Users

Frequent Posters

Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: sayee

Hi Guys,

This is Sayee.

Big Mytho buff. Love everything related to Indian Mytho.

Love to write. Literary lover. And much more.

Hope to interact more with you people.

Regards,
Sayee

Welcome Sayee 

Glad of you to accept the invitation and Join Us .

I am Shivam , popularly called Rishivar Valmiki here
Mirage09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Hello Sayee...😳 I think I have seen you here before.. But never got the chance to interact before. Glad to meet you..😃
Shivam... thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sumi-19

I am up till 1 or 1:30 am  and get up by 6 during school and 7 or 7:30 am on holidays!!!!!😉
And in winters , I sleep like that everyone thinks ye toh aaj bistar nahi chodne waali hai!!! ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

In winters , Mujhe toh dhakke maar maar kar uthaya jaata hai , like in Kumbkaran's case
Edited by Shivam... - 8 years ago
Anokhisharma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi sayee... Btw Rishivar nd sumi mujhe toh koi uthata hi nahi hai coz I am my papa's ladli sleeping beauty... No one can even try to wake me up
Trinaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi guys,
I am Trina
Lakshmila's huge fan
I am very happy to join this place

Shivam... thumbnail
utkarsh naithani  has joined writing panel for SKR
Shivam... thumbnail
Originally posted by: trina134

Hi guys,

I am Trina
Lakshmila's huge fan
I am very happy to join this place

Hi Trina , you are welcome dear

Pls feel free to explode out your frustration here with the current SKR Plot😆
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Sayee :) Welcome :)
Hi Trina :) Swaagat hai! :)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Panchavati Memoirs
An OS on Lakshman, the embodiment of hard-work and sacrifice

By RamKiJanaki

It was a hot morning in Panchavati, and many of the animals in the jungle region wandered lazily around, seemingly without aim. However, the three inhabitants of the small quaint cottage near the river Godavari paid no attention to the heat. There were chores to be done, and completed they would be.

Sita stepped out of the cottage and sat beneath the shade of a tree. She held a plate of jasmine flowers in her hands. They were to be made into a garland for the Lord. Her husband, Shri Ram, was at this moment sitting in the cottage offering prayers to the small murti of Lord Shiva he had constructed from mud.

Beginning her work on the garland, Sita smiled affectionately upon catching sight of Lakshman, her brother-in-law who was more like a son to her. Lakshman and a few sages from a nearby cottage were gathering firewood from the jungles and stacking them up near the right side of the cottage. Lakshman had said he could do it himself, but the sages were pleased to offer any service to the trio as they possibly could. They felt lucky to be able to serve the Lord in his human form.

"Lakshman bhaiyya," Sita called out to her devar, eliciting a smile from him as he obediently approached her.

"Yes, Bhabhi? Is there anything you need?" Lakshman asked her with his head bent down and his hands folded in respect.

"No, I do not need anything, but I am quite miffed with you," Sita said, her eyes twinkling. Lakshman looked shocked and concerned.

"Have I done something wrong, Bhabhi? Please do forgive me, it was done unknowingly."

Sita stifled an urge to giggle at his innocence. "I do not know whether I should forgive you or not."

"Perhaps - perhaps you can tell me what I did wrong?" Lakshman asked with confusion, "If I know what my mistake was, I can try to rectify it."

"Alright," said Sita, taking pity on him, "You committed a very big mistake! Your Sita Bhabhi cooked breakfast for you and your brother, and you did not partake of it at all!"

Lakshman smiled bashfully. "Forgive me, Bhabhi. There was so much work to be done, and -"

"Work can wait, putr, but a hungry stomach cannot," Sita chided him with a stern look, but then she smiled and placed a hand on his cheek. "Now go, have some breakfast and then continue your work. This is your Bhabhi's order."

"Then how can I help but fulfill it?" Lakshman responded with a chuckle, "Alright Bhabhi, you win as usual. I will take a small break, but a very small one, mind you."

"That is all I can ask," was Sita's mirthful response.

A few minutes later, Sita finished the garland and headed into the cottage. She handed the garland to Ram and looked around for Lakshman. He was nowhere in sight.

After Ram, completed his prayers, he stood up and smiled at Sita.

"How are you doing this fine morning, priye?" he asked her lovingly.

"I am quite miffed with that brother of yours, my lord!" Sita sighed with exasperation, hands on her hips. Ram chuckled.

"What has Lakshman done now?" he asked with raised brows.

"He has been working so hard without any food in his stomach," Sita complained, "I entreated him to eat some breakfast and he agreed, but he is nowhere in sight. He has evaded me yet again!"

Ram laughed outright and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Lakshman came inside, and when he saw that I was still doing my prayers, he left again."

"Of course, how could I have expected him to eat before you?" Sita sighed ruefully, "He is such an obedient brother. Even if you asked him to eat before you, he would never agree."

"I have tried to convince him not to wait for me," Ram agreed, "But Lakshman feels insulted at even the suggestion that he eat before me."

"Well, you are done with your prayers now, so I will serve you both," Sita said happily.

