\|/ LakshMila Parivaar #4 \|/ - Invites Only - Page 112

Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by ---Anu---

@bold - this is what CR version describes in two full pages. It ached me while reading those. 

It is not pages and pages, but it is strong enough.

Actually, both Lakshman and Sita say very harsh things to each other, and he leaves in anger, but both come to repent their words.

Like I mentioned before, they were not said out of malice but in the heat of the moment. This section is not basis for destroying Sita and Lakshman's relationship, as the CVs think.

Source:  http://valmikiramayan.net/utf8/aranya/sarga45/aranya_45_frame.htm

"You are a debased one devoid of mercy, thus a dreadful one, and a degrader of your dynasty, and I deem that you derive pleasure from fatal hardship to Rama. [3-45-21b, 22a]

The wording anaaryaH akararuNaarambha= dayaa prasakti rahitaH is as per the text of Govindaraja, while other mms have it as akaarya karaNa aarambha; a kaarya kaaraNa aarambha 'starter for doing an untoward deed.' From Seetha's viewpoint it is 'in wooing brother's wife you are the starter of an untoward deed.'

24. su duSTaH = very, maleficent; tvam ekaH = you, singly; prati cChannaH = covertly; mama hetoH = me, because of; bharatena prayuktaH = instigated, by Bharata; vaa = or; ekam raamam = lone one, Rama, [who was coming to forest all alone]; vane anugacChasi = into forest, you followed.

"You are verily maleficent for you have singly and covertly followed Rama, who started to forests all alone, or instigated by Bharata, only because of me. [3-45-24]

The covert operation of Lakshmana as instantly surmised by Seetha is that, 'when one half-brother Bharata can snatch the kingdom from Rama, you, the other half-brother, can snatch away his wife, hence you have come with covert intentions, on your own, leaving all your kinsfolk. Or, Bharata wanted me too along with the kingdom, so he might have instigated you to fetch me for him, after Rama's death, thus he covertly sent 'you' alone.'

27b, 28a. vi jita indriyaH = self-mortified one; lakSmaNaH = Lakshmana; siitayaa = by Seetha; iti = in this way; roma harSaNam = hair, raising ones; paruSam vaakyam = acerbic, words; uktaH = he who is spoken to; praanjaliH siitaam abraviit = with palms-adjoined, to Seetha, he spoke.

When that self-mortified Lakshmana is addressed in this way with hair-raising and acerbic words by Seetha, he spoke to her suppliantly adjoining his palm-fold. [3-45-27b, 28a]

28b, 29. maithili = oh, Maithili; uttaram vaktum na utsahe = reply, to say, not, I venture; bhavatii mama daivatam = you are, to me, a godlike; apratiruupam [a prati ruupam] vaakyam = [not, reflective in form, sentences,] matchless words - words in a class by themselves, unseemly words; striiSu tu = in women, on their part; citram na = surprising, it is not; eSa naariiNaam svabhaavaH tu = this sort of [using grandiloquence,] for womenfolk, is the nature of, on its part; eSu lokeSu dR^ishyate = in this, world, it is obvious.

"I do not venture to reply you Maithili, as you are like a deity to me. Women using words that are in a class by themselves is not at all surprising. This sort of bringing stilted words into play is the nature of women and it is obvious in the world. [3-45-28b, 29]

30, 31a. striyaH = women; vimukta dharmaaH = unbound, by rightness - etiquette of decency; capalaaH = whimsical; tiikSNaaH = cantankerous; [svabhaavena = with such a nature]; bheda karaaH = vicissitudes, artificers of;janaka aatmaje vaidehii = Janaka', daughter, oh, Vaidehi; [me = my]; ubhayoH shrotrayoH madhye = both, ears, in between; tapta naaraaca sannibham = burnt, iron arrow, like [words]; iidR^isham vaakyam = this kind of, words; na sahe hi = not, bearable, indeed.

"Women by their nature are unbound by the etiquette of decency, whimsical, cantankerous and they tend to become the artificers of vicissitudes, and oh, Vaidehi, the daughter of Janaka, indeed unbearable are this kind of words that are much the same as burnt iron arrows thrust in between my two ears. [3-45-30, 31a]

The role of women in bringing alterations in joint families, peaceful histories or even in transcending legends is evident in every culture. mahaanto api hi bhidyante striibhiH adbhiH iva acalaaH | kaamandaka - lavaNa jalaantaa nadyaH strii bhedaantaani bandhu hR^idayaani | praaciina smR^iti - dk - 'They, the women, may be great beings but they tear asunder hearts, like oceans tearing great mountains.' Lakshmana is not eye-to-eye with Seetha and he is going on listening all her accusations with his two ears. And in between his two ears his conscience is there which is not permitting him to tolerate these words, yet he is tolerating.

32b, 33a. tvaam dhik = upon you, fie; striitvaat = by faminality; duSTa svabhaavena = with acrimonious, temper; [tvam = you]; adya guru vaakye vyavasthitam = presently, mentor's, ordinance, one who is abiding in; maam = me;yat = by which [impulsive, hot-headed] reason; evam vi shankase = in this way, you are - verily, mistrusting; by that crotchety alone; praNashyantiim = you will ruin - say, 'may God damn you' - but not actual perish or ruination, a sort of exasperated expression.

"Fie upon you, you are acrimoniously tempered owing to your faminality, and by which impulsive reason you mistrust me who am presently abiding in my brother's order, may God damn you for that crotchety. [3-45-32b, 33a]

33b, 34a. vara aanane = oh, one with best visage; kaakutsthaH yatra = Kakutstha Rama, where he is; to there; gamiSye = I will go; te svasti astu = to you, safe, betides [you be blest]; vishaala akSii = oh, broad-eyed one; tvaam samagraaH vana devataaH rakSantu = you, all of the, forest, divinities, may protect.

"I am going there where Rama is, oh, lady with best visage, you be blest, and oh, broad-eyed one, let all of the forest deities protect you. [3-45-33b, 34a]

Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 7 years ago
Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

Yes, I think Sita asking Lakshman for his weapons is from RCM, though not 100% sure. She tells him that even if she's not well versed in warfare, every woman is capable of protecting her loved ones in time of need. This is what makes Lakshman finally decide to leave her, because he'd rather her stay at the cottage than wandering around the forests alone.

In Valmiki, Sita accuses him of having ill intentions towards her and that's what makes him leave.

any ideas about SKR version
Originally posted by Rex_Ryan

ohh...I didn't read that ...as I wrote in comment I loved SK portrayal ...it was above my expectations ...after reading the os I was thinking about the aftermath of their exile from rajabhan ...the trouble they can cause to everyone ...especially very strict kirti ...
thought of idea about new part

I have a few ideas up my sleeve ,  just not able to make up my mind , should i continue in current pre vanvas timeline or should i jump 14 years ahead

one thing is for sure , i am not writing my OS in the vanvaas period , too much pain to handle😆 , and I cant write emotional OS as well as Riya and Tha

I would rather keep it comical
Edited by Shivam... - 7 years ago
Excerpt from Valmiki Ramayana
Source:  http://valmikiramayan.net/utf8/aranya/sarga45/aranya_45_frame.htm

"You are a debased one devoid of mercy, thus a dreadful one, and a degrader of your dynasty, and I deem that you derive pleasure from fatal hardship to Rama. [3-45-21b, 22a]

The wording anaaryaH akararuNaarambha= dayaa prasakti rahitaH is as per the text of Govindaraja, while other mms have it as akaarya karaNa aarambha; a kaarya kaaraNa aarambha 'starter for doing an untoward deed.' From Seetha's viewpoint it is 'in wooing brother's wife you are the starter of an untoward deed.'

24. su duSTaH = very, maleficent; tvam ekaH = you, singly; prati cChannaH = covertly; mama hetoH = me, because of; bharatena prayuktaH = instigated, by Bharata; vaa = or; ekam raamam = lone one, Rama, [who was coming to forest all alone]; vane anugacChasi = into forest, you followed.

"You are verily maleficent for you have singly and covertly followed Rama, who started to forests all alone, or instigated by Bharata, only because of me. [3-45-24]

The covert operation of Lakshmana as instantly surmised by Seetha is that, 'when one half-brother Bharata can snatch the kingdom from Rama, you, the other half-brother, can snatch away his wife, hence you have come with covert intentions, on your own, leaving all your kinsfolk. Or, Bharata wanted me too along with the kingdom, so he might have instigated you to fetch me for him, after Rama's death, thus he covertly sent 'you' alone.'

27b, 28a. vi jita indriyaH = self-mortified one; lakSmaNaH = Lakshmana; siitayaa = by Seetha; iti = in this way; roma harSaNam = hair, raising ones; paruSam vaakyam = acerbic, words; uktaH = he who is spoken to; praanjaliH siitaam abraviit = with palms-adjoined, to Seetha, he spoke.

When that self-mortified Lakshmana is addressed in this way with hair-raising and acerbic words by Seetha, he spoke to her suppliantly adjoining his palm-fold. [3-45-27b, 28a]

28b, 29. maithili = oh, Maithili; uttaram vaktum na utsahe = reply, to say, not, I venture; bhavatii mama daivatam = you are, to me, a godlike; apratiruupam [a prati ruupam] vaakyam = [not, reflective in form, sentences,] matchless words - words in a class by themselves, unseemly words; striiSu tu = in women, on their part; citram na = surprising, it is not; eSa naariiNaam svabhaavaH tu = this sort of [using grandiloquence,] for womenfolk, is the nature of, on its part; eSu lokeSu dR^ishyate = in this, world, it is obvious.

"I do not venture to reply you Maithili, as you are like a deity to me. Women using words that are in a class by themselves is not at all surprising. This sort of bringing stilted words into play is the nature of women and it is obvious in the world. [3-45-28b, 29]

30, 31a. striyaH = women; vimukta dharmaaH = unbound, by rightness - etiquette of decency; capalaaH = whimsical; tiikSNaaH = cantankerous; [svabhaavena = with such a nature]; bheda karaaH = vicissitudes, artificers of;janaka aatmaje vaidehii = Janaka', daughter, oh, Vaidehi; [me = my]; ubhayoH shrotrayoH madhye = both, ears, in between; tapta naaraaca sannibham = burnt, iron arrow, like [words]; iidR^isham vaakyam = this kind of, words; na sahe hi = not, bearable, indeed.

