karan Arjun

Character: Arjun/Vijay

In this satisfyingly-cheesy story of reincarnation and revenge, SRK and Salman Khan are murdered as the brothers Karan and Arjun and reborn as Ajay and Vijay, who tangle with each other head at first before past life recollections lead them on a journey back to their mother and the village they were murdered in. There, they mete out unforgiving and brutal justice to their killers.

Film: Paheli

Character: Kishanlal /The Ghost

In this Amol Palekar-directed film, Shah Rukh plays the role of a dutiful son, consumed by work, who ignores his new bride, played by Rani Mukerji. He also plays the role of a spirit, who takes the form of Kishanlal to be with Rani.

Shah Rukh picked up the Rajasthani accent with ease. He was convincing as the moody, workaholic and often insensitive Kishanlal. He was equally convincing as the doppelganger, who only wanted to be with the woman he loved. Because we want to says this:

Rahul, naam to suna hi hoga. On that note, Raj bhi suna hoga

Ab hai Jabra Fan Gaurav ki bari

bokul thumbnail
http://www.filmfare.com/features/50-reasons-why-we-are-jabra-fans-of-shah-rukh-khan-12932.html
bokul thumbnail

Other's film become good when they have a great director and great support cast , SRK's performance drives his films #FirstDayFANShow

zaroonkashaf thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
What's up , folks! Just browsed through the pages and I have a few questions since I won't be reading any full reviews till I watch it myself.

EMP...do you know if that statement by Raja Sen was a compliment or was it said in a different vein?  He's one tough critic man. I remember people going why is he giving 3 Idiots 2 stars when everyone and their brother was praising it so if that is indeed praise , it's huge coming from him.

Koimoi gave it 2 1/12? Weird but then again everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Just got back! Still very excited and nervous man! Will go through twitter now and see what folks are saying there.
bokul thumbnail
sj

raja sen gave 4 stars to bombay velvet
also 4 stars to tamasha
we all knew how it turned out
so i dont count on him that much