Ram grasped her hand and pressed it lovingly. "Sitey, you also eat with us. You work so hard every day, and it pains my heart to see you wait until we are done before you eat yourself."

"It is no hardship for me, Raghunath," Sita responded with a smile. "I derive great happiness in serving you and Lakshman Bhaiyya. I consider it my duty yes, but even more than that, it gives me a sense of fulfillment."

Ram returned her smile and went out to summon Lakshman. Once both brothers had washed their hands and feet, they sat down in the tiny kitchen area while Sita served them hot Pongal on banana leaves, along with cut mango slices.

Lakshman glanced at his brother, and once Ram put a morsel of food in his mouth after offering his prayers, he too began to eat. Sita smiled seeing his devotion.

"Bhabhi, that is too much!" Lakshman complained childishly while Sita ladled more Pongal onto his leaf.

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you!" Sita smirked as she ladled yet more Pongal. Lakshman's mouth dropped open.

"Bhabhiii!" He turned to his brother, who was shaking his head at his wife and brother's antics.

"Bhaiyya, look! Bhabhi is serving me way too much good! Say something!" He pouted like a child.

"My dear brother, in times like this, it is better for the husband to remain mute," Ram responded in a serious tone, though the twinkle in his eyes gave away his mirth. "Father always said men should not interfere in a woman's domestic matters."

"That is not fair!" Lakshman complained, "Bhabhi, I beg of you. Please do not serve me anymore food."

"On one condition," Sita giggled. "You must finish this without complaining, and then in the afternoon, you must promise me to take a break from your work for at least 15 minutes."

"15 minutes?" Lakshman gasped, "Bhabhi, do you have any idea how much work can be completed in 15 minutes?"

"Yes, but it is nothing that cannot wait," Sita responded simply. When she held up her ladle threateningly, Lakshman held up his hands in surrender.

"Alright! I accept, Bhabhi, but please put that terrifying ladle away!"

Sita rolled her eyes but could not help the self-satisfied smile that graced her lips. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Ram give her a secretive wink, as if to say, Well played, my dear. Well played.'

Later that afternoon, Lakshman noticed that the dirt on the front porch was chipping away and sat down to patch it up with wed mud. He was not an idle man. Even before the exile, he always completedt little errands around the palace, something to keep his hands and feet busy. Idleness made him feel restless, and restlessness prevented the proper completion of one's duty.

Nothing gave Lakshman more pleasure than to work on the cottage he had built in Panchavati. It was his pride and joy, and whenever he saw Ram and Sita derive happiness from it, it gave him a sense of fulfillment.

Once, Ram had offered to help him build the cottage, and Lakshman had felt like an utter failure. Surely it was because he had failed in his duties that Ram had even thought to help him. He must have done something wrong, made an unforgiveable mistake, if Ram thought his brother needed assistance.

Ram had quickly corrected his wrong assumption and assured him that he was unparalleled in his devotion and service, that he could not even conceive the thought of Lakshman failing in his duties, because Lakshman never failed. He was the very definition of success, and whatever he set his mind to, he was able to complete.

"I only wished to share the burden you have taken on your shoulders," Ram had told his brother affectionately. "You have served Sita and me like a son, taking upon yourself the sole duty of caring for us. If you can be like our son, can I not offer you the comfort of a father, Lakshman?"

"Your love and appreciation are all I need, Bhaiyya," Lakshman had assured his brother bashfully, "Continue to love me as you do, and I will feel like all the strength in the world resides on my shoulders."

Now, Lakshman worked on repairing the front porch, a smile on his face and not at all bothered by the pounding afternoon sun.

Sita, who was watering her beloved plants nearby, looked at Lakshman with concern. Glancing at the scorching such, she felt worried for her brother-in-law.

She picked up the pot filled with water and walked over to him.

"The porch looks lovely, Lakshman, but you are sweating profusely. Come inside and rest for a while."

"I am not bothered by the sun, Bhabhi," was her devar's stubborn response. Sita sighed.

"You promised me, remember?"

"But Bhabhi -"

"No buts, young man. Now wash your hands and come inside," Sita said sternly.

She poured water onto Lakshman's hands and once he had cleaned himself, led him inside where she handed him a goblet of water to drink. Ram lay nearby, taking a quick nap.

Lakshman smiled at the sight of his brother and sat by his feet. Taking them upon his lap, he began massaging his brother's feet lovingly, a blissful smile on his lips. Sita sat by Ram's head and fanned him with the palloo of her sari.

The Gods in the heavens looked down at the sight of Ram, Lakshman and Sita and felt blessed to behold such an image of love and loyalty. It was like seeing Lord Vishnu and Shri Mahalakshmi resting atop the great Ananda Sesha.

Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 8 years ago
Rex_Ryan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shivam...

In winters , Mujhe toh dhakke maar maar kar uthaya jaata hai , like in Kumbkaran's case

aap logo ko to sirf winters me uthana padta ha ...but mughe agar mom daily nahi uthai to main to 12-1 baje uthu ...alarm clock ...to jaise mute mode par chale jayte ha mere case me