"Women by their nature are unbound by the etiquette of decency, whimsical, cantankerous and they tend to become the artificers of vicissitudes, and oh, Vaidehi, the daughter of Janaka, indeed unbearable are this kind of words that are much the same as burnt iron arrows thrust in between my two ears. [3-45-30, 31a]

The role of women in bringing alterations in joint families, peaceful histories or even in transcending legends is evident in every culture. mahaanto api hi bhidyante striibhiH adbhiH iva acalaaH | kaamandaka - lavaNa jalaantaa nadyaH strii bhedaantaani bandhu hR^idayaani | praaciina smR^iti - dk - 'They, the women, may be great beings but they tear asunder hearts, like oceans tearing great mountains.' Lakshmana is not eye-to-eye with Seetha and he is going on listening all her accusations with his two ears. And in between his two ears his conscience is there which is not permitting him to tolerate these words, yet he is tolerating.

32b, 33a. tvaam dhik = upon you, fie; striitvaat = by faminality; duSTa svabhaavena = with acrimonious, temper; [tvam = you]; adya guru vaakye vyavasthitam = presently, mentor's, ordinance, one who is abiding in; maam = me;yat = by which [impulsive, hot-headed] reason; evam vi shankase = in this way, you are - verily, mistrusting; by that crotchety alone; praNashyantiim = you will ruin - say, 'may God damn you' - but not actual perish or ruination, a sort of exasperated expression.

"Fie upon you, you are acrimoniously tempered owing to your faminality, and by which impulsive reason you mistrust me who am presently abiding in my brother's order, may God damn you for that crotchety. [3-45-32b, 33a]

33b, 34a. vara aanane = oh, one with best visage; kaakutsthaH yatra = Kakutstha Rama, where he is; to there; gamiSye = I will go; te svasti astu = to you, safe, betides [you be blest]; vishaala akSii = oh, broad-eyed one; tvaam samagraaH vana devataaH rakSantu = you, all of the, forest, divinities, may protect.

"I am going there where Rama is, oh, lady with best visage, you be blest, and oh, broad-eyed one, let all of the forest deities protect you. [3-45-33b, 34a]

Originally posted by Rex_Ryan

any ideas about SKR version

The current verbal spats between sita and lakshman are even worse than what those accusations might have been in the heat of the moment

one thing is for sure , this scene in SKR will be butchered , and badly
@ janaki
Do you know that RSR muted that accusation dialogue of Sita towards Lakshman 
Originally posted by ---Anu---

Janaki...Your OS...What a phenomenal piece, it is!! 👏⭐️ I can just keep reading it again and again and again! It is so familial, so heartwarming, and extremely apt dialogues of all the three! 👏
I m telling ya, u should at least after 20 years down the line, consider making a show on Ramayana. And better yet, before that author a book on Ramayana, if possible  The latter, I m sure you will do amazingly and it will receive awesome reviews! 🤗   The former, well, depends on the kind of producers and creatives u approach. 😆

Aww, thank you so much Anu!

OMG, I would love to be the writer of a Ramayana serial. But why wait 20 years? Shows based on Ramayana are produced like hot cakes nowadays. 😉🤣 2008 Ramayana was the only one which waited 20 years after 1986 one. After that, 2012 Ramayana was made and now SKR in 2015. 

We all should work together and create a show right now. 😉😉 

We'll spend only the bare minimum on special effects. I honestly don't care if my show will have amazing special effects or not. It's the story that is important, not how technologically advanced it is.

The show will be written by Lola, me, Shru and anyone else who is interested.

We will choose actors not based on their looks alone, but also acting skills and dialogue delivery.

As for storyline, we will stick to the epic with no fake tracks at all, and any creative license will be a minimum and even that will only enhance the greatness of the characters, not destroy them. There will be no dragging at all, and it won't be too fast paced either. The pace will be perfect.

There will be some romance but it'll be proper and divine. There'll be none of this filmy romance nonsense. Most importantly, the show will focus on bhakti rasa and how each and every character in Ramayana helped Lord Ram and Sita Mata with their goal of killing Ravan, which is why they were even born on the Earth.

Our Ramayan show will rock. 
Originally posted by Shivam...

@ janaki
Do you know that RSR muted that accusation dialogue of Sita towards Lakshman 

Yup, so did ASR. 😆 In fact, ASR used more or less the same dialogues, though the way of delivering the dialogues differed greatly with Deepika and Debina. Deepika used a more stern mother approach, while Debina used a more exasperated sister approach. Loved both their acting in this scene though! They were fab.
Originally posted by Shivam...

The current verbal spats between sita and lakshman are even worse than what those accusations might have been in the heat of the moment

one thing is for sure , this scene in SKR will be butchered , and badly

Urgh, StarSita will be in her element, and she will butcher Lakshman so thoroughly I will be surprised if he doesn't flee to Ayodhya. 